“Average at best.”

Divan City Istanbul
Ranked #399 of 1,159 Hotels in Istanbul
Reviewed 16 June 2013

Stayed w/c 10 June. Rooms very poor on the 1st - 6th floors, very dated, all of it stuck in 1970's terrible orange and brown furniture and fittings all along way past their best. Rooms in urgent need of updating. Rooms on 7th - 9th floor have been modernised and upgraded, these are very nicely finished. My tip would be to avoid the lower floors and get a room facing the rear of the hotel as road noise at the front is non-stop and unbearable at night. Also, wireless Internet is available if you pay for it 20 euros for 7 days!
Food is ok and fairly cheep and of a good standard.

Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Beckit39

Reviewed 25 May 2013

I recently spent four nights at Divan Istanbul City. After having read Tripadvisor reviews I was not very keen on staying there, but when I got there it turned out to be even worse than I expected. This is a mediocre mid-level hotel in an extremely unfortunate location. There is extremely busy main road running past the hotel, so if your room faces it you end up counting cars passing by instead of sleeping at night. Even though the highway is right under your nose it takes ages to get anywhere both by public transport and by taxi. Both room and bathroom are unimpressive and the maids are obviously not very thorough.
The breakfast buffet is very limited and service at Divan Pub far from satisfactory. The first night I had a dinner there and asked waiter for a water refill three times. Every time I asked the answer was "of course" but my glass remained empty.
To make matters worse the price for the wi-fi is honestly outrageous.
I cannot imagine why would anyone sane stay in this hotel having over 800 other hotels in Istanbul to choose from.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the backyard are quieter
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Justyna_12
Reviewed 16 May 2013

Not far from the metro this Divan hotel is not the most famous (taxis have problems finding it) but it's super clean, with friendly staff. The rooms aren't huge but they are functional and what you expect from a business oriented hotel.

• Stayed: May 2013
Reviewed 18 April 2013

I stayed here for 6 nights while attending a training. The rooms are small and crampy. The beds are ridiculous, of dormitory size and 'comfort'. The bathroom is basic and unimpressive. The breakfast buffet at resturant is very limited. Food service is terrible. A colleague was served visibly rotten chicken. The location next to a major road and bridge makes it noisy especially if your room faces the road. The other view isn' t much better, it faces the backyard which perfectly illuminates the wear and tear of the hotel. The training room was adequate though the snacks served left a lot to be desired. If you have a choice, please choose another hotel.

Room Tip: Choose another hotel
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Joy2DWorld
Reviewed 13 April 2013

For those who wrongly think Istanbul is Taksim and surroundings, perhaps the location may not look ideal. However I find the area well and efficiently connected with the rest of the town and with all main points of interest in Istanbul.
Modern design, everything bears the touch of Divan brand which is giving a pleasant feeling I must admit. Rooms are not big, and maybe you won't have a very nice view from windows, but I would like to praise interior designers/architects who worked on the hotel, the entire space is used so efficiently that despite physical limits it feels very comfortable and real sizes of rooms are not even noticeable. A separate compliment to professionalism and friendliness of the front desk staff and management. I had an early morning flight and decided to try my luck and email the hotel before my arrival explaining the situation and asking if an earlier check-in would be possible. To my surprise I got an instant reply stating that my request was taken into account and the allocated room will be ready and waiting for me from early morning on the day of my arrival! That is what I call an excellent service! Thank you!

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 15 March 2013

I stayed at the Divan during a business trip to Istanbul. It was definitely one of the better hotels I have stayed in, next step down from Hilton etc.
Nice modern decor, fairly big rooms, nice bed (slept really well all 4 nights I was there), very nice bathroom and fantastic breakfast buffet.
The location was very good, only 10 mins drive from the Blue Mosque and near main roads. Only downside was the busy main road running right past the hotel and causing quite a lot of noise in the rooms. I personally slept really well, but I would recommend bringing earplugs.
I would definitely stay here again - very good value for money!

Room Tip: Ask for a room on one of the top floors and preferably away from the main road (and also away from t...
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank vitting
Reviewed 22 November 2012 via mobile

I stayed at divan city for a night. At the reception they welcomed me and made me feel ok. As soon as i went to the room i was suprised because we were couple but they gave me 2separete bed bedroom. I went back to reception the answer was reservation was like that but i was expect from them to realize and ask to me for the type of bed before checked me in.
The receptionist were standing and looking at the monitors and their standing type is not good for their health, also as a guest you would like to have an eye contact. Even i pointed that we are at divan for our anniversary he did not take care of anything.
Room which i have stayed was a bit old, i stayed at divan harbiye as well but its look like there are many differents between them.
Staff were polite and helpfull.
Servers are at the breakfasts were very good especially Ms Arzu made us fell very comfortable with her pleasant latte service.

• Stayed: November 2012
1  Thank hilfanton
Divantalya, General Manager at Divan City Istanbul, responded to this reviewResponded 10 January 2013

Dear Hilfanton,
Thank you for sparing a time to review our hotel.
We sincerely appreciate that you shared your experiences from your stay at Divan Istanbul City. We will be glad to improve our Staff Meetings about Front Office Staff and room types that you pointed out.

Thank you again for staying with us and we are looking forward to welcome you again.

Best Regards,