As mentioned here before: Duo Galata has a really unprofessional way of handling their business when it comes to money.
There were two instances that left us with a very negative impression.
1. The shuttle service: There were four of us. My girlfriend, her parents and me. We were picked up from the airport as planned and when my girlfriend's parents left a day earlier, they payed for everything (our room as well as the shuttle service fee). When me and my girlfriend wanted to check out a day later, the person at the reception wanted us to pay the 30 € for the transfer. We were fairly sure that my girlfriend's mom had already paid it, but the receptionist denied this. As we had to catch our flight, we just paid it. Upon arrival it came out that the fee had indeed been already paid. Afterwards we wrote several mails to Duo Galata and they even admitted to their mistake and announced to give us back our money. As of now nothing has happened and they have stopped answering to our mails.
2. Breakfast: The first three days me and my girlfriend got orange juice for breakfast (because we don't drink black tea or coffee). On the fourth day there was a new person behind the counter at the breakfast and we ordered our orange juice as usual. When we wanted to leave the dining room, he stopped us and usked us to pay for the orange juice. We told him that we didn't have to pay the days before, but he insisted.
These two event just ruined our whole stay at the hotel. We just had the feeling that we weren't being taken seriously as customers and Duo Galata was just interested in ripping us off. Even though the hotel is quite alright, I'd recommend you to stay at another hotel, because the staff is just really unprofessional. Unfortunately it is also really hard to talk to them, as their English is insufficient to say the least.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located at the heart of Beyoglu District, Duo Galata Hotel is only 100 metres from the iconic Galata Tower. It offers stylish accommodation with modern amenities and a terrace with city views. Free Wi-Fi is available in all areas and guests can benefit from the concierge desk on site.Decorated with graffiti art pieces and designer furnitures, the units at Hotel Duo Galata feature air conditioning, a flat-screen TV with satellite channels, a minibar and a safety deposit box. Some rooms come with views of Galata Tower. The en suite bathroom includes a shower, hairdryer, slippers and free toiletries.This chic hotel is just a 15-minute walk from Taksim Square and less than 5 minutes’ walk away from Istiklal Street’s shops, cafés and restaurants.Lutfi Kirdar Convetion Centre is 3 km away. Sishane Metro Station and tram stop are within walking distance offering easy access to Taksim Square and the historic Sultanahmet area, 2.6 km away.Duo Galata Hotel offers airport shuttle services to Ataturk Airport, 21 km away, and Sabiha Gokcen, 45 km away, at a surcharge.Hotel Rooms: 24 ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Travel Republic (UK), Agoda and Odigeo so you can book your Duo Galata Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.