Whenever I go in Istanbul I look for this fine hotel and if not available I'm a bit disappointed. This is just to give you the idea on how much I like this hotel. Big pluses of this hotel are:
- perfectly located in Pera/Taksim area (full of nice and typical restaurant, very nice shops, probably the more lively area in Istanbul while not being too much touristic) and just a short taxi ride to the old town
- room are big enough for European standards, most have a pretty decent view, well furnished with all feature you may need (free wifi, flat screen with sat, nice working desk) and nice bathroom with proper 4* amenities
- breakfast, very good, with good selection of cold and hot food. i also like the breakfast room, it's by the reception, so at ground level, but i like that there's a lot of light.
- last but not least, and probably the best feature of the hotel, the terrace with the bar on top of the building with an astonishing view of Istanbul. this only makes the price of the hotel! sipping a single malt in a mild spring evening with a cuban sigar looking at the magnificent old Istanbul is quite of an experience!
- staff, professional and very polite.
All and all, very good hotel for business but also for leisure and an excellent value for money.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Cancelon, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your The Marmara Pera Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marmara Pera Istanbul