“Great value for money and cute cats”
Review of Hotel Peninsula

Hotel Peninsula
Ranked #262 of 1,159 Hotels in Istanbul
Reviewed 17 November 2009

We spent our last two nights in Istanbul at this hotel, and found it was great value for money. The breakfast on the roof-top terrace was great, and the two cute hotel cats proved very entertaining. The free internet access in reception was really useful. Highly recommended

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled as a couple
7  Thank keito80
dersim, Owner at Hotel Peninsula, responded to this reviewResponded 15 January 2010

Thank you for you appraisals about us. I would like to mention that we really enjoyed having you stay here and we are glad to hear that you enjoye your stay as well. We look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed 9 November 2009

I stayed at Hotel Peninsula for 12 nights in Oct/Nov 2009. It was terrific and I would stay there again. The staff are helpful and are a big plus for the hotel. The rooms are comfortable and cleaned daily. Room decore was average -- it's not a priority for me in budget accommodation. The shower is outstanding: plentiful hot water, strong water pressure and sensible controls. The breakfast is among the best I've experienced in European budget hotels -- the only meat was a nondescript sausage but there were cheeses (nice feta), olives, seasonal fruits & vegetables (pears and grapes some days) creamy yoghurt, hard boiled eggs, nice bread and coffe/tea/juice. It was take-what-you-like rather than a set portion.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled with friends
7  Thank neilbwh
dersim, Owner at Hotel Peninsula, responded to this reviewResponded 24 December 2009

Thank you very much for your kind review about us. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel. We hope that we would get chance to serve you our breakfast on the terrace again.

Hüseyün Gültekin

Reviewed 8 November 2009

This hotel is ideally situated a stroll away from the Blue Mosque and offers tasty breakfasts, warm and friendly service and incredible views. The room was a little basic but great value.

I would thoroughly recommend a visit to the roof terrace, not just for the views but to play with the cats who reside here too!

A welcoming and great value find.

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled as a couple
7  Thank hannypops

Thank you for your appraisal about us. We are glad to hear that you hade been satisfied with your stay at our hotel. We look forward to welcoming you here again.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 29 October 2009

I have traveled to Istanbul many times with my family and have found Peninsula to be the place we will always stay. The location is perfect and the hotel is a beautiful little gem. I especially love the rooftop, in the summer I can lay on hammocks and read with Aya Sofia and Blue Mosque in my peripheal vision. the breakfast is fantastic, with homemade yogurt and fruit preserves and real brewed coffee. On one occasion I was unable to get a family room at Peninsula for last 2 nights so they booked me at their new hotel grand peninsula which was just as superb. I especially loved the clean bedding and the pretty well decorated rooms. The manager, Huseyin, is always very helpful and accomodating to me. He always makes sure my trips to Istanbul are comfortable and safe. I have stayed at many hotels throughout the world and find Peninsula to be my favorite, in it's elegant simplicity.I passed through south of turkey to antalya and isparta for the rest of our trip.if someone interest to see a small town with lovely location,pure green lake and friendly people,they should go to Egridir which locates north of isparta. I am so looking forward to visiting Turkey again and beginning my trip with a few days Peninsula.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled with family
6  Thank mc_cornish

Thank you very much for your kind review about us. We are glad to know that you always prefer our hotel for your visit. We would like to let you know that we now serving the breakfast in our redesigned saloon..Please keep in your mind that we are always here to make your stay comfortable. We look forward to get chance to see you here at our hotel again.

Best Wishes,

Reviewed 27 October 2009

This is a basic clean hotel with a great rooftop deck view of the Blue Mosque and Aya Sofia. Major tourist attractions are withhin walking distance. Laundry available.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled with friends
1  Thank 60RETIRED
dersim, Owner at Hotel Peninsula, responded to this reviewResponded 23 December 2009

Thank you for your appraisal about us.Believe that we really enjoyed having your stay here at Hotel Peninsula. We look forward to welcoming you here again.

Nejdet Kurtaran

Reviewed 25 October 2009

Personally I would stay here for the views from the roof terrace alone - sitting with a fantastic breakfast (or watching the sun go down in the evening) with the aya sofia, the blue mosque and the water around you was spectacular. It's fantastically located for sight-seeing and the metro, and was very easy to reach from the airport on local transport. The room was clean and good sized with a very nice bathroom. My only issue would be that it was pretty loud outside (to be expected in Istanbul I guess, and probably worsened that in the basement room we were very close to ground level) and the air-con didn't work in our room as the remote was out of batteries (again, not a big issue and could have been fixed by us asking for it). Helpful staff who were happy to let you use the computer there for online check in meant we had a very good stay.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled as a couple
5  Thank jandp09

We would like to thank you for review. We are glad to hear that you had beed satisfied with your stay at Hotel Peninsula. We would like to mention that we take into consideration the whole review and let you know that we changed all the remotes or air-cond. in the rooms because of the battery issue occured on that days. We can say that you will never have this kind of even small problems if you get chance to visit turkey and stay at our hotel.

We really look forward to seeng you here again.

Take care of yourself,

Reviewed 19 October 2009

Good value, great location, fine service. When I complained about a boat trip purchased at the hotel, they immediately refunded ALL my money - even though I was willing to pay at least half the cost. I definitely recommend this hotel to everyone

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple
5  Thank NYCLoftdweller

Thank you ver much for your kind review about us. We are so appreciated to hear your positive comments and would like to mention that we look forward to welcoming you here again. We would like to state that once again as it is seen in the boat trip organization, client satisfaction always comes first than anything else.This is one of the principles of Hotel Peninsula.