“What an amazing city break”
Review of Hotel Peninsula

Hotel Peninsula
Ranked #239 of 1,149 Hotels in Istanbul
Wurzburg, Germany
“What an amazing city break”
Reviewed 29 May 2014

Just back from 5 nights in Istanbul and I´m still thinking about the fantastic time we´ve had. Hotel Peninsula is just the perfect place to stay while discovering this great city. The location couldn´t be better. The room was very clean and despite the central location in Sultanhamet area very quiet. The view from roof terrace is breathtaking especially at a calm cosy night and there are many restaurants and watering holes just around the corner giving the whole area an easy mediterrenean atmosphere. The staff is just grand and very helpful, especially Zeki, the manager who is always there if you need a good advice or suggestion. With his knowledge and fine sophisticated humor he´s just the positive backbone of the whole place! Highly recommended.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
  • Turkish first
Rome, Italy
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Just back from 3 nights in Istanbul and wanted to say that we found this to be a fantastic place to stay. Perfect location, very nice breakfast and the staff friendly and professional. The room was spacious and very clean. Breakfast and sunset view from the roof terrace was amazing.

Had a great time in Istanbul made all the better by the wonderful Zeki always friendly and attentive. Thank you Zeki! We didn’t want to leave!

Rome, Italy
Reviewed 27 May 2014

Cosy hotel in beautiful Sultanhamet area...super central, with most of Istanbul breath-taking sites at walking distance (5 minutes). The terrace has an amazing view, you can have the very good breakfast they serve or a drink facing the gorgeous Blue Mosque. Super hotel manager Zeki is the cherry on the cake. Kind, always available if you need suggestions or if you need to book a restaurant, hammam, a tour...and most important, he does all this with a warm smile on his face!

New York City, New York
Reviewed 27 May 2014 via mobile

Disclaimer: I didn't stay at this hotel. Why am I writing a review of it then? Because the management was so helpful! Let me explain:
I was suppose to stay at the Hotel Peninsula but didn't book fast enough. By the time I was ready to book, my room had been rented out. That should have been the end of it as it was totally my fault... However! Zeki,
The manager helped me book another hotel and a cab to pick me up from the airport anyway. He was super responsive, helpful and friendly. I asked if I could see the Terrance and a room so I could report back. Rooms and bathrooms are nicely nicely furnished and CLEAN. Terrance is lovely as is the views!

If you are the sort of traveler who just needs a comfortable, affordable place to rest your head at the end of a long day of sight seeing, this is a great hotel in a great spot with a very very helpful staff!! Highly recommended.

Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank travelchik24
Plymouth, Wisconsin
Reviewed 26 May 2014

Hotel Peninsula is within walking distance of all the major sites in Istanbul. Breakfast is served each morning on the hotel terrace, which has a lovely view of the Sea of Marmara. The buffet is prepared by Fatma, who always welcomed us with a smile and a hot cup of coffee or tea. The front desk is managed by Zeki, who could not have been more accommodating. He provided excellent advice on where to dine, where to go for a Turkish bath, and which of the numerous tour companies to use for a Bosphorus River cruise. The beds at Hotel Peninsula are quite firm, but this tends to be an issue at many hotels. The size of the room was actually bigger than what we had expected when traveling to Europe. Zeki was wonderful about arranging transportation for my friend and me to and from the airport. We chose Turkey as our destination to celebrate turning 50 this year. We could not have been happier with our experience at Hotel Peninsula!

Reviewed 26 May 2014

Small hotel in Sultanahmet, very central place in Istanbul, close to Blue Mosque, Hagia Sophia, Basilica Cistern, restaurants (Cafe Rumist is ten metres away). Our trip back from Taksim Square on a Saturday late night was a bit of an adventure, as the two main bridges were closed off and we had to find a taxi to drive us over the third (far away) bridge. Zeki was very helpful in answering all touristic questions we had, and also thre rest of the guys and the staff at the Hanedan hotel across the street (belongs to the same ower) were very hospitable. All in all a great place to stay.

1 Thank Andreas H
Philadelphia
Reviewed 25 May 2014

Hotel peninsula is in a great location in Istanbul, with a beautiful view from the breakfast terrace , very nice place very close to historical landmarks and restaurants . I absolutely loved that you were treated like an individual rather than just another customer. The prices are reasonable. Everyone was extremely nice ,polite , helpful and friendly . Staff at the hotel greeting me as I would pass them in the lobby and were always ready to answer my questions , showing me on a map how to get places , and helping to carry my luggage on arrival and departure. The room was always clean and comfy. The atmosphere of the hotel was beautiful.

Overall , I had a Fantastic experience I was very pleased with this hotel and would stay again if I returned to Istanbul !!

• Stayed April 2014
dersim, Owner at Hotel Peninsula, responded to this review, 26 May 2014
Dear Guest, Thank you for your kind review. We are very happy to hear that you liked our Hotel and Istanbul. We wish to welcome you again in our Hotel.
Best Regards