“Sleepless in Istanbul”

Ranked #179 of 1,129 Hotels in Istanbul
Singapore, Singapore
“Sleepless in Istanbul”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 September 2013

My wife and I spent three terrible nights - Thursday, Friday and Saturday. The noise of nearby discos and restaurants were so loud that we could not sleep at all. After our first night, we asked for a change of room but there none available. The room appeared that it needed a refurbishment. In fact, the shower control was broken during our last night stay. Not easy to have a shower without a working shower. On arrival, we found only one bathrobe in the room, but another one was supplied the following day after a request.
At breakfast, I asked for the option of not having the buffet as I wanted just a plate of fresh fruits. I was told that they do not serve a la carte breakfast and I would be charged for a full break fast. I did not have breakfast again there.
The hotel has a great plus: the quality of the staff - they were all very friendly and helpful. The hotel is also located near the ferry stop for boat cruise on the river, near a bus stop, which is very convenient, given the traffic jam at night - better spend time in a bus in the traffic than in a taxi. If one likes to party until dawn then this is the hotel to stay.

Room Tip: Avoid Room 151. It does not have a great view over the river.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Mustafa G, General Manager at Radisson Blu Bosphorus Hotel, Istanbul, responded to this review, 14 September 2013
Dear Guest,

I appreciate the time you took to share your honest feedback about your stay at Radisson Blu Bosphorus Hotel, Istanbul. Please accept my sincere apologies for the negative experiences you had during your stay with us. It is refreshing to learn that our hotel has met your expectations both in terms of hospitality and location.

Our hotel offers our guests an exceptional experience with it’s location right on the shores of beautiful Bosphorus where the refreshing and delicate atmosphere of Ortaköy welcomes our guests with a breathtaking view. Ortaköy area has the best restaurants, coffeehouses, nightlife facilities of town and it is one of the most popular areas in İstanbul. We are sorry to hear that you your stay was disturbed by the outside factors.

As Radisson Blu Bosphorus Hotel, İstanbul, we welcome our guests every morning with a spectacular breakfast buffet at our StarBoard Restaurant with a wide selection of traditional & luscious food and drink items from all around Turkey. While giving a delicate and a fresh start to your day every morning, you can also enjoy the beautiful view of Bosphorus at our terrace. As you mentioned, StarBoard Restaurant does not serve A La Carte menu during the open buffet breakfast hours. Our guests can also enjoy the delicious menu offers of our CruiseLounge along the fresh sea air and the wonderful view of Bosphorus during the open buffet breakfast service of our main restaurant.

We appreciate the feedback and will use it to fine tune our operations. We hope you will see the improvement and enjoy your time with us in your next visit.

Best Regards.

Sonja Divé-Dahl,
General Manager,
DISTRICT DIRECTOR OF TURKEY, GEORGIA & KAZAKHSTAN

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (137)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 September 2013

We stayed at the radisson with the family while visiting the city. The hotel is just amazingly located. cheap in comparison with other hotels, perfectly located on the bank of the bosphorus, very nice terasse and super smily and helpful staff

Room Tip: High Floor Rooms the closest to the water !
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank TheGastronomist
Mustafa G, General Manager at Radisson Blu Bosphorus Hotel, Istanbul, responded to this review, 13 September 2013
Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for taking time to share your wonderful words regarding your stay at Radisson Blu Bosphorus Hotel, Istanbul. It is a great pleasure to learn that our hotel has met your expectations both in terms of location, price, hospitality and view.

Our hotel on the shores of Ortaköy Square offers an unforgetable journey to our guests with the the best restaurants, coffeehouses and the nightlife facilities of town along the magnificent view and the refreshing sea air of beautiful Bosphorus. Ortaköy area is just in 15 minutes distance by taxi to the other popular squares of town and a great place to experience the delicate atmosphere of İstanbul during your stay. We find our location quite inspiring and it is always a joy sharing it with our guests.

We appreciate your comments about the attentiveness of our team, we are here to make our guests happy and we are glad we succeeded that.

Hopefully we will have the pleasure of welcoming you soon again.

Manhattan Beach, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 September 2013

I recently stayed here for 5 days while in Istanbul for a destination wedding. Aside from the fabulous wedding rate, this is the perfect location to enjoy great views, restaurants & shopping on the Bosphorus. My other favorite part of the property was the Concierge, Muge.Agcioglu. She was the most helpful team member I encountered during my whole stay. She was always warm, patient & extremely pleasant to work with. I think she is an asset to not only this property, but to the entire Radisson collection.
With other members of the Front Desk Team, I did experience a few mix-ups with language barrier & such (ex. when checking in, I was supposed to be given the key to my sisters room to stay for the night, but instead, they said there was no message for me & I had to pay for an extra nights stay. They also only had smoking remaining, so I was in a smoking room for that night). I did get the wedding rate for the night even though it was technically past the booking date, but it definitely was an extra out of pocket expense on an already pricey holiday I was not expecting. The team was apologetic and I was moved into a huge, non-smoking room for the last 4 nights. Request Room 310/311 (I can't rem the number but it is worth it).
I was not blown away by the property, but I still think it is worth the stay - especially for the amazing location & views & for the amazing assistance you will receive from Muge.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
Mustafa G, General Manager at Radisson Blu Bosphorus Hotel, Istanbul, responded to this review, 9 September 2013
Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for taking time to share your sincere feedbacks about your stay at Radisson Blu Bosphorus Hotel, Istanbul. It is a pleasure to know that our hotel has met your expectations both in terms of hospitality, concierge assistance, design and location.

Our hotel on the magnificent shores of Ortaköy Square offers an unforgetable journey to our guests with the the best restaurants, coffeehouses and the nightlife facilities of town along the magnificent view and the refreshing sea air of beautiful Bosphorus. Ortaköy area is just in 15 minutes distance by taxi to the other popular squares of town and a great place to experience the delicate atmosphere of İstanbul during your stay. We find our location quite inspiring and it is always a joy sharing it with our guests. As you mentioned, our professional concierge team is always here to assist you by giving great tips about the city, recommend you the best restaurants of town and to make bookings for you. Our Guest Relations Representative Ms. Muge Agcioglu sends her best regards to you, she is glad to hear such wonderful words from you about the hospitality she provided and so we are.

We regret the unfortunate situation you experienced during your check-in. It is refreshing to learn that you were satisfied with the second room that has been provided to you.

I hope you will give us another chance to welcome you back in near future and we are looking forward to your next stay in hope to fulfill your expectations.

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 September 2013

I love the location for that hotel . It is in Ortakoy and you will have a lot of restaurants and shops directly looking over the bosphorus.

The view from the rooms to the bosphorus are just breathtaking
The hotel is clean and the staff are nice. The breakfast is AMAZING with lots of Turkish choices.
Concierge staff are helpful

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with friends
Mustafa G, General Manager at Radisson Blu Bosphorus Hotel, Istanbul, responded to this review, 7 September 2013
Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for taking time to share your wonderful comments about your stay experience at Radisson Blu Bosphorus Hotel, Istanbul. It is refreshing to learn that our hotel has met your expectations both in terms of hospitality, culinary offerings, guest rooms, location and view.

As you mentioned, our hotel has an amazing location where the warm and delicate atmosphere of Ortaköy Square welcomes our guests with the stunning view of beautiful Bosphorus. Ortaköy is one of the most popular and elegant places in Istanbul where you can find the best restaurants, coffee shops & nightlife facilities of town.

We constantly receive great feedbacks about our legendary StarBoard Restaurant’s culinary offerings and the amazing Bosphorus view it has. It has been alway a pleasure to know that our guests enjoy our service quality that much. Starboard Restaurant’s open buffet breakfast with a wide selection of the most delicious tastes from all around Turkey is being prepared every morning to give your day an enjoyable start. Our guests can savor the splendid view of Bosphorus while having an elegant dinner or a luscious breakfast at StarBoard Restaurant.

I have shared your wonderful review with our team, they are sending their regards to you as well.

We hope you will give us another opportunity to welcome you back soon.

Bokeelia, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 September 2013

The Radisson Blu has an awesome location in one of the nicest areas of Istanbul. Nearby are plenty of shops, restaurants, and street vendors, in a much more relaxed setting than in the busy Bazar district. We arrived a bit too early for check in (9am) and had to wait 4 hours for our room to be made available. (It would have been faster but we had a Jr. Suite and they only have a few of them.) Meanwhile, we sat outside and admired to view of the waterway and the chaos of shipping. We also had lunch in the hotel lobby bar, as the hotel restaurant was serving a late Turkish breakfast (Sat and Sun only) till 2pm. I had the hamburger sliders and my other half the organic veggie sandwich. Hers was more plentiful than mine, but both were ok. Though, food and drink at the hotel are at a premium price (we were not aware of the local restaurants yet) and not as good as what is available nearby.

When we finally got into our nonsmoking room, it reeked of pipe smoke. At first we thought it was just a cultural thing and wouldn't be all that bad, but we eventually had to have the pillows and comforter replaced. And, the following day they de-smoked the room. We were offered a room exchange, but by this time we had already opened the bags and thrown our stuff all around, so moving would have been a pain in the backside. Major kudos to the nighttime housekeeper. He did not speak a lick of English, but did his all to help correct the situation.
The staff was very friendly, helpful, and informative. However, there was one exception, the mini-bar guy! Two hours after getting into the room, we had showered and were attempting to nap… then comes a knock at the door. The min-bar guy wanted to inventory the mini-bar and was very rude about doing so. I informed him that we were napping, but he got very rude, so I let the guy in after my other half covered up in the bed. Of course he had to take two trips in the room and each time taking a long look at the lump in the bed. I seriously wanted to punch this guy out, but thoughts of Midnight Express came to mind.

I would consider staying at this hotel again, minus the mini-bar guy and the smoky room. The view is awesome, staff excellent, and location very nice. Though, it is a bit of a distance from the Bazar and taxi can be expensive. To the Bazaar we paid less than 20 lira and returning to the hotel 100 lira. I suggest you time your taxi trips to avoid traffic patterns or learn to figure out the boat ferry schedules...

Room Tip: The Jr. Suites have the best views.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
Mustafa G, General Manager at Radisson Blu Bosphorus Hotel, Istanbul, responded to this review, 3 September 2013
Dear Guest,

I really appreciate the time you took to share your sincere comments about your stay at Radisson Blu Bosphorus Hotel, Istanbul. It is refreshing to learn that our hotel has met your expectations in terms of location, hospitality and view. We are constantly working to improve our service quality, a feedback such as yours is of high value.

Ortaköy is a location which should be high on every İstanbul visitor’s list of places to see. Our hotel is located on the shores of magnificent Bosphorus in Ortaköy Square where the best restaurants, coffeehouses and nightlife facilities can be found. On Saturdays, we are having an open air market in Ortaköy where our guests can find handmade souvenirs and local artist goods along the fresh sea air of Bosphorus with so many accessory shops which are available seven days a week. Definitely one of the best places in İstanbul, we are proud to be here in Ortaköy and It is always a pleasure for us to share the beauty of the area with our valuable guests.

I would like to thank you for sharing your important feedbacks with us, I assure you that the necessary actions will be taken to fine tune our operations in the hope that upon your next visit, we can totally meet or exceed your expectations.

Looking forward to welcome you back in near future.

Overland, Missouri
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 August 2013

Just completed a stay at this hotel. Overall, the hotel is in a great location and kept in good condition. The staff are generally friendly, especially the front desk and concierge staff. There were a few issues with some staff in the restaurant, but the manager was quick to resolve the issue. I just hope for his sake that he will resolve the issues with some of the staff. The room is modern and in good conditions. Bed is comfortable. The spa is also very nice and we did some turkish bath. Overall, we were satisfied with our stay and would definitely recommend.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Mustafa G, General Manager at Radisson Blu Bosphorus Hotel, Istanbul, responded to this review, 23 August 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking time to share your comments about your stay experience at Radisson Blu Bosphorus Hotel, Istanbul. It is great to know that our hotel has met your expectations both in terms of location, design, hospitality and facilities.

I really appreciate your honest feedback as this helps us to work on improving our guest satisfaction. Please accept our sincere apologies because you were disappointed with the service at the our restuarant. We follow up all the issues that are being mentioned in our guest feedbacks and take the necessary actions directly.

We are looking forward to welcome you back.

Gurgaon, India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 August 2013

We wanted to be on the Bosphorus and stayed at the hotel for 2 nights. The hotel is located in the Ortakoy area on the banks of the Bosphorus Strait that separates Europe from Asia. This is also one of the main night life places in Istanbul and traffic can be a nightmare in the evenings – specially on weekends. We arrived on Saturday around midnight and after getting stuck in the traffic for over 45 minutes, finally decided to walk the final 200 metres to the hotel dragging our luggage. The hotel staff was friendly and we were checked in efficiently and quickly. On request, were given a partial sea facing room which was quite nice. Rooms though small are adequate with comfortable beds. The bathrooms are modern with proper fittings though it is a task to get into the bath tub. WIFI is free and works well. There are ice machines installed on the floors which do not work – the hotel was however quick to supply ice to us when needed.

The area is great for night life. We walked out of the hotel at 1.00 AM to find crowds of partying people. There are a number of cafes around the Ortakoy mosque offering good food and drinks. The café Kitchenette in the Ortakoy square is a nice place for meals and breakfast. The well known Reina night club is a 10 minute walk from the hotel . Though the place is overpriced and overhyped, it is a must visit. One gets beautiful night views of the Bosphorous and the bridge from the club. Reservation is a must which the concierge at the hotel organised for us.

The hotel is a bit far from the other tourist attractions of Istanbul – however taxis are easily available and a short distance away if you are lucky not to get caught in traffic.

If you want to enjoy nightlife in Istanbul and be on the Bosphorus, this is the place !!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Pravine
Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for taking time to share your valuable comments about Radisson Blu Bosphorus Hotel, Istanbul and for recommending our hotel to the other Tripadvisor users. It is great to learn that our hotel has met your expectations both in terms of location, design and hospitality.

Our hotel has an amazing location where the warm and delicate atmosphere of Ortaköy Square welcomes our guests with the stunning view of beautiful Bosphorus. Ortaköy is one of the most popular and elegant places in Istanbul where you can find the best restaurants, coffee shops & nightlife facilities of town. As you mentioned, we are in 15 minutes distance to Sultanahmet area where you can visit most of the must seen places in İstanbul such as Grand Bazaar, Spice Market, Topkapi Palace, Hagia Sophia, Yerebatan Underground Cistern and also Blue Mosque. Sometimes traffic is being unexpectedly crowded because of the rush hour of the city center.

With the relaxing atmosphere it has, our hotel on the banks of Bosphorus is the perfect place to experience both historical and modern atmosphere of town and to chill out during your trip far from the crowd of city. Our professional concierge team is always here to assist you by giving great tips about the city and recommend you the best city tours and the best restaurants of town.

I appreciate your sincere feedback about the ice machine located on your room floor, I would like to inform you that the situation you mentioned has been fixed by our technical department. It is refreshing to learn that our hotel staff provided ice to you immediately whenever you needed.

We are looking forward to welcome you back soon.