“Excellent Easter break in great hotel”

Istanbul Marriott Hotel Sisli
Ranked #81 of 1,175 Hotels in Istanbul
Reviewed 18 June 2014

Enjoyed four days at this brand new property in this bustling area of Istanbul, our first visit to the city.
The hotel opened in March of this year and immediately deserves a spot at the top. Service is friendly, efficient and caring, important especially when traveling with family. The building is amazing, a fantastic view from your room over the Bosphorus and the city at your feet.
The Executive lounge at the top offers a superb setting to rest your weary legs, oversee this amazing city in a comfortable, stylish environment with great evening snacks.
The rooms are large, with big bathrooms, excellent Marriott beds for best sleep ever and lots of wardrobe space for the long stay.
The most important thing of course is the team on site, and here the hotel and its managers hit the nail on the head. Nothing is too much, always a smile and using the guest name, a most challenging routine to train as everyone in this business knows. A big plus and well done to the team.
The neighborhood is busy and offers a lot, small shops, shopping centre, tons of restaurants and lots of live all day and night and it feels safe to walk around at any time.

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor, it's worth it
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank ArminEberhard

Reviewed 18 June 2014 via mobile

We arrived on my wife's 40th birthday, Dilara the GR manager and the rest of the staff made her day special and memorable, the rooms were beautifully furnished, and all the staff were polite and extremely patient with us asking them a billion questions. We will definitely recommend the Marriott Sisli to anyone visiting

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Tu M
Reviewed 17 June 2014

This brand new high-rise hotel opened in March 2014. In April 2014, I stayed at the Marriott Şişli for six days. I made this reservation in full cognizance of potential issues and "growing pains." To my surprise and delight, I found the Istanbul Marriott Hotel Şişli in top form just a mere month after opening its doors. The hotel is beautifully decorated, the lobby is spacious and bright, the rooms are in immaculate condition, and everything is in full working order. Housekeeping requests are handled promptly and with care. The Executive Lounge was among the best I have visited, with wonderful views to the south (see picture below: Bosphorus to the left, the Maiden Tower where the Bosphorus meets the Marmara Sea, Şişli/Nişantaşı districts straight ahead, and the Golden Horn, Topkapı Palace, the Blue Mosque, and Ayasofya farther out in the distance).

It's a rare hotel experience when you are treated like family and the staff genuinely cares for you. The management has done a wonderful job with recruitment and staff training. What made the Executive Lounge better than most was the wonderful staff, like Onur and Ruken, who went out of their ways to make their guests comfortable. The breakfast buffet at the restaurant was always a delight, and the caring staff (such as Necibe) made it more pleasant than most other Marriott breakfast experiences in Europe. Front desk personnel were also extremely competent and pleasant. Minor issues were handled professionally and resolved to my satisfaction. Ms. Norouzi, Guest Relations Manager, came over personally to greet me when I was leaving (I am a Marriott Rewards Platinum member).

Regarding the location, one reviewer called the neighborhood "run down." I respectfully disagree with that reviewer (note: I was born in Turkey and I've lived in Istanbul for a couple years). It's indeed a busy residential and commercial area, but the hotel is in a perfectly safe neighborhood with easy access to the Metro. The hotel is in the heart of Istanbul's business district, making it especially well-suited for business travelers. Nevertheless, popular tourist destinations are a short ride away on one of the cleanest, newest, and safest Metro systems in Europe.

I plan to visit Istanbul frequently over the next couple of years for business reasons, and I look forward to staying at the Marriott Şişli again.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Mooneydriver
Reviewed 12 June 2014

As a Gold Elite member with Marriott Rewards, I've visited several properties throughout the US, Europe, Asia, and Central America. From the moment we were welcomed by the managing staff to the personal selection of our suite so as to give us the best views the great city of Istanbul has to offer. Although the city had so many site to take in, this property was a destination in itself. The executive lounge on the 27 floor was a great place to begin and end your day. The fitness center and adjacent pool and full service spa were also amazing! AMAZING! When you have a chance for a layover or to stop into Istanbul for a quick stay, you must check out Istanbul Marriott Hotel Sisli!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank iShong80
Reviewed 11 June 2014

During our 3 day stay we had the chance to experience the great service, ambiente and quality of this outstanding hotel and all the staff. In particular big compliments and 'Thank You' to Ms. Derya Sevik who has provided excellent service on a luxurious level at all stages - multi-lingual, flexible, caring and professional.

Thank you very much to everybody from Top Management to the House Keeping. You made our stay an impressive experience.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Matulewski
Reviewed 10 June 2014

This is a new Marriott in a great location. Executive lounge was very good and view fabulous. Rooms large and nice amenities . Beautiful Bosphorus views. All the Staff were very helpful. Very close to largest shopping mall. Buffet breakfast was better then most. Would stay again when in Istanbul.

Room Tip: Ask for a Bosphorus view.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank egp1
Reviewed 8 June 2014

It's a nice high-rise hotel and provides spectacular views of the city and its waterways from the upper floors. The room was comfortable and sparkling. The executive lounge had sweeping views of all historical places in the distance. There was a lot security within the hotel premises, including airport-style metal detectors at the main entrance, which made me feel safe but also, in a strange way, made me wonder if we were in a safe area. The hotel is too nice for its neighborhood--not that anything seemed wrong with that neighborhood. The hotel, and nearby other high-rise buildings that seem very new, may transform the neighborhood over time. But the hotel seems a bit out of place for now. On the other hand, Taksim is not far, cabs are plentiful, and there are tons of city buses right outside the hotel entrance that will take one to Taksim and beyond. Metro is about a ten-minute walk through crowded streets.

The only unpleasant experience I had at the hotel was when I checked in. I was traveling with my elderly mother. The clerk told me that my rate was for a single person and that he would charge me 50 euros/day for having a second person in the room. I didn't have a printed copy of my reservation, but I told him the hotel rates, by international standards, are the same for one or two people in the room, but he wouldn't listen to me. I had already pre-paid for my stay and had just taken a cab from the airport to the hotel. I had no choice but to accept what I was being told. The next day, I went online and checked my reservation. It specifically said it was for two people at the rate I had already pre-paid. I spoke to a supervisor at the hotel. I showed her the reservation information on my tablet. She asked me to print it for her, which I did. She must have waived the additional charges because they have not appeared on my statement yet. I thought it was quite bizarre. When clerks already show rough edges in terms of customer service expectations, having a language barrier does not help, either.

Overall, I do recommend this hotel. It's an oasis in an otherwise crowded city.

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor and a room facing the historic center of the city (south side).
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family