We stayed here as part of a Gate 1 tour and I would definitely agree with the other reviewers here on a few points:
1) Make sure you tell your taxi driver "Hotel Zurich" (literally across the street) because NO ONE knows where Hotel Mosaic is.
2) Personally, I suggest that you don't let the hotel get a taxi for you; there are a lot of taxis that pass the front of the hotel so just get one yourself and negotiate the price before you get in (you can do some research online to get an idea of what your trip would cost) or ask the driver to turn the meter on (but they still might take you for a roundabout ride). We took a taxi they got for us the first time and literally ended up paying twice what it should've been worth (found out on the return trip). It happened a second time, but I said no and asked two more drivers who came by and took the third driver and ended up paying half what the first one quoted. FYI: trip from Galata tower to hotel during no traffic was 10TL.
3) Actually, instead of taking the taxi, I highly recommend taking the tram. SUPER easy and way cheaper than a taxi unless you have more than three people. It requires only minimal walking from the nearest stop.
4) The room sizes vary greatly. At the beginning of our tour, we were assigned a pretty good size room but at the end we ended up in literally a shoebox. There was not enough room for baggage and about a foot at the end of the bed to get by.
5) As someone mentioned earlier, this hotel gave off the spirit of "we're doing you the favor by letting you stay here". Hands down the unfriendliest hotel I've stayed in recent history, but don't fret: we've had some phenomenal experiences at other Turkey hotels...
Conclusion: at best an average hotel. I'd definitely go somewhere else like we did after our tour finished. You can get much better quality and experience at comparable prices. We moved to a highly Tripadvisor rated hotel and loved it! (and VERY reasonably priced as well)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This modern hotel in central Istanbul is half a mile from the Grand Bazaar and Spice Bazaar. It offers a gym and a spa with an indoor pool and Turkish hammam.Mosaic Hotel features tastefully decorated guest rooms with an LCD TV, minibar and private bathrooms. Some rooms have a balcony.The Mosaic has a complete spa with a sauna and solarium. The hotel’s gym features cardio equipment and free weights.Guests of the Mosaic can start their day with a rich buffet breakfast. For lunch and dinner, the restaurant offers an a varied menu as well as an open-buffet. Live music entertainment is also a regular feature at Mosaic Hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Splitty, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Cancelon and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Hotel Mosaic reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mosaic Hotel Istanbul