“Average”

Ranked #295 of 1,135 Hotels in Istanbul
Ankara, Turkey
“Average”
Reviewed 17 March 2012

I stayed for 1 night to get to my flight early in the morning. There is a free shuttle in every 15 minutes. We used it to get to the hotel and the airport. The hotel is in the airport. If you have a flight and need to spend some time around airport, this hotel is the best option. Check-in, chec-out took very short time. Rooms are really large and clean. TV was big and furnutire was new. Sleep quality is ok. However walls are really thin and you can hear the next room very clearly. Breakfast was ok. You see the aircrafts and passengers while you are having your breakfast; interesting view. Staff was polite and helpful.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
5 Thank Senol84

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (100)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Rome, Italy
Reviewed 8 March 2012

I stay in the TAV Airport Hotel one night during my transfer from Istanbul to another place of Turkish..the hotel is very nice, wonderfull, there is a free bus that it take you from/to hotel-airport every 15 minutes, the rooms in the hotel are very excellent room, cleaned and they are all of confort. There aren't any noise and during the night you can sleep very very good even though it is situated behind the airport. I'm sure I will come back in the TAV Airport for every travelling in Turkish.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank EmanueleL81
Reviewed 2 March 2012

Big rooms clean white lines with modern style. Very nice ambient with good service. Ideal to rest in aeroport night. You will enjoy!!!! I loved....

• Stayed March 2012
Croatia
Reviewed 18 February 2012

Only comfort room, clean, mini bar, TV, but to expensive...stay 3-6 hours - 135.00 eur.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank Marko K
Oakland, California
Reviewed 4 February 2012

My husband and I returned home separately from Beirut with an overnight in Istanbul. We were both so pleased to have a bit of time to rest our weary heads before enduring the long flight home. We were picked up within ten minutes after arrival (immediately telephone access to hotel at pick-up site). The hotel is perfectly clean, perfectly comfortable and almost perfectly efficient. I had a five a.m. flight and left a 2:00 a.m. wake up call, which I did not get until 3:30 a.m. In a whirlwind I made it to the gate at 4:30 a.m. I strongly suggest not trusting verbal communication. Write down your essential time needs. Something was lost in translation. Yet, I would unhestatingly use this hotel again.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank JubiladosMagnificos
Little Sutton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 February 2012

I stayed here twice this week the first night was after a long delay, the restaurant serves food till 11.30 pm which is handy after a shapooh day.
The staff are friendly and helpful, ringing the ferry company to check my onward journey was ok.
The restaurant looks out over gate 220 and 221 so you get to see the organised chaos of the planes coming in and out, the Efes beer is 11 TLR a bottle which is just under £5 a bottle!
Breakfast is a buffet style with plenty of choice, and my favorite the honey still in the wooden frame.
Expensive?? well had 2 course dinner and 3 bottles of beer and the night stay was around 330 TLR a night which is £130 ish

Room Tip: I had a non smoking room, but could hear the clicky clack of shoes on the second stay, perhaps was u...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
Hamburg, Germany
Reviewed 3 February 2012

I´ve stayed in this hotel very often but since 2008 the staff is becoming very rude to the hotel guests. I like this hotel because it is very convenient specially for transit passangers but now I will look for another hotel. The last time I´ve been there was 3 weeks ago and the reception was so cold and unfriendly I felt like an unwelcome guest. I even asked if there is any problem and they didn´t even answer my question. By checking out the same situation and the receptionist gave me no invoice and treated me as I wasn´t there, I was so upset and under stress, I was as nervous as I checked in and I wanted to relax and enjoy my stay there. This kind of treatment made change my mind and stay in another hotel next time. By all the comfort I want to be treated with respect. This hotel must learn that "to be friendly" is also a part of the service.

Room Tip: Choose another hotel if you want to be treated with respect specially if you are european.
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled on business