All reviews international terminal passport control long layover between flights transit area security screening hour layover turkish airlines connecting flight an early morning flight turkey room service your luggage free shuttle shuttle service rooms are spacious short stay
Reviewed 24 October 2013

The hotel itself is fine, no complaints. However, surely the point if an airport hotel is convenience and being easy to get to/from, especially if arriving off a long flight late at night. There are no signs in the terminal and then you have to wait for a shuttle bus which may, or may not arrive after 15 minutes. I gave up and walked the 1km road distance, risking my life as cars and taxis honked their horns at me. Not the greatest arrival.

Date of stay: October 2013
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
3  Thank MrnMrsBales
Esra A, Sales Executive at TAV Airport Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 December 2013

Dear Guest,
We are very sorry for the unpleasant situation you experienced in our hotel on your recent stay. Unfortunately sometimes our guests can't see the direction signs to our hotel where they located in the terminal.
In normal circumstances our shuttle bus runs between the hotel and the terminal every fifteen minutes. Alternatively it is possible to walk to the hotel inside the terminal. All you need to do is go one floor down to the metro-subway exit and turn right after the exit follow the road for 30 meters then you will see the hotel wright infront of you.
Once again we are sorry for the wait and any inconvenience we may caused.
We hope to have you as our guest again in the future.
Regards.

Reviewed 16 October 2013

I have never EVER received such a bad attention from a hotel recepcionist. I stayed at the hotel for 3 hours on 1st september 2013, at around 1 am. There was no way I could understand what the receptionist was saying, he looked at me as if I were stupid, but the problem is that he spoke such bad english there was no way I could understand everything. I can't understand how this hotel can hire people like this, who have no idea of what hospitality means, and most important, in a hotel that's located at the airport, they don't even care about giving a good first impression for tourists that come from foreign countries. Not only did this man answer every question in a rude way, but sometimes I wouldn't even get an answer. There's no way I'd ever go back to that hotel, I'd rather sleep in any uncomfortable seat at the airport since paying 150 euros was a total waste of money for this place.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
3  Thank Blonde_2189
Reviewed 8 October 2013

On previous lay-overs at Ataturk I have ellected to stay at one of the hotels on the airport's perimeter road "close" to the airport. The taxi journey always seemed to take an age so this time I elected for the TAV. Brilliant it was too. There is a shuttle bus that runs every fifteen minutes from outside arrivals or otherwise you can telephone the hotel (from a dedicated freephone at the bus stop). The stop/freephone is not too easy to find but I only had to ask for directions a couple of times to find my goal. The bus journey takes 5-10 minutes....but if you know where to go it only takes 5 minutes to walk to the hotel entrance......folow the signs to the METRO and at the METRO entrance go out the door to your right and keep right to arrive at the TAV.

Check-in was simple and fast and I ordered a wake-up call for my early morning flight (which was bang on time). Having checked-in and feeling hungry I ventured into town by METRO (very cheap and between 30-45 minutes depending on what central area you want to go to.

From waking-up next morning to getting to my boarding gate only took 25 minutes (I opted for the shuttle bus at such an early hour). Staff were all excellent and the room was very comfortable indeed.

Be careful about which hotel you book into. The TAV is really two hotels. One is airside and one is landside (although they are joined together physically). I opted for the landside hotel option which meant I had to clear Turkish customs immigration on way in and way out (remember your £10 VISA). If you opt for the airside option, you do not go through immigration but on arrival at the hotel your options are limited.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
4  Thank FairCityFrasie
Esra A, Sales Executive at TAV Airport Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 October 2013

Dear Reviewer,
Thank for your comprehensive feedback following your recent stay at TAV Airport Hotel. We fully appreciate the time you have taken to share your experiences on this site.
We strive to provide our guests with memorable experiences and we are truly delighted we exceeded your expectations.
Thank you for staying with us, we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.
Kind Regards.

Reviewed 7 October 2013

If you have a lay-over for more than 4 hours, this is definitely the place to check in and rest. Great indirect lighting, clean, and comfortable beds and most of all quiet. The hotel is one level down from the transit hall. Price is per 3-hour block and costs about $164 for two beds. A bit pricey, but less than buying an economy comfort upgrade.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Wanderer10000BC

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your feedback. We are so pleased your stay at TAV Airport Hotel more matched your expectations.
We look forward to welcome you back in the near future.
Regards.
Esra Arıman Flynn

Reviewed 7 October 2013

Whether you have a long layover or are planning a longer stay in Istanbul, this is the perfect location. Attached to the airport, it also offers easy access to the city's metro train/tram system which can take you to all major areas of the city. The hotel is very clean and offers free fast internet and free breakfast buffet. It is also very secure. The staff is very helpful and friendly. While it does not offer a gym or spa, you will get plenty of exercising walking the streets of Istanbul and a harem (Turkish bath) can be easily found i. The Old City. Also, there is a market nearby the metro stop in the airport to pick up items to munch on in your room.

Room tip: Very clean, but no gym or spa.
Date of stay: October 2013