Tayhan Hotel
Hotels.com
US$186
US$155
  • Restaurant
Hotel Empress Zoe(Istanbul)(Great Value!)
US$148
Trip.com
US$402
US$295
  • Breakfast included
Yasmak Sultan Hotel(Istanbul)(Great Value!)
US$414
US$177
US$241
US$228
  • Breakfast included
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 16 September 2012

Don't expect much from this hotel as rooms and facilities are basic, but then it is very cheap!
The room was adequate with air con which was very welcome with the night heat.
Bathroom was clean and simple but the supply of towels rather sporadic ( none on day 1, two on second day and only one on the third).
Breakfast was available and had a decent choice of sweet and savoury options.
The staff was all very nice and friendly -I saw some negative previous posts before going and was very pleasantly surprised, everyone was kind, friendly and helpful; however not all staff spoke English. The great plus of this hotel is its location. We walked everywhere and it allowed us to see some areas we would have otherwise missed. It does feel like you are in the 'real' Istanbul and mixing with the locals. All in all we were very happy with our stay as it provide a great base to explore Istanbul.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank SarahBubble
Reviewed 11 September 2012

I've just ended my holiday in Istanbul and spent a week at Tayhan hotel. I've chosen it because of cheap price but I think that even if a hotel is cheap it should provide clean towels: the worst surprise was to find black spots and dirty towels at our arrival..what terrible welcome!Besides breakfast wasn't good, no fresh food and no great variety of food..Nevertheless good location near tram and walking distance from Sultanhamet and the main attractions.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 August 2012

I called the hotel about the price for a couple of nights, they gave me a price. Then after a couple of nights later they charged me more than the original price. 1 Bottle of water cost me 10 Turkish Lira, the bathroom sinks were blocked and the water was not going down the drain. The Breakfast was very poor, the location was garbage, there was no main transport vehicles around the hotel. So please do not go to this hotel if you don't want to have a terrible experience.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank John M
Reviewed 13 August 2012

normally i'm not writing feedbacks, but this time i have to tell you, what happened to me: one night, water was dripping from a broken ac-machine into my luggage and some of my books were damaged. the manager did not even want to listen, the receptionist was speaking a very broken english and did not care and so i had to pay for this on my own.. very ignorant..

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Florian B
Reviewed 9 June 2012

We stayed in Tayhan for a week. The breakfast was continental with breads, fruit , eggs tea , coffee and juice. Breakfast was same everyday we only had it for 3 mornings. The staff was very helpful . The airconditioning is great which was handy as it was so hot in july . The location is excellent, we walked everywhere , there were many local cafes opened for lunch and dinner . The small restaurant next to the Tayhan hotel was very cheap with lots of choice and open till 3 at night. Istanbul was a great holiday destination and we were comfortable during our stay in Tayhan .

• Stayed: July 2011