“A great new hotel in an ancient city”

Istanbul Marriott Hotel Sisli
Ranked #81 of 1,129 Hotels in Istanbul
Denver, Colorado
“A great new hotel in an ancient city”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 May 2014

Just spent three nights on a business trip here and could not have been more pleased. A great location in a new area for me, with shopping, dining and metro service nearby. The only meal I can vouch for here is the breakfast buffet, but I had to drag myself away from it each morning. Great pastries, cereals and fruits if you're in a hurry. But take your time and have your eggs prepared just the way you like at the open air service kitchen and you won't be disappointed. The hotel and service staff couldn't have been nicer or more competent. I'll definitely be back!

Room Tip: The upper floors (I was on 32) have commanding views over the city in every direction.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Cary C
Istanbul Marrio... H, Konuk İlişkileri Müdürü at Istanbul Marriott Hotel Sisli, responded to this review, 19 May 2014
Dear Cary C,

It has been great to have you with us. Thank you very much for writing about us and for your kind words regarding service and location.

We look forward to being your host very soon.

Best Regards from Istanbul,

Dilara Norouzi
Guest Relations Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (145)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 May 2014

I spent 5 nights at the Marriott, Sisli and was very comfortable in this new hotel. The rooms were clean and comfortable - like most Marriott hotels. We enjoyed using the executive lounge every evening - great snacks and drinks and gorgeous views of the Bosphorus river.

The staff were extremely welcoming and friendly. Special mention to the doorman- Borak (not sure). I have never seen someone smiling the way he did! He really was one of the most chirpy persons I have met - really made us feel so welcome in his city.

The guest relations ladies were very helpful too - they told us exactly what to do and how to spend our time in Istanbul. We were very happy with their suggestions and managed to see everything as planned. They were also very helpful in making restaurant reservations for us whenever we wanted.

Food needs a little improvement here - The breakfast spread was great - loved the decor of the restaurant, something so contemporary. The spread was the same everyday - I would have liked something different to eat in the 5 days that I was there. The dinner too, lacked options. We asked for a spaghetti aglio olio which wasn't on the menu and were told that the chef cannot make that. Strange! We chose to walk around the hotel and eat dinner there - there are a few small donner kebab shops where one can grab a bite.

Meltem at guest relations recommended we try the hamam at the Spa and we loved it. It was a great experience and the therapist was so gentle. Must try this!

The hotel has a great location- 2 mins walk from the mall, taxis available easily to go to Taksim square and other tourist areas. Be careful on your way back - this is still a relatively new hotel and a lot of taxi drivers don't know it yet. Carry a hotel card with the address!

All in all, was a good comfortable experience. I would stay there again on my next visit!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank HappilyTraveled
Yerevan, Armenia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 May 2014

We've just returned from Istanbul. We stayed in this brand new hotel for 3 nights and we loved every minute of it. The service was truly outstanding, the room was spacious and crisp clean. Our room was located on the 23rd floor and on clear days the view was amazing.
The best part of the hotel was the state of the art gym, the big indoor pool and the saunas.
The hotel is located a bit far away from the main attractions of Istanbul, but the metro is just around the corner, it is cheap, safe and very fast. It took us not more than 15 minutes to get to the historical areas. There is a large and great shopping center very close to the hotel.

So if you got to Istanbul, do yourself a favor and stay in the new Marriott Sisili.

Room Tip: Try to get executive lounge access. It is great value. The wine is excellent.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank hundanczech
Istanbul Marrio... H, Konuk İlişkileri Müdürü at Istanbul Marriott Hotel Sisli, responded to this review, 15 May 2014
Dear Hundanczech,

Wow! What a nice depiction. " Do yourself a favor and stay here in Istanbul".

I am Dilara Norouzi, the Guest Relations Manager of Istanbul Marriott Hotel Sisli.
We can not thank you enough. You have taken the time to say nice things about us
and we appreciate it so much. I will take the pride to share your note with our team.

If I may ever be of any assistance, please let me know. My direct email address is dilara.norouzi@marriott.com.

Yours Cordially,

Cairo, Egypt
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 May 2014

I stayed there for 6 nights on Business. You can smell the new material in everything there. The rooms are excellent with very good sleep quality. A superb internet speed and one of the best customer service I've ever encountered ( I wish to thank Mr.Jurur in the front desk for his excellent service and dedication....Thank you). The hotel is located very close to Taksim square and is a walking distance from one of the biggest malls in Istanbul.There is also a nearby metro (underground) station.

Bad things:
- Food quality was ok for breakfast but awful for dinner! The dinner menu had few selections at very expensive prices for not so good taste. I only had dinner there once then I had to eat from nearby resturants.
- The indoor swimming pool and Jacuzzi were COLD ( despite them claiming it was heated).
- The lobby bar lacked atmosphere
-No reliable shops inside the premises.
-Last but not least is the robes that the female personnel were wearing at the restaurant. They gave the impression that they have just walked out from a shower! Please change them!

In all, advantages much outweigh disadvantages and I will consider it again when I'm in Istanbul next time.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view of the city center if you like the view.Otherwise, the other side is quie...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Cairodoc
Dear Cairodoc,

Thank you very much for taking time to write this post regarding your stay. I am so glad to read that you've described the customer service as excellent in your review and I look forward to go to Gurur and say thank you

In addition I would like to thank you for your constructive feedbacks regarding restaurant, bar pool and uniforms, I have shared your note with my management team.

If you ever return to Istanbul please let me know. My direct email address is dilara.norouzi@marriott.com.

We look forward to being your host very soon,

Regards,

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 May 2014 via mobile

Today I returned from my business trip to a very nice city, Istanbul. Actually I've never written about my impressions anywhere, but this time I definitely would like to share my experience.
I've visited Turkey 8-9 times already. But here I felt a special atmosphere of the hotel from the moment I crossed its threshold! Seemed like you travel to another world. I had a very warm welcome and smooth check-in, ( I even remember some names, sorry if I write some of them with mistakes), Çağadaş was also really helpful during my entire stay and I must admit that the whole staff at front desk was so friendly, smiling and attentive to my needs that I felt myself a valuable guest, so secure and relaxed! I can remember some more: Meltem, Guest relations, the lady who took care of me my first days and gave me right directions how to explore the city, as I have only one spare day during my business trip! Thanks a lot!!! Dilara, Guest Relations Manager, also seems to know every guest in the hotel! Rudi, a Night manager, who greeted me by name near the restaurant when I was going for breakfast and told my room number to the hostess before I did it! How do they manage to do it?!!! Such things really touch people! Managers are always seen in the lobby and really are interested in preferences of their guests. Alper, Caner, Mr. Turkel are really good examples for their staff!
The lobby is so cosy and stylish! It seemed to me that even the atmosphere of the lobby changed depending on the part of the day: very nice selection of music, lightening etc.
The atmosphere of the restaurant is also very unique! You come for breakfast the second morning and they already know what coffee you prefer! How it possible to remember all guests when the hotel is full?! Caner, Hakan, thank you for my cappuccino!!!
Definitely it is also a very nice place to have dinner!
The sea view from my room was magnificent! The room was spacious, clean and comfortable! Very good location of the hotel... All was great! But I believe that right management and people with right attitude who work at this hotel make this place really special, up to all your needs and far above your expectations! I would definitely come back here with my family and would recommend it to my colleagues and friends!
Thank you very much for your care! Look forward to visiting you again!
Natalia M

Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
3 Thank Natalia M
Dear Ms.Natalia M,

My name is Dilara Norouzi. I am the Guest Relations Manager of Istanbul Marriott Hotel Sisli.

I am very happy to read your review. I and entire team in the hotel are very thankful to you for your kind words. We are very lucky to count you as our guest.

If I may ever be of any assistance within Marriott or Istanbul, please let me know.

Yours Cordially,

A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 May 2014 via mobile

From the 1st day to last day.staff friendly
I stayed in Marriott for three days. The staff was very friendly, always smiling and welcoming. I recommend it. It has a great sea view and a great professional meeting room. we really enjoyed our stay in it.
Hotel is new, rooms very well equipped and comfortable, common areas spacious and clean. Spa and swimming pool outstanding.close to metro,mall local Resturant
I recommend for every one

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Rhode Island
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2014

Stayed 1+1 night at the Marriott Sisli. Having stayed at numerous Marriott hotels in seven countries, I can honestly say I have never encountered as friendly and helpful front desk staff as at this hotel (including the bellboys). Both rooms were comfortable with pretty good views (although we were not on the side which has a distant view of the Bosphorus), bathrooms were good with some Turkish touches. As a tourist, staying in a neighbourhood away from the old city had some good points (non-touristy shops/restaurants) but getting to Sultanahmet needed either a bus + walk/tram or metro + funicular + tram which was cumbersome (or cab but our budget was tight). The only downside was a small issue with the card-reader in the room which was not handled very well by the maintenance person. Overall, I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank SeanRI
Istanbul Marrio... H, Konuk İlişkileri Müdürü at Istanbul Marriott Hotel Sisli, responded to this review, 14 May 2014
Dear Mr. SeanRI,

We are very happy to read your comment. You have taken the time to say nice things about us and we appreciate it so much.

My direct email address is dilara.norouzi@marriott.com. If I may ever be of any assistance to you within Marriott or Istanbul, please let me know. I will be very happy to help.

Yours Respectfully,