“This is a great hotel”

Ranked #388 of 1,129 Hotels in Istanbul
Washington DC
“This is a great hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2009

The staff is wonderful. They could not do enough for us. Orhan, Ahmet,Hulya,Ortan,Mehmet and Paris deserve the highest praise for customer service. Our room was spacious, always clean. The hotel is small and cozy and everyone made us feel like family. We had a problem with a car and although it was early Mehmet made sure that we got a taxi and got to our destiation on time can't say enough about the staff or the comfortable room.

• Stayed May 2009, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
  • Turkish first
Ribeirao Preto, SP
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2009

Stayed there for 2 days last April. The size of the room was amazing, great decoration, nice amenities, and a good location for the Istiklal Caddesi area. Staff very polite.
I just didn't like the breakfast (few choices and very, very simple). Also, the breakfast area is the lobby of the hotel (kind of weird...)
Overall, highly recommended if you want to stay in the Beyoglu district.

• Stayed April 2009, travelled solo
1 Thank BrazilBackpack
Marathon, Greece
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 April 2009

A great place to stay in Istanbul, away from the impersonal hotel boxes. The staff are hospitable and helpful. The rooms are like studios. I stayed in the penthouse and it was really great. The whole place is spotless. Its location is ideal, as you can wonder around in Pera and then use the public transportation system or a taxi to go where you want. The building is in the historic area of Pera (Beyoglou) with beautiful architecture all over. Although there are a lot of tourists around, this is an area inhabited by the people leaving in Istanbul. It is safe, clean, and very nice if you like city space.

• Stayed March 2009, travelled solo
1 Thank Panathinaeos
Bois Colombes, France
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 February 2009

The location is GREAT, it is easy to find good restaurants and shops arround.

The room was very dark, it needs more light. The kitchen equipment cannot be used... That is a shame because what is the point to have a kitchen in the room so?

Otherwise, the staff is kind.

Breakfast is a bit poor.

Nevertheless it is a good hotel as the rooms are spacious (with sofa, desk, tables) and very clean.

We recommend it.

• Stayed February 2009, travelled as a couple
Ankara
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 February 2009

I have booked Ansen Suites, İstanbul for a business trip. Standart hotel rooms and restaurant food bore me so I was very pleased when I found this hotel's advirtesement:The rooms were spacious with fully equipped kitchen.

However on my arrival the hotel staff informed me that the electrical cookers were cancelled due to a former fire in the building. No cooker, no kitchen equipment. What is the reason for keeping the misleading adds in the web sites then?

The compensation for the absent cooker is a kettle and a few tea bags. No bags for coffee and the bag of the tea brand you prefer is not replaced. This is a very cheap for a five star suite hotel.

Other wise, as the previous reviewers have stated the hotel is very central but still in a quiet street of Beyoglu. All the major attractions are within easy distance. Taxis are always inexpensive in Istanbul but public transport is nearby as well. The room was indeed very spacious with a nice decoration. The wireless internet connection was fast and without any charge. However the room 'superior suit' was very dark. Not only there was not much of a natural light but the walls and the ceiling were painted in dark colours and the lighting in the room was very poor as well. Ideal for a romantic get away but not for a business trip.

• Liked — The location
  • Disliked — The hotel's add do not match up with the services they provide
  • Stayed February 2009, travelled on business
5 Thank Golldcrest
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 November 2008

I stayed at the Ansen 130 for 3 nights in mid-October. I had contacted the hotel previously to book my room plus arrange for airport pick up and inquiry about a Sema ceremony. I communicated with Hülya, the Sales and Marketing Manager, for my pre-trip planning, and she was helpful and thorough in explaining everything to me.

It was my first time traveling to Istanbul/Turkey, and I arrived, unfortunately, sick from some my exhausting travel in India. The hotel staff was very sweet and offered me various cold remedies to help me feel better. I was always greeted with a smile and an offer of tea/coffee/water as soon as I walked through the door. They were also great at calling taxis for me whenever I needed to venture out.

The rooms themselves were excellent. Large, suite-like (although more like a studio instead of a separate area for the living/desk part). But very large, modernly-decorated (I believe all the suites are themed). The bathroom was perfect size, great water pressure/hot water, all the amenities you would need during a hotel stay. A small-ish kitchen (which I didn't use), and free wireless throughout the hotel.

All in all a great place and definitely highly recommended. I stayed at the Four Seasons in the Old City for the latter part of my stay (after returning from Cappadocia), and I honestly think I would have preferred to return back to Ansen 130. For the price, the warm hospitality, location, and overall service/aesthetic, I think Ansen 130 wins hands down.

• Liked — Great service, huge, clean, modern rooms, location
  • Disliked — Nothing!
  • Stayed October 2008, travelled solo
1 Thank relucanttraveler
California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2008

My husband and I stayed here for 4 days last month. We've found so much helpful information on this site before we went that we want to pay back by posting our experience.

LOCATION: Great. It is within walking distance to Istiklal Caddesi and many busy restaurants.

STAFF: Very friendly. They always try hard to get what you need. However, they do not speak any English. I communicated by writing the words down on paper, and they looked them up on the online dictionary.

ROOM: Sleek decor but a bit clostrophobic. We stayed in the Executive Suite on the top floor. The fixtures throughout are very modern and of high quality in general. The room has 3 small round windows and 2 skylights. The square footage is great, but we felt there was not light and air coming in. When we notified the staff that one of the skylights' blind could not be open and the light bulb in the kitchenette went out, they could not get anyone to fix them. The elevator is very tight as well.

RESTAURANT: Fresh ingredients and tasty. Breakfast is complementary. We really liked the foods. We wish we could have had more than 1 dinner there. Of note, we tried the Thai restaurant next door (because we had had Turkish foods x 10 days before that). We were the only 2 customers for the entire night. The meal cost $90 USD without alcohol. You can get the same food in California for $20. We would not recommend them.

TAXI: Easy to get. The staff can call the taxi center which is 2 minutes away, across from the Petra hotel, and a taxi will show up in front of the hotel within 5 minutes. If possible, get a taxi that works at a hotel. They use the meter and state the hotel name on their business cards. It seems that there is a process they must pass before they can work in front of the hotel. If you take a taxi at one of the touristy sites such as Grand Bazaar or Blue Mosque, expect they jack up the price or not use the meter.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Staff doesn't speak English. The space feels very small.
  • Stayed June 2008