“Clean hotel” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #615 of 1,114 Hotels in Istanbul
Alexandria, Egypt
“Clean hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2012

I was on my 3rd.trip to Istanbul with my family and sister.We had 2 adjacent double rooms and a single room on another floor.The rooms were tiny but clean.the 2 double rooms had a kettle but the single room hadn't which upset my sister.We had to wait for more than 2 hours to get the foldable extra bed because they had to get it from another hotel (although we ordered the extra bed when we booked the trip also we arrived past our checking in time so the hotel had plenty of time to prepare the rooms beforehand) and it was extremely uncomfortable.The elevator was out of service once and we had to go up 8 floors after a long shopping day ,There was no WiFi in the rooms but the service was available in the lobby.Breakfast was simple and minimal . A receptionist was very rude and unhelpful and refused to help us providing 2 breakfast boxes for the ones who were going to miss breakfast because they were leaving early to Bursa,other that that we had no dealings with th receptionists.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2012

Riva is a modern hotel, with an excellent location just 3 min walking to taqsim, very easy to find it by taxi.
we has an early check-in which made us really happy after a loooong flight !
the only problem is that the walls are really thin & we could hear anything our neighbours say & the sound of elevator from outside & ...
the breakfast was good, the staff were polite & helpful.
this hotel is one of the good options for staying in Istanbul.

Room Tip: ask to have a room as far as possible from elevators to avoide the noises
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Mana_222
Kiev, Ukraine
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2012

I can not sat that I am nagging traveller but this time I was disapointed.
First receptionist whom I met was very unfrendly. Bellboys were much more helpful even with really bad English.
They claim that rooms have free WiFi. Yes, you don't have to pay because there is no WiFi in the rooms! There was WiFi in the lobby but even there not all day... Everybody had to occupie lobby and restaurant to get to Internat and it was quite crowdly.
Food is avarage as for Turkey.
Room and bed were clean, no smell.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank UmoRIST
Salmiyah, Kuwait
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2012

Its near to Taksim Square. its near to Bus station that drop you from airport.
great value of money.

Room Tip: I didnt see the swimming pool and Fitness center. but as hotel. its great hotel to stay for few days...
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled on business
New York City, New York
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 May 2012

I stayed in this hotel for two nights with my family before we moved to another hotel. The rooms smelt like smoke each evening when we returned to them, and at one point matches were left in one of them. I suspect that whoever was cleaning our room smoked while doing it. The rooms were actually pretty well decorated and clean, overall. The beds were comfortable and the hotel was quiet. The hotel itself is above a wig shop and kind of creepy. The location is decent, but there are better hotels closer to Taksim Square. The staff were very friendly, but spoke little english. Luckily, between my broken Turkish and their English, we were able to communicate. The breakfast was fantastic though.
This hotel is probably better for business travelers and not families.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Amsterdam
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 April 2012

I stayed in this hotel on my way to another city, just stopping in IST for one full day for a meeting and leaving at night. I found this hotel myself, by browing TA and then asked my office in IST to book it for me. I arrived early morning from a night flight, so my room was not ready, but it was made ready in about 30 minutes. In the mean time, I checked my email, and had a glass of water kindly brought to me by reception. They also offered me to have breakfast while I wait, but I was not hungry. The room was good, not really small as someone described it in one of the reviews, and everything was fine in the room. Of course, I was not in the hotel for most of the day, but nevertheless. I did not interact much with the reception and other staff, but from what I could judge based on my small interactions with them, they were polite and efficient.

Internet was great and worked with no problems, room was clean and the shower was good! I noticed some renovations going on there, but it did not really spoil the entrance area. As usual, the location in Taksim makes any stay great, even a very short one as mine.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank RGAAmsterdam
Cairo, Egypt
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 March 2012

Rive hotel is definitely an amazing hotel , rooms are very modern and beds are so comfortable , Rooms provided with LCD TV , window overlooking the city and can be opened partially . The restaurant was very amazing , what's better then having a breakfast in the morning overlooking the local people and the police doing there everyday activities , but the variation wasn't good , it had some basic food not so big.
staff were fantastic , though , no one talked English even the reception desk staff , but they were very kind to us , they did their best to make us happy , they always had a smile on their face , they were sitting with us sometimes and laughing with us . very friendly .

Cafe was good , perfect juices and tea and coffe.

Location could not be better , in the local area , there are tons of hotels but they're inside so they will need more effort getting to The main street then from the main street to Taksim square , but Rive was directly on the same street , though , it was not on it I mean it was little inside for more quietness . it was only 5 mints. walk to Taksim.

there were plenty of small groceries just next to the hotel and Mobile cards shop. all people were friendly .

and In and before Taksim , there are tons of restaurants including McDonald's and Pizza Hut and Burger King , also there are endless food opportunities at the Istiklal avenue just beside Taksim.

Generally , amazing 7 nights stay....

Room Tip: Ask for a higher Bosphorus view rooms
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled with family