“Outstanding service”

Istanbul Marriott Hotel Sisli
Ranked #76 of 1,159 Hotels in Istanbul
Reviewed 3 May 2014

Stayed at the Marriott for 1 week (May 2014) whilst running a course for oil company. Service from start to finish was exceptional, in 20 years I have never had better. From arriving at reception (and before that, being met at airport by car) to restaurant, to the very able staff looking after the meeting rooms, it was great. Very friendly, always willing to help, and more importantly, able to help, very competent, well trained and approachable. No problem that can't be solved (although there were very few problems). I found Istanbul in general a great place to visit.

Hotel is new, rooms very well equipped and comfortable, common areas spacious and clean. Spa and swimming pool outstanding.

It is still in early stages, so wasn't full yet, but with this level of service it will be soon. Location is in suburb of Sisli, which is some way from centre, but close to nice restaurants and bars. Metro not too far away. Travel by taxi is difficult at peak times as during the day the traffic is very bad. Left for flight at 5.30am and at that time is a breeze. Overall would highly recommend this hotel and commend the excellent staff.

Room Tip: Rooms were good
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank ProfRManchester

Reviewed 29 April 2014

I stayed in Marriott for four days. The staff was very friendly, always smiling and welcoming. I recommend it. It has a great sea view and a great professional meeting room. we really enjoyed our stay in it.

Room Tip: the room should face the sea NOT THE CEMETERY!
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
4  Thank Mohammad A
Reviewed 27 April 2014

We stayed here for three nights and I must say the service here was excellent. Everyone from the guy who checked us in to the maître de at the restaurant went out of their way to ensure that our stay was excellent. The view from our room was just beautiful and you could see the ships in the Bosphorus. The gravity line pool and spa on the bottom floor was perfect. We had dinner in the Dish Room and the food was quite tasty and reasonably priced for a hotel dining room. Although the hotel is quite a distance from the old city it was quite easy to get down there by the Metro which was a 5 minute walk away. We had a great stay.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank CindyMeadowVista
Istanbul Marrio... H, Konuk İlişkileri Müdürü at Istanbul Marriott Hotel Sisli, responded to this reviewResponded 30 April 2014

Dear Mr/s. CindyMeadowVista,

My name is Dilara Norouzi. I am the Guest Relations Manager of the Istanbul Marriott Hotel Sisli.
I and the entire team in the hotel are very happy to read your review. We can not thank you enough. We are very lucky to count you as our guest.

If I may ever be of any assistance to you within Marriott or Istanbul, please let me know. My direct email address is dilara.norouzi@marriott.com.

Yours cordially,

Reviewed 25 April 2014

Ok, so this is a brand new category 6 Marriott, in Sisli, stayed here 4 nights, just leaving. Very positive, reasonably priced 5 star hotel. Staff are super friendly and helpful. Rooms are modern and very comfortable. Sisli is located a fair distance from many of the "must see" places in Istanbul. A one hour walk, or a subway. We took the subway a lot.
Overall it worked out well, glad we stayed here.

Room Tip: All rooms are excellent
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Michael R
Reviewed 23 April 2014

Travelled from South Africa for Easter holidays. We wanted our trip to be special.

Spent 3 days in Istanbul and stayed two nights at Marriott Sisli. It's a brand new hotel which opened last month (March). It's already operating perfectly. Didn't see any snags.

The hotel pick up service (in a BMW 5 series) from the airport was great, luxurious and comfortable.

We were greeted with a smile from Burak at the door when we got to the hotel. He handled our luggage and all the way to the room.

The lobby is huge and spacious. The attention to detail is extra-ordinary. The furnishing has warm and earthy colours. Check in was quick and they identified me by my name.

We booked an executive level room. Wi-fi is included in the rate. We got a room on the 32nd floor with a brilliant view and is on the same level with the Executive Lounge. There was only one floor above us - the Presidential Suite.

The room was great, light and spacious with a lovely view of the city and the sea. The bathroom is big and elegant. All the taps are easy to operate and the water pressure and temperature was perfect. Pillows and linen was comfortable. You have the option of opening one of the windows if you need natural air. The air conditioner is very quiet.

One thing I liked was that there so many places to connect your chargers - iPad, camera, iPhone, etc etc and they are two pin points - no need for an international adapter. Iron and ironing board come standard.

The executive lounge is spacious and has brilliant views and the service was great.

Concierge service from Meltem was so good. She helped us with booking for a traditional Turkish spa/massage, rooftop dinner with views of the Blue Mosque and re-arranging our flights with Turkish Airlines (Turkish Airlines call centre is not easy to work with and they put you on hold forever).

Breakfast at both the executive lounge and on ground floor was good. The ground floor one has better variety though.

The hotel location is good. Lots of shops and boutique ones within a walking distance. The hotel is a 5 min walk to Cevahir Mall with so many shops. The area is not touristy though. Budget about 30 minutes by taxi to get to the Bosphorus or Blue Mosque. The metro station is around the corner. I knew this and didn't mind it at all given that we had a tour operator picking us up and taking us to various places including Prince's Island.

Unfortunately, it's difficult to remember all the names but everyone who served us was brilliant. The only reason why I am giving this hotel 5 stars is because I can't give it 6.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank kkn889
Reviewed 21 April 2014

I stayed at the Marriott Sisli for 5 days.hotel is newly opened however the entire staff makes you feel like they have been working in the property for years with a years of experience. I was amazed by the excellent guest Engagement skills of the each area in the hotel. smile is what you get starting from the main entrance until you reach to your room .well groomed
Employees. special thanks to Front office team, Our check in was done by begum she is such a great example of true hotelier with a beautiful smile. Bell team burak and murat was always helpful,very professional and efficient. Cagdas did our check out thanks to him for fond farewell .As a 15 years hotelier Housekeeping was the best I have ever experienced. I am grateful to employee who took care of our room throughout the stay.i highly recommend Marriott Sisli where you will feel
Very special.

• Stayed: April 2014
Istanbul Marrio... H, Guest Relations Manager at Istanbul Marriott Hotel Sisli, responded to this reviewResponded 23 April 2014

Dear Mr./s Cosozlem,

I have shared your review with my front office and housekeeping team. You have been very
kind to us and I really, on behalf of each and every host of the hotel, thank you for it.

If I may ever be of any assistance, please let me know. My direct email address is dilara.norouzi@marriott.com.

Yours Cordially,

Reviewed 20 April 2014

I feel home
Freindly staff
Good brakfast
Average in room dining
Good location
Cevahir mall behide the hotel, around 3 min walking, metro station front of the mall.
New hotel walking distance from sisli comercial street

Room Tip: select room facing the sea
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family

Dear Mr./s Aemaz_2000,

I am so happy to read your review. I can not thank you enough. You have taken the time to say nice things about us and I appreciate it so much. I will take the pride to share it with our team.

Yours Cordially,