Green Park Bostanci
US$119
US$118
Orbitz.com
  • Breakfast included
Istanbul Golden City Hotel(Istanbul)(Great Value!)
US$71
US$63
  • Breakfast included
DoubleTree by Hilton Istanbul Avcilar(Istanbul)(Great Value!)
US$62
US$147
US$96
Agoda.com
US$393
  • Restaurant
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 26 January 2012

I have been here a couple of times: overall acceptable although quite expensive if compared to other Istanbul hotels with the same or higher quality standards.
I found the rooms to be clean, although the furniture was quite old; the same for common areas.
Friendly staff at reception even if quite slow.
Allegedly there were two restaurants, only the one on the ground floor was working; on the second night it was fully booked for a private function and we were invited to seat in the bar and have dinner there (in the dark). Food quality was acceptable but once again quite expensive.
On the last day we had breakfast at 7.00: the room was open but the buffet was not fully prepared yet (breakfast was supposed to start at 6.30)

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank EmmeVi
Reviewed 28 October 2011

My first visit to Istanbul- a wonderful city but with only two bridges the traffic is a nightmare. You have to be patient because getting anywehre takes a long time!

Room Tip: All rooms that i know of are great- Pool and gym are just below 1st floor
Reviewed 22 October 2011

Stayed here for 5 nights while running a training course in the hotels conference centre. With the ratings on here and the fact we couldn't get availability anywhere else we were a little worried when had to settle for the Green Park. As other reviewers have stated its clearly not 5 stars but could pass for 4. I have to start by complimenting the staff, the reception staff, the conference staff and all the waiting staff were pleasant and very efficient. The pool area is nice, as is the gym- but not when it got full as the ventilation is a bit poor. The breakfast in the restaurant was very average but the lunches were all great- and we ate here for 4 days.

The only real issue was the aircon, or lack of it. Apparently people were complaing the hotel was cold so the hotel turned up the heating... which was tough to take particlualry over night.
I wouldn't say it is in an 'industrial area' as someone has written on here, there a couple of restaurants close by. But only 10 mins in taxi, you can reach Bagdhat Street which has every type of cuisine you could want along with great bars/coffee shops. I would really reccomend 'Saloon' (booked by the hotel for us), a very relaxed bar/restaurant with cosy modern decor. I was at dinner with 7 people and everyone thoroughly enjoyed their food and the dinner in general.

If you are visiting Istanbul for all the sites then stay on the European side but if you want get to see a bit more of what istanbul has to offer or are doing business on the Aisa side you could do worse than the Green Park. This isn't the Marriot (which is really close) but you are not (or shouldn't be) paying Marriott prices.

Reviewed 16 October 2011

The good things about this hotel were the outside pool which no one else sat at and the free wifi. The rooms were fine and the staff generally tried their best. However, as has been mentioned before this is a) not a 5 star hotel and b) not a tourist hotel. It is in the middle of an industrial estate, no one takes travellers cheques and we had to take a 2 hour taxi ride into the centre of Istanbul to change our money. Besides breakfast which was ok we only had one meal in the hotel which was very expensive and my main course was brought out and left on the side while I was still eating the starter. Food was good though. Overall I should have not let myself be swayed by the 5 star rating and read Trip Advisor before booking! OK if you just want to get away and chill I guess. oh and the air conditioning didnt work and the bath leaked!

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank leilaferguson
Reviewed 6 October 2011

Situated in far end of Bostanci, near various car shops and abandoned construction sites, with not so much of a view, this hotel is rated 5 star for unknown reasons. Staff does not know English, hotel restaurant is not working during the day and prices are sky high. It's good thing that nearby is good shop and few good restaurants, so i didn't die from hunger or dehydration.
Bathrooms are old, wireless internet doesn't exist (they sent guy to brim me UTP cable for network), they didn't bother to bring my bags to my room (not that i've required it, but then, it's 5 star hotel, isn't it?)
Overall, not the place i will visit next time...

Room Tip: There are no quiet rooms...
1  Thank mendjanbranko