“Fantastic little hotel.”
Review of Lavanta Hotel

Lavanta Hotel
Ranked #417 of 1,176 Hotels in Istanbul
Reviewed 16 June 2014

Lovely small hotel in heart of Taksim but not on the busy road.
Very nice reception staff. Haluk and his colleague were very helpful.
Room was spacious and clean. Small balcony but enough for a smokers. Nice big shower.
Tasty buffet breakfast but terrible coffee. Turkish coffee in the morning would be nice :-)
Me and my boyfriend really enjoyed our 5 days stay and definitely will be back.
Great value for money.

Room Tip: Suite terrace room.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Barbara S
Madlen B, Owner at Lavanta Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2014

Thank you for your lovely review, I am happy to hear that you and your boyfriend enjoyed your stay and would love to welcome you back! The turkish coffee on your next visit will be on us :)

Reviewed 11 June 2014

+ Location!
+ Big room with balcony
+ Breakfast included (Turkish)
+ Good wifi
+ Elevator

- Aircondition didn't work
- Very small bed
- Room wasn't clean
- Cold water and no pressure in the shower
- No cleaning in the room (only clean towels every day)

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Madlen B, Owner at Lavanta Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2014

Dear Guest:

Thank you for your input, I am happy that you were pleased with our breakfast. Since you commented on our terrace, I can conclude that you stayed in our Suite with Terrace room. This room has a large double bed, that complies with mattress standards worldwide. Unfortunately, it is not physically possible to extend this bed for our taller guests as in your case. You may want to look for properties that offer extra long beds in the future for your own comfort. As I remember quite vividly you resided at our property for a total of 5 nights, in which your room was cleaned daily hence the daily towel change and linens were changed twice during your stay. As a side note, keeping your personal belongings in a tidy fashion will always give housekeeping more opportunity and space to clean a room.

All the best,
Madlen

Reviewed 23 May 2014

I had a great time at Lavanta and the price quality ratio is truly unbeatable. The staff was helpful. rooms clean, breakfast was delicious and always ready on time in the morning something that is important to me as I am a morning person. Yes the rooms may be small but the service you get outshines it all. Everyone truly makes an effort to make your stay as enjoyable as possible.

2  Thank Ray Y

Thank you from the entire lavanta team, we enjoyed having you as our guest.

Greetings from Istanbul!

Reviewed 17 May 2014

The rooms at this hotel were nice, clean, efficient, affordable, and in a great location.

The guy at the front desk was incredibly unfriendly and rude, which somewhat ruined the experience for me. It was incredibly awkward to feel unwelcome in our hotel and greatly detracted from what would have been an otherwise completely fine experience. It's unfortunate, especially as the family who owns the hotel seemed nice in our brief interaction with them at breakfast. The guy who works the desk though, definitely not.

Madlen B, Owner at Lavanta Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2014

Thank you for your feedback. Some misunderstandings can occur due to the language barrier and i apologize if there was a misunderstanding. I can assure you that you are always more than welcome at our property.

Reviewed 17 May 2014

Good room, good location, bad service, shady business practices, good internet, good breakfast.

The service at the hotel is terrible. The receptionist was downright rude (especially when he found out I was an American), and refused to accept credit card payment, while also refusing to accept anything but exact payment in Euros (not liras, not dollars, no change). He actually cancelled the credit card payment I made when I booked the room online, so he could charge me cash. Shady business practices in my view, which takes what would otherwise be a four down to a three. Also, there was no secure location to store luggage, and given the receptionist's lack of care/commitment, I did not feel safe leaving valuables at the hotel.

But the services that the hotel provide are actually pretty good. The room was clean and not particularly small, it was ready early, and everything in it worked well (especially the shower). The internet worked well, and breakfast was pretty good. The location is solid, too -- right near Taksim Square, just of Istiklal street. It's close enough to everything to make visiting easy, while far enough away to be quiet. I might stay here again if I couldn't find better, but there are plenty of comparably priced hotels in Taksim/Sultanahmet that are more reliable.

Madlen B, Owner at Lavanta Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2014

Thank you for your feedback. First and foremost, i can assure you that our employees love meeting and interacting people with from different cultures and backgrounds. Therefore I believe this must be a misunderstanding. Unfortunately technology sometimes doesn't cooperate as much as we would like it to, therefore your payment could not be made via our POS machine that day. I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused. Our property has 24 h surveillance and I can assure you that there was absolutely no need to be concerned about luggage storage. I firmly believe that these misunderstandings were very much due to a language barrier.

Reviewed 15 May 2014

We Would like to spend good moments in Istanbul discover the city, museum, mosquee, center, asian side so we choose LAVANTA hotel for 7 nights hollidays. Very bad experience. WE have been stolen for 150€uros in total. Fist day I see 50€uros missed from my wallet. Day after 50€uros again & my friend saw also that 50€uros left from her bag. We warm the reception & they ensured that they Will Check with the manager. During this check 4 persons (manager, house keeper, reception, hotel owner) saw the thief (house keeper named jacup) enterred in our room while we took breakfast in the restaurant of hôtel. They apologize and ensure that WE Will get back our money. Day after, WE have not received any news from management of hôtel. Two days after seing jacup enter in our room, nothing has been done. The house keeper jacup still work in the hôtel. After several clamings hotel owner came in the hôtel with 3 persons for intimidation as we said that we will go to police. WE went to police and they asked for legal transletor which cost 100$. The journey in the hotel was a nightmare. Lack of transparency, honnesty & professionalism. They told us that they Will give us back the money & they never respect their words. They said that WE could use the safe in the room. But they see the house keeper jacup entered in the room & they said first they Will give us back the money as he lied to them because he said he never have been in the room during breakfast Time. Morover hôtel bathroom doesn't walk due the canalisation issue. WE have changed 3 rooms during a journey of 7days. WE strongly don't recommend you this hôtel due to lack of professionalism. Best regards

• Stayed: May 2014
5  Thank Kaderfall2005
Madlen B, Owner at Lavanta Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 July 2014

All of our rooms are equipped with safe boxes which can be used free of charge. Management is not responsible for lost or stolen items.

Reviewed 29 April 2014

Delicious buffet breakfast (everything from fresh cheese to Turkish cookies), rain shower (RAIN SHOWER!), crisp sheets and fluffy pillows in a location that can't be beat - 5 minutes walk from Taksim Square (easy to get to/from airport), 2 minutes from İstiklal Avenue (Istanbul's main shopping street), and artsy Cihangir district an easy stroll. I arrived from a long day of travel and transit, and the welcome was warm and helpful - courteous and genuinely friendly English-speaking staff on morning and evening shifts were happy to help me locate a hard-to-find travel agency and look after my bags after check-out. My room was very compact but extremely well designed to make the most of space. It felt like a much, much fancier hotel than what I was paying for. Lively area with cafes and restaurants on the street below, but you'll be at the heart of the action.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Wellingtonista
Madlen B, Owner at Lavanta Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2014

Thank you so much, i am so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay! All the best and take care,
Madlen