TAV Airport Hotel
US$149
US$116
US$120
  • Breakfast included
Istanbul Golden City Hotel(Istanbul)(Great Value!)
US$68
US$64
US$314
US$152
  • Restaurant
DoubleTree by Hilton Istanbul Avcilar(Istanbul)(Great Value!)
US$62
Hotel Sultania(Istanbul)
US$135
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsinternational terminalpassport controllong layoverbetween flightstransit areadomestic flightsecurity screeningfree phonehour layoverturkish airlinesan early flightconnecting flightturkeyroom servicebusiness loungecheck in was quickfree shuttle
Reviewed 16 February 2014

From Tokyo, I arrived at Istanbul Atarurk around 18:00, and checked in immediately after going through the transit security. Front Desk was quite pleasant, and they have recommended me to reduce the staying time, as they have "hourly" rate system. I stayed for around 15 hours (my original booking was for 24 hours), and tax inclusive price was Eur. 190. For me, as my travel expense was to be borne by the company, I did not have much problem with the price. But it could be lower.

The room was clean, room was quiet, and various restaurants (including food court) within short walking distance of the departure area. (You need a boarding pass for your connecting flight to check into this hotel/area). I usually used nearby (outside) airport hotel like WOW or Radisson, but this hotel was a pleasant finding. If my transit time is not so long, I would definitely use TAV once again.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank Daisuke A
SinemGoksel, Sales Executive at TAV Airport Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 February 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your comprehensive feedback Tav Airport Hotel. We are appreciate it your all opinion expressed.

Once again, thank you for staying with us and sharing your opinions. Look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Best Regards,

Reviewed 16 February 2014

Found the shuttle pick up for this hotel after I thought I would be able to walk it after a long 20 hour flight from Australia. I can see how other posters had some difficulty however. Overall I found the hotel to be modern, well equipped and with a great breakfast. Be prepared to carry your baggage potentially a VERY long way as some of the corridors are incredibly long. Overall however it was a good hotel, in a necessary location, with all the mod cons one needs.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

We would like to thank you for choosing TAV Airport Hotel and also sharing your precious opinions with us.
We are happy to learn that we were able to make you comfortable in our property and to secure a pleasant stay for you in general. We sincerely hope to welcome you back soon.

Best Regards,

Reviewed 8 February 2014

We arrived here in the evening and were under the impression that this hotel is within walking distance (it is actually attached to the international terminal if you look on the map). Unfortunately, however, you need to take a shuttle here as stated in the below reviews.

We finally found the shuttle stop but unfortunately there is no shuttle schedule listed there, just a phone number to call. The person on the other end took my name down and said it will be there within 10 minutes. 35 minutes later there was no sign of the shuttle, so I called again. The person apologized and said, again, 10 minutes. This time it did. I'm not really sure how it's possible to wait 40 minutes for a 5 minute shuttle ride, but that's what happened. Had we known it would be 45 minutes we could have waiting inside, but ended up waiting in the freezing cold for 45 minutes, having no clue when it would arrive. Unacceptable for the price paid at the hotel.

Check-in was quick and the rooms was quite nice (land-side superior). Very good bathroom and comfortable bed.

The totally unexpected highlight, however, was the room service. We were starving upon arrival and groaned at the idea of room service from an airport hotel, but had no other options. We ordered the lentil soup, grilled vegetable/halloumi cheese sandwich, and the manti (Turkish dumplings in yogurt and tomato sauce). The lentil soup in Turkey is always good and this one was no exception. The sandwich was excellent, with all vegetables freshly grilled and on a very nice multigrain bread. And the manti was simply mindblowing. We've had it maybe 4 times previously in Turkey, and no other one came close to this.

Breakfast was pretty good and standard (begins at 4am). Check-out was pain free and the shuttle was right there to take us back.

If it wasn't for the shuttle fiasco we would consider staying here on our next Istanbul stopover, as it's so close to the airport and rooms are very nice. Instead, we will opt for a cheaper hotel nearby which actually lists their shuttle schedule, or grab a cab.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

First of all thank you for your feedback that you have taken the time to describe your impressions.

We apologise for wait at the shuttle stop and any inconvenience we may caused.

Also we are pleased to learn that our rooms and services were to your satisfaction.

Ones again, thanks for your time to write your review. We sincerely hope to welcome you back soon at TAV Airport Hotel.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 7 February 2014

Despite the steep price, we booked this since we were to arrive at the airport around midnight. Based on the way it was advertised, we assumed that it was a short walk. That assumption was incorrect. We tried to find the hotel by foot, but finally asked for directions. We were told that it was much too far to walk. At the airport, we called the hotel. They said that they'd send a shuttle. Although it supposedly drove by, we didn't see it. After waiting a half hour, we called again. It was past 2AM by the time we finally got the shuttle. We didn't make it to our complimentary breakfast since we were so tired.

In a lot of words, don't book this place if you're doing it solely for convenience.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Shane1102
SinemGoksel, Sales Executive at TAV Airport Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 February 2014

Dear Guest,

We are very sorry for the unpleasant situation you experienced in our hotel on your recent stay.

In normal circumstances our shuttle bus runs between the hotel and the terminal every fifteen minutes. Alternatively it is possible to walk to the hotel from the terminal. Normally it takes 5 minutes from international terminal to the Hotel but unfortunately sometimes our guests can't see the direction signs to our hotel where they located in the terminal.Our Hotel is located next the VIP Lounge in International Terminal.

Once again we are sorry for the wait and any inconvenience we may caused.

We hope to have you as our guest again in the future.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 6 February 2014

I had five hours waiting in Istanbul Ataturk Airport as a transit, I needed to get to toilet but I hate public toilets so I found this hotel with more than 100 Euro for 0 - 3 hours staying. And once i entered to my room, I found it very nice, huge and clean. I took shower, rest and relaxed. There was coffee for free.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. We are delighted you enjoyed your stay at TAV Airport Hotel.
We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Kind Regards.