“Very convenient but...”
Review of TAV Airport Hotel

TAV Airport Hotel
Ranked #250 of 1,175 Hotels in Istanbul
Reviewed 7 December 2013

If you arrive late at this airport and have to leave early the next morning, and if you are ready to pay the stiff price, this hotel is convenient. The rooms are spacious, quiet, and comfortable, although mine was far from dark even with drawn curtains and all lights inside off. The hotel is within walking distance of the international terminal but it is not that easy to find, as signs are few are far between - incomprehensibly given that this is a TAV hotel!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
3  Thank Seasondtraveller
SinemGoksel, Sales Executive at TAV Airport Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 February 2014

Dear Guests,

We would like to thank you for choosing TAV Airport Hotel and also sharing your precious opinions with us.

We are pleased to hear our rooms were to your satisfaction.
Sometimes our guest can't see easly the direction signs to our hotel but alternativley we have shuttle service 24 hours from terminal to hotel. It makes a ring service every 15 min. from Domestic & International Terminal to the Hotel.

We look forward to welcoming you at TAV Airport Hotel again.

Best Regards,
Sinem Göksel

Reviewed 1 December 2013

You had to spend the night at the airport Ata Turk Istanbul. I had a very early flight did not want to go far in the airport. Despite the fact that I made the reservation online hotel when I arrived in stabul hardly find phone connection instead of the shuttle to the hotel. I learned that I was not who does not wait for my reservation and can not find. And the seats are not. It was not pleasant to look for a place to sleep

Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
3  Thank Runner78
Esra A, Sales Executive at TAV Airport Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 December 2013

Dear Guest,
Unfortunately your comments wasn't clear enough for us to see the problem you experienced regarding your last visit to our hotel. Could you please rewrite your comment and explain what was the issue that made your stay unpleasant. if you wish to e-mail me please use my e-mail address below.
Thank you.
Kind regards.
Esra Ariman Flynn
esra.ariman@bta.com.tr

Reviewed 26 November 2013

Istanbul has terrible traffic. I recently had a 6 a.m. flight out of the Ataturk and decided to book a room at the TAV the night before to be sure I could make my flight. It beats getting up at 4 a.m. to get there on time. Yes, as other reviewers have stated, the hotel is somewhat expensive, but no more than other top hotels. Also, the restaurant is pretty reasonable.

I booked the hotel at the last minute by e-mail and the staff were very helpful. The room was also spacious, quiet, and comfortable. It is also easy to walk to the airport rather than take the shuttle. However, there are not many signs so go to the metro stop and then look for the signs. There is a very convenient elevator directly into the check-in area. If you can afford the price, I highly recommend the TAV.

Room Tip: The rooms facing away from the runways are quiet. There are very long hallways. I was near the end...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Esra A, Sales Executive at TAV Airport Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 December 2013

Dear Guest,
Many thanks for your generous comments. We are very happy to learn that our rooms were to your satisfaction and and our staff met your needs.
We sincerely appreciate your recognition and look forward to welcoming you back soon at TAV Airport Hotel.

Reviewed 10 November 2013

TAV Airport hotel is good stopover hotel. It's one of the most convenient airport hotels I have ever seen as it's inside the international area of the terminal. We stopped there in a connection coming from Italy and heading to Brazil which had a layover of 9hs. Even staying for 5hs in the hotel (which charges for every 4hs), it was still great to recharge. Rooms are simple, attention is not a plus and it's quite expensive but if you really need some place to rest, this is it.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,
Thank you for sharing your comments on Tripadvisor.
We are glad to hear that you were able to rest between your flights and enjoyed our facilities.
We look forward to welcoming you back again to TAV Airport Hotel on your next visit to Istanbul.
Kind Regards.

Reviewed 29 October 2013

What needs attention:
Arrival is a bit confusing at first because you have to walk all around, even though the building is connected to the airport (unless you have air reservation). Then the security at the door is a little weird.
What got my attention:
Check-in is speedy and efficient, room is spacious and has modern service amenities all-round. Room Service Food is good, but presentation does not match room efforts. Breakfast is top for such a venue in quality, quantity and offerings. Staff is kind and professional. The fact that someone calls me 30min after check-in to see if all is fine, does not even happen at the Four Seasons. In fact, I was given comp breakfast because she knew that I would have to get up early and was to fly across the Atlantic. Next time for short stay business, save your trouble and rest at this hotel.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
6  Thank FJHPE

Dear Guest,
Many thanks for your possitive comments regarding to your recent stay in TAV Airport Hotel.
We are very pleased to hear our rooms were to your satisfaction and you found our staff kind and proffessional. We pride ourselves on our guest service and I've passed your comments on to our relevent staff.
We look forward to welcoming you again to TAV Airport Hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 24 October 2013

The hotel itself is fine, no complaints. However, surely the point if an airport hotel is convenience and being easy to get to/from, especially if arriving off a long flight late at night. There are no signs in the terminal and then you have to wait for a shuttle bus which may, or may not arrive after 15 minutes. I gave up and walked the 1km road distance, risking my life as cars and taxis honked their horns at me. Not the greatest arrival.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
3  Thank MrnMrsBales

Dear Guest,
We are very sorry for the unpleasant situation you experienced in our hotel on your recent stay. Unfortunately sometimes our guests can't see the direction signs to our hotel where they located in the terminal.
In normal circumstances our shuttle bus runs between the hotel and the terminal every fifteen minutes. Alternatively it is possible to walk to the hotel inside the terminal. All you need to do is go one floor down to the metro-subway exit and turn right after the exit follow the road for 30 meters then you will see the hotel wright infront of you.
Once again we are sorry for the wait and any inconvenience we may caused.
We hope to have you as our guest again in the future.
Esra Ariman Flynn

Reviewed 16 October 2013

I have never EVER received such a bad attention from a hotel recepcionist. I stayed at the hotel for 3 hours on 1st september 2013, at around 1 am. There was no way I could understand what the receptionist was saying, he looked at me as if I were stupid, but the problem is that he spoke such bad english there was no way I could understand everything. I can't understand how this hotel can hire people like this, who have no idea of what hospitality means, and most important, in a hotel that's located at the airport, they don't even care about giving a good first impression for tourists that come from foreign countries. Not only did this man answer every question in a rude way, but sometimes I wouldn't even get an answer. There's no way I'd ever go back to that hotel, I'd rather sleep in any uncomfortable seat at the airport since paying 150 euros was a total waste of money for this place.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple