“There is a reason it has the highest rating...”
Review of Bahaus Guesthouse

Bahaus Guesthouse
Ranked #28 of 1,259 Speciality Lodging in Istanbul
Reviewed 15 April 2012

I have been to Bahaus Istanbul several times in the past 5 years. Neco and his staff go out of their way to make sure you have the best stay possible. If you are not too fond of hostels or dont have much experience staying in them...Bahaus Istanbul might be a little much for you at first. However, just like any hostel you stay at...it is what you make it. Bahaus is a very socially interactive kinda of place. It's amazing how many people you meet and friends you make. Also, the place has been newly renovated from what I have heard; so Bahaus is that much more awesome! It is located right in the heart of Sultanahmet and you could throw a rock and hit the Blue Mosque. Istanbul is a big place so if you plan on seeing as much as you can, you're going to have to do some walking but all the main sites that you've heard about are pretty much in Bahaus' backyard. It is a 6 min and 44 second walk (ive timed it) to the tram that will take you all throughout the city. If you know the difference between apples and oranges then getting around on the tram should be simple enough to master
If you're having reservations about whether or not to stay at Bahaus Istanbul due to what you may have read on the more bad reviews, let me go ahead and say that some people just cant be pleased. It's a hostel...not a hotel. I have rested my head at Bahaus Istanbul many times...in nearly every bed of every room and even the roof top! Bahaus is a place that I can call my second home.

Room Tip: You get what you pay for as far as the rooms go....and make sure you ask for the red chilli flakes o...
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank Wesley B

Reviewed 14 April 2012

I have no idea how this hostel has got the high rating that it has because I thought it was pretty poor. Over the last few years I have stayed in the good the bad and the ugly and to be honest I would say that this is the second worst place I have ever stayed! The only good point is the location which is fantastic for sightseeing however there are loads of other places on the same street that you can book-so I would suggest you do that. After travelling for more than 24 hours we arrived knackered and wet through to be told we could not check in..(yes we were early but I am sure in the situation they could have tried a little harder to help us) We were told to drop our bags in the locker room which was literally a cupboard that would fit maybe 1 bag in! So we had to leave our bags on the floor in the tiny little reception area. I had over $3000 worth of camera equipment on me which I couldnt leave anywhere as all the lockers were either taken or bust. The showers were useless, basically a cold dribble of water and were really dirty and the staff were so sleezy it was cringeworthy. I am no snob...believe me I have stayed in some bad places before but I could not wait to get out of this place. I booked my cab to the airport in the early hours of the morning leaving some other poor person the chance to take my bed. AWFUL!!!!!!!

Room Tip: stay somewhere else and you might get a chance to sleep!
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends
3  Thank stephanie101photo
Reviewed 10 April 2012

Situated in the best place in Istanbul - close to transport and big ticket highlights. Staff very helpful. Met the owner who talked us into going to Dalyan to stay at another of his guesthouses and wasn't disappointed. Will definitely go back when in Turkey

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 March 2012

Bahaus was a great hostel to stay in, l originally booked for 3 night but ended up staying for 11!!
The guys that work there are really helpful and they have things on every night at the hostel.
The rooms are also very clean and the beds have curtains for some extra privacy :)
I will deffinetly be staying here again when l come back to Istanbul

• Stayed: March 2012
Reviewed 14 March 2012

If you want to stay at a place were the staff are trying to scam and hustle you then you´ve found the right place. Guys tried to rip us off as well as the entire hostel. Sleezy guys trying to make a dollar and harrass the females staying there.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else!
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank Roy V
Reviewed 9 March 2012

The hostel is one of the best I stayed in. Very clean e very well located in Sultahnamet (one of the most important sightseeings region). The guests are something to mention isolated. They are very friendly and open-minded, making you feel at home and relaxed, they are like an old friends. Very good place. I recomend. Wagner Sardinha

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 9 January 2012

we stayed here a few years ago, but i thought it warranted a review as we had a really good time there. the manager was heaps of fun. we spent many an afternoon relaxing on the rooftop drinking raki and efes on the bean bags and eating their BBQ lunch. we got a double room, which was average but clean. not too fussed as we didn't spend too much time in the room anyway. met heaps of friendly people and made our stay in istanbul a great one!

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple