“Comfortable atmosphere.”

Cuisines: Turkish
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Sultanahmet
Reviewed 16 May 2014

Enjoyed this restaurant. Servers were upbeat and helpful. Food very good. View nice. Comfortable atmosphere with pillows and blankets. Outside area. Sheep cheese appetizer excellent. Chicken in the clay pot was also excellent.

There are newer reviews for Cheers Soul Kitchen

Reviewed 14 May 2014 via mobile

After a month in Turkey we thought we had eaten all the mezze plates we could eat, but we were wrong!!

The Cheers mixed mezze was absolutely delicious. It was fresh, flavoursome, very varied. We had a selection of things we hadn't eaten anywhere else in Turkey so far. Great bread too! I am a vegan and have found it hard in some places to find food that suits both myself as well as the omnivore diets of the rest of my family, but this mix of starters was absolutely perfect - some beautiful vegan/vegetarian options as well as meaty ones too.

The staff are friendly and funny and very accommodating, and all speak great English too. We only had the mezze as a snack on this visit but will definitely be coming back for a full dinner before we leave Istanbul, yum!

Reviewed 13 May 2014

Despite a couple of mixed reviews on Tripadvisor we decided to try Cheers Soul Kitchen which was just a stone's throw from our hotel (Amira). We were not disappointed. Very good Turkish food, with a slight modern twist, reasonably priced and served by very friendly, attentive staff. The owner is a real character and very good value. The soul music played gives the place a great atmosphere. My wife and I ate there on consecutive nights and, on both occasions, the place was full and really buzzing. Would definitely recommend it for a fun evening. Does not accept credit cards so be warned.

Reviewed 13 May 2014

This restaurant deserves the rating it has gained on the site.
Although it is not in the exact city center, it is worth the extra miles.
It is cosy, non-touristic restaurant.

On the terrace you look over the Marmara sea, the food is great - don't expect a Michelin level but the prices are mild. Service was fast at the time we have been to (before dinner time)

Reviewed 5 May 2014

We ate at this restaurant mainly because of the reviews. I should have known better as it wasn't recommended by our hotel (Amira) despite the fact I could see it from the hotel terrace area. When we arrived, we were the only patrons as it was early evening. The service was just OK, really, especially since the staff had no one else to serve. It seemed like the waiter couldn't understand our requests in English, but ultimately did bring another staff member over to help take our order. I had a teski kebab which was interesting, but too salty for me to finish. My husband's meal wasn't fabulous. To top it off, no credit cards were accepted - thankfully, we had cash on hand. I wouldn't go back here, nor recommend it.

2  Thank Debbie T