“Very good hotel with incredible Bosphorus view”
Review of The Sunrise Hotel

The Sunrise Hotel
Ranked #659 of 1,159 Hotels in Istanbul
Reviewed 28 June 2014

I stayed at this hotel for a week in June 2014. My friends from my country recommended this hotel for me. It was my first stay at this hotel. I liked the food and drink, clearness, friendly administration of hotel, fantastic view from terrace to Bosphorus. And the price was accessible. I recommend Sunrise hotel who is looking for clean and comfortable place to stay.

• Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank AynurHasanzade
ercanyildirim, Sahibi at The Sunrise Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 July 2014

Thanks for your good comments. It was pleasure for us hosting you in our hotel.

There are newer reviews for The Sunrise Hotel

Reviewed 22 June 2014

Wanted to share my experience at Sunrise Hotel in detail so that you never make the mistake of booking this hotel, however attractive the price and location may seem. I was booked at this hotel for 3 nights in May 2014 (had a confirmed online booking, and my credit card was duly swiped 3 days prior to arrival). Upon arriving at the hotel (the reception looked cramped beyond belief), the manager told us that our booking was cancelled since they couldnt manage to swipe the card properly. Despite showing the card confirmation that my account was debited, he refused to budge and even refused to hand over the "payment declined" slip. I mentioned that my emails the previous week asking for room confirmation were not answered to which I was told "we receive so many emails everyday, how can we reply to each"!! I then enquired whether any rooms were available which they indeed were and I could have them, but not at my original booking price but double the price! In the meantime, some guys from the restaurant next door gathered around and threatened to call the police if we didnt leave- when we insisted that they should indeed call the police to sort out the matter, they backed off and stood outside the hotel. They even threatened to charge my card for 1 night in case I didnt book at the higher rate which I obviously refused and had to immediately block my card. In addition, these guys spoke to the taxi driver (who had driven us there from the airport) and threatened to beat him up. We had no option but to leave the hotel and book elsewhere at the last moment.
Having stayed at many such hotels around the world, one understands that cancellations can happen every now and then but the attitude of the hotel staff, clearly intending to make a quick buck at the travellers' cost, is unpardonable. Would strongly urge to avoid this hotel at all cost!

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
7  Thank kuber82

We have to declare that the situation did not take place like our guest tells. First, as a hotel management we have right to take money before arrival of our guest . Moreover. this guest had non refundable reservations and we did not take any money from our guest because his credit card did not have sufficient limit to pay room price.SO that, we cancelled his reservation and sent an e-mail to him about cancellation. PLEASE DON'T MIND THIS FALSE COMMENT which is written by an instant anger.

Reviewed 9 May 2014

I've stayed in the Sunrise Hotel with my family for nine days. Although the hotel was full upon arrival, despite having booked two rooms and having to stay at another hotel in the neighborhood, the hotel employees made up for it during the rest of the week. The rooms were a good size and the bathroom had all comforts needed. The room was properly cleaned every day and the breakfast was basic but just what we needed. The location is perfect for exploring Istanbul with several highlights and the tram-station in close proximity. Also the neighborhood has several excellent restaurants for both lunch and dinner. The roof terrace view is spectacular and great for relaxing after a busy sightseeing day. Employees are polite and helpful for whatever question you have. The call for prayer from the mosque around the corner at 5 a.m. took some getting used to, but (at least for me) added to the Istanbul experience. So despite the hiccup in the beginning, the hotel was a safe and comfortable base for exploring Istanbul for a great price. Therefore I rate this hotel four stars.

Room Tip: Keep in mind that the hotel has a small staircase and no elevator.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank JSpoelstra

Thanks for your comments. Sunrise hotel will always continue to do best for its guests.

Reviewed 17 April 2014

What a wonderful experience. A truly perfect holiday made come true by this great choice of hotel. From beginning to end our stay here was just wonderful. We stayed at this hotel for 1 week and our room was very clean comfortable and just the right size for comfort and relaxing after a long day of sight seeing.The room we stayed in had a beautiful view of the sea and a glorious modern bathroom shower that was just perfect for the start of the day. Bottles of mineral water put in the fridge everyday and room cleaned daily. The terrace has the most beautiful view of the blue mosque and local area that we spent much time admiring and spending time having a drink and relaxing in. The staff are so spectacular, forthcoming and helpful with absolutely all needs be it helping with planning and booking our tours and just all general advice for anything we needed and more. Now the restaurant which is an amazing highlight of staying at this hotel. We spent many evenings eating here with the greatest food with a luxury menu of wonders like seafood to Turkish cuisine Italian just all that one could want under a small artistic hotel restaurant. Atmosphere is lovely the best music and full every night with many tourists in which we socialised much and made many friends. The staff are a true credit to the hotel industry. Location just couldn't be better walking distance to all the main beautiful sights like the Blue Mosque, Aya Sophia, Grand Bazzar and more with also the tram just up the road. Whatever time of day or night walking to and from this hotel was very very safe. I was given a real bonus staying in this hotel for My Istanbul holiday. Thank you Ercan and all the staff keep up the great work you are doing. We will be back to stay here again and again.

• Stayed: January 2014
1  Thank Spuderman
ercanyildirim, Yönetici at The Sunrise Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 July 2014

Reviewed 16 April 2014

The best hotel ro visit Istanbul.
The room is very clean and comfortable, tasty breakfast to start day....
The hosts are very kind and helpful.
I strongly recommend this hotel.
I hope I could stay again.
Thanks a lot.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 4 April 2014 via mobile

We would like to thank Sunrise Hotel for making our visit in Turkey more memorable than expected. The hotel is just a walking distance to the blue mosque, hagia sophia etc. The hotel hosts are very friendly and I would really recommend this hotel to every one.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
ercanyildirim, Yönetici at The Sunrise Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 July 2014

Thanks for your good comments. It was good experience for us, hosting you in our hotel.
See you..
Best regards....

Reviewed 27 February 2014

We stayed at Sunrise Hotel near Sultanahmet in Istanbul for 10 days in February. The hotel was really great for our stay. Centrally located, you will have no problem walking to nearby attractions such as the Blue Mosque, Hagia Sofia, and many more. The tramway is also very close. The rooms are spacious and clean with a modern bathroom. The staff is very friendly, helpful, and always on-hand day or night.

The property is rather small, and there is no lift/elevator. Our room was on the 3rd floor, so it may be hard for someone who has trouble with stairs. There's a lovely rooftop deck with a great view and a quaint restaurant on the bottom level. I will make sure we always stay at this hotel during future trips to Istanbul.

This property is really great for the price. We were there during an off-peak time, so the prices were incredibly affordable. Also, they were able to arrange our airport transfer for $10 -- phenomenal!

Room Tip: We chose a double room (1 queen bed, 1 twin bed) and the room was very spacious with a seating nook...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank KitaTravels
ercanyildirim, Sahibi at The Sunrise Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 July 2014

See you..