“Perfect Location”

The Marmara Pera Hotel
Ranked #176 of 1,163 Hotels in Istanbul
Reviewed 2 June 2014

I have enjoyed staying in Marmara Pera for my last two Istanbul vacations. When traveling such a distance, it is important for me to have an attentive and patient staff; Marmara offers that. I have stayed there twice with friends and we have felt very comfortable and safe in this hotel. The staff is personable and easy to talk to. Marmara Pera is in a great location to the subway, tram, and in walking distance to almost everything. It is difficult to get lost, as the hotel is in proximity to historical locations,the museum, dining, shopping, etc. I have stayed in the single city view room but, this last stay I asked to see the other accommodations. Marmara Pera has really good options that I may switch to for my next visit. I believe this is a great place to stay for whatever trip status: business, family, friends, solo, etc. The rooms are comfortable to stay in and so are the beds. There is enough space to put away your luggage which is important.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank TraceDB
Bicun S, Guest Relations Manager at The Marmara Pera Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2014

Thank you very much for taking the time to write down your ideas.

We're glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and particularly enjoyed our view.

Please be so kind to send me an e-mail directly on bschwindt@themarmarahotels.com before your next trip.

The Marmara Pera

Write a ReviewReviews (1,206)

Reviewed 31 May 2014 via mobile

The downstairs restaurant at the Marmara Pera, Cafe Marmara, doesn't seem to have a Trip advisor page so we are leaving our review here. This was by far our worst dining experience during 2 weeks in Turkey. We ended up here for reasons beyond our control but had open minds. We asked for a table but were told that only the bar was available. After 1.5 hours, the previously empty tables remained so throughout the entire time. Our appetizers consisted of lentil soup that was as thin as water and a salad that was missing it's key ingredients. The veal filet was tough and way overcooked. The burger was fine, nothing terrible and nothing good. The fries though were bland and soggy. We were never brought salt and pepper and the bartender was inattentive, though the bar was only half full. We knew it would be overpriced but at least thought it would be tasty and we'd receive good service. Not so much. Steer clear.

Stayed: May 2014
Bicun S, Guest Relations Manager at The Marmara Pera Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for your sharing your ideas with us.
Your feedbacks matter to us and please be kindly informed that your comment is shared with all departments.

Our reception desk, room service and also a Duty Manager is at your service for 24 hours.
Friendliness is one of our must-haves as The Marmara Pera staff.
I would like to apologize on behalf of my colleagues if you have such an unpleasant experience with our team.

It will be a pleasure for us to host you in our property for a better The Marmara Pera experience. Please do not hesitate to contact me on bschwindt@themarmarahotels.com for your upcoming stays.

Yours sincerely,

Reviewed 29 May 2014 via mobile

This is my second time staying at Marmara Pera and I was even more pleased the second time around. The receptionist remembered us from the previous trip and made our stay very memorable. The rooms are clean and comfortable with lots of light from the large window facing the streets.

The staff is always very helpful and ready to answer any questions.

My only negative comment is in regard to the restaurant. With so many nice restaurants in the area, the hotel does not really inform guests that their restaurant is open for lunch and dinner. I realized five days into the vacation that they served food.

Otherwise a great hotel if you want to be in the near the action of Taksim but also have a neighborhood feel.

Breakfast is decent but can get a bit boring.

• Stayed: May 2014
Bicun S, Guest Relations Manager at The Marmara Pera Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your ideas with us.

The Marmara Pera is a 4-star hotel that aims to deliver 5-star service and meet each and every need of the guests as long as possible.

By being the tallest building in the area, the higher floors you get, the larger the angle gets; thus, the so-called better views (we love it all) appear in front of you.

Please be so kind to send me an e-mail directly on bschwindt@themarmarahotels.com before your next trip so that I will be able to organize the room and special treatment in advance.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 27 May 2014

Whenever I go in Istanbul I look for this fine hotel and if not available I'm a bit disappointed. This is just to give you the idea on how much I like this hotel. Big pluses of this hotel are:
- perfectly located in Pera/Taksim area (full of nice and typical restaurant, very nice shops, probably the more lively area in Istanbul while not being too much touristic) and just a short taxi ride to the old town
- room are big enough for European standards, most have a pretty decent view, well furnished with all feature you may need (free wifi, flat screen with sat, nice working desk) and nice bathroom with proper 4* amenities
- breakfast, very good, with good selection of cold and hot food. i also like the breakfast room, it's by the reception, so at ground level, but i like that there's a lot of light.
- last but not least, and probably the best feature of the hotel, the terrace with the bar on top of the building with an astonishing view of Istanbul. this only makes the price of the hotel! sipping a single malt in a mild spring evening with a cuban sigar looking at the magnificent old Istanbul is quite of an experience!
- staff, professional and very polite.

All and all, very good hotel for business but also for leisure and an excellent value for money.
Highly recommended.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank ZeddicusRome

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for your wonderful and detailed review.

Our ultimate aim is to obtain our guests a comfy clean room and an excellent service combined with a warm, friendly smile, whatever the time and the conditions are.

You should see our swimming pool which is open throughout the year now and we would love to welcome you in our property for much better The Marmara experience!

Reviewed 26 May 2014

ISTANBUL is one of the most amazing and the fascinating cities of the world. There are very few cities that have that much peculiarities. History of 7000 years (known) ,Hundreds of different cultures, architecture, people from every race, color, culture and religion.
And if you really want to see all at a glance , go to the roof of THE MARMARA PERA 360 degrees of istanbul as if you are at a plane. Galata Tower wil salute you from your feet level. Blue mosque, Santa Sofia, Topcapi palace, Princes Islands , and the majestic BOSPORUS .
Nice bar, good service good value for money. Anyway in istanbul the quality costs money.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Goksel_Birol

Thank you very much for taking the time to write down your ideas.

Please be so kind to send me an e-mail directly on bschwindt@themarmarahotels.com before your next trip to Istanbul.

Reviewed 23 May 2014

Its was the hotel of my honeymoon :)
beautiful hotel , clean and with very beautiful view from the top ( small swimming pool ) , well situated short walk to istiklal steet in the heart of new istanbul , lot of restaurant near by this place

NB: only date of my trip was september 2011 not 2013 ( i couldnt submit my review with the proposed date in thsi page :)

Room Tip: Superior room with good view over bosfor and istanbul old city
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for your wonderful feedback. We, especially me myself, are very pleased to hear your satisfaction with the hotel & services and bar decoration. For sure, every single word you take time and write down for us is precious yet encouraging.

The best part is welcoming you back in our property for one more The Marmara Pera lifetime experience!
Please contact me directly on bschwindt@themarmarahotels.com for your next trip to Istanbul.

Many Regards,

Reviewed 20 May 2014

My wife & I stayed for 5 nights around May Day. I do not normally write reviews about hotels I stay in but decided to make the Marmara Pera an exception. At the outset I want to thank the reception staff who were exceptional, courteous and nothing is too much trouble for them. Checking in was a dream and we were offered a drink before we were taken to our room.

There was a problem with the air conditioning which they finally sorted out after a couple of attempts. Our flight back to London was at 8.30pm and so I requested for a late check out time and unhesitantly I was told we could check out at 2pm.. This is so unlike many hotels I have stayed in over the years. I want to say a big thank you to all the reception staff and would especially like to single out Gozde and Seyhan who made our stay so pleasant.

The hotel has one of the best locations in Istanbul. Istiklal Avenue is 2 minutes away. Taxis are at the doorstep of the hotel. Seshane metro is less than 5 minutes away and so is the Tunel funicular.The hotel has 18 floors ant the view from the rooftop bar is sensational - probably one of the best in Istanbul. I would recommend a room with a sea view on a higher floor, it is well worth the extra cost. The rooms are small, a bit dated, but more than adequate. On May Day we were told to stay indoors as there was expected to be trouble. The day passed so quickly just sitting and gazing out at the beautiful view from our room overlooking the Bosporus and The Golden Horn.

Did not have breakfast in the hotel as it was optional. Did have a look at the buffet breakfast and it looked very appetising. Room service was also exceptional. Room was cleaned every day. On one occasion we were not left adequate towels and on calling reception towels were brought in 10 minutes.

I strongly recommend this hotel and if you are planning to visit Istanbul look no further & stay at the Marmara Pera.

Ardeshir Patel

Room Tip: Opt for a sea view room rather than city view. Floors 15 to 17 are Club Pera which are the better ro...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ameneh m

Thank you very much for taking the time to write down your ideas.

In The Marmara Pera, the rooms are designed to meet our guests' needs and the staff are trained to deliver an excellent service. The biggest pleasure for all of us is to hear our beloved guests' pleasant experiences. The Marmara Pera is located in wonderland from a tourist's point of view. It is in a walking distance to most of the tourist attractions and also at the heart of the sophisticated yet intellectual spot of the city.