“Unique and breath taking scene, fantastic night view”

The Marmara Pera Hotel
Ranked #152 of 1,141 Hotels in Istanbul
Istanbul, Turkey
“Unique and breath taking scene, fantastic night view”
Reviewed 26 May 2014

ISTANBUL is one of the most amazing and the fascinating cities of the world. There are very few cities that have that much peculiarities. History of 7000 years (known) ,Hundreds of different cultures, architecture, people from every race, color, culture and religion.
And if you really want to see all at a glance , go to the roof of THE MARMARA PERA 360 degrees of istanbul as if you are at a plane. Galata Tower wil salute you from your feet level. Blue mosque, Santa Sofia, Topcapi palace, Princes Islands , and the majestic BOSPORUS .
Nice bar, good service good value for money. Anyway in istanbul the quality costs money.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Goksel_Birol
Bicun S, Guest Relations Manager at The Marmara Pera Hotel, responded to this review, 5 June 2014

Thank you very much for taking the time to write down your ideas.

We're glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and particularly enjoyed our view.

Please be so kind to send me an e-mail directly on bschwindt@themarmarahotels.com before your next trip to Istanbul.

The Marmara Pera

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (195)
  • Arabic first
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
Reviewed 23 May 2014

Its was the hotel of my honeymoon :)
beautiful hotel , clean and with very beautiful view from the top ( small swimming pool ) , well situated short walk to istiklal steet in the heart of new istanbul , lot of restaurant near by this place

NB: only date of my trip was september 2011 not 2013 ( i couldnt submit my review with the proposed date in thsi page :)

Room Tip: Superior room with good view over bosfor and istanbul old city
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Bicun S, Guest Relations Manager at The Marmara Pera Hotel, responded to this review, 6 June 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for your wonderful feedback. We, especially me myself, are very pleased to hear your satisfaction with the hotel & services and bar decoration. For sure, every single word you take time and write down for us is precious yet encouraging.

The best part is welcoming you back in our property for one more The Marmara Pera lifetime experience!
Please contact me directly on bschwindt@themarmarahotels.com for your next trip to Istanbul.

Many Regards,

Reviewed 20 May 2014

My wife & I stayed for 5 nights around May Day. I do not normally write reviews about hotels I stay in but decided to make the Marmara Pera an exception. At the outset I want to thank the reception staff who were exceptional, courteous and nothing is too much trouble for them. Checking in was a dream and we were offered a drink before we were taken to our room.

There was a problem with the air conditioning which they finally sorted out after a couple of attempts. Our flight back to London was at 8.30pm and so I requested for a late check out time and unhesitantly I was told we could check out at 2pm.. This is so unlike many hotels I have stayed in over the years. I want to say a big thank you to all the reception staff and would especially like to single out Gozde and Seyhan who made our stay so pleasant.

The hotel has one of the best locations in Istanbul. Istiklal Avenue is 2 minutes away. Taxis are at the doorstep of the hotel. Seshane metro is less than 5 minutes away and so is the Tunel funicular.The hotel has 18 floors ant the view from the rooftop bar is sensational - probably one of the best in Istanbul. I would recommend a room with a sea view on a higher floor, it is well worth the extra cost. The rooms are small, a bit dated, but more than adequate. On May Day we were told to stay indoors as there was expected to be trouble. The day passed so quickly just sitting and gazing out at the beautiful view from our room overlooking the Bosporus and The Golden Horn.

Did not have breakfast in the hotel as it was optional. Did have a look at the buffet breakfast and it looked very appetising. Room service was also exceptional. Room was cleaned every day. On one occasion we were not left adequate towels and on calling reception towels were brought in 10 minutes.

I strongly recommend this hotel and if you are planning to visit Istanbul look no further & stay at the Marmara Pera.

Ardeshir Patel

Room Tip: Opt for a sea view room rather than city view. Floors 15 to 17 are Club Pera which are the better ro...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ameneh m

Thank you very much for taking the time to write down your ideas.

In The Marmara Pera, the rooms are designed to meet our guests' needs and the staff are trained to deliver an excellent service. The biggest pleasure for all of us is to hear our beloved guests' pleasant experiences. The Marmara Pera is located in wonderland from a tourist's point of view. It is in a walking distance to most of the tourist attractions and also at the heart of the sophisticated yet intellectual spot of the city.

canberra
Reviewed 17 May 2014

With one exception the staff have a very disinterested attitude. With a large business group checking in - we spent a lot of money there that week! - that initially had one staff member checking in. When two more eventually appeared it was as though we were a great inconvenience.

The non-smoking room was as bad as it could be and I needed to have the windows permanently open to get rid of the acid smoking smell. It stayed in my clothes and bags for days.

There are a lot of good hotels in Istanbul but this isn't one of them.

1 Thank DandCCanberra
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for your sharing your ideas with us.
Your feedbacks matter to us and please be kindly informed that your comment is shared with all departments.

Friendliness is one of our must-haves as The Marmara Pera staff. I would like to apologize on behalf of my colleagues if you have such an unpleasant experience with our team.

Please do not hesitate to contact me on bschwindt@themarmarahotels.com for your upcoming stays so that I can arrange a quiet room for you and welcome you, myself.

Yours sincerely,

The Netherlands
Reviewed 15 May 2014

First the cons, breakfast was a very big disappointment.Bakery products was not fresh, same applies for their yogurt, so all in all breakfast was a total disappointment. Take my advice and don't go for breakfast.

Apart from that, the service was excellent, everybody was very helpful. I had a sea view room and it was cleaned everyday. Location is also perfect by all meanings.

Conclusion; I wouldn't stay in this hotel if it was not company paid as there are better options.

Review collected in partnership with theMarmaraHotels.com

Bicun S, Guest Relations Manager at The Marmara Pera Hotel, responded to this review, 19 June 2014

Thank you very much for taking the time to write down your ideas.

I would like to apologize about our bakery products but all those products are made on a daily. Thank you for your feedback, we will make the necessary checks if there's something wrong.

We are looking forward to seeing you in Istanbul, once again.

Please be so kind to send me an e-mail directly on bschwindt@themarmarahotels.com before your next trip.

Bogota, Colombia
Reviewed 15 May 2014

On the upside: spectacular view from the rooftop bar. Location is very good in such a large city, in a lively area. Staff are friendly and helpful.

On the downside: rooms are small and depending on which floor you are on, you had better close the curtains when you step out the shower unless you want to show a surprise. Reception desk often under staffed so I often waited a while. My room's aircon was patchy and wifi was sometimes a problem. Breakfast was good but crowded.

1 Thank Oleebg
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for your sharing your ideas with us.

Our reception desk, room service and also a Duty Manager is at your service for 24 hours.
Friendliness is one of our must-haves as The Marmara Pera staff.

It will be a pleasure for us to host you in our property for a better The Marmara Pera experience. Please do not hesitate to contact me on bschwindt@themarmarahotels.com for your upcoming stays.

Yours sincerely,

Madrid, Spain
Reviewed 12 May 2014

we stayed the easter weekend at The Marmara Pera hotel whom has THE best view of Istanbul with a wonderful team of staff who goes beyond to serve you and make your stay unforgetable. Best rooftop bar!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends