Diva's Hotel
Stone Hotel(Istanbul)
Oba Hotel(Istanbul)
Muyan Suites(Istanbul)
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsblue mosquebeautiful mosquesea viewshuttle servicesultanahmet districtold citymajor attractionstram stationmehmettourist
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 4 May 2014

I stayed at Diva's Hotel in Sultanahmet and I can honestly say I could not pick a better location for exploring Istanbul. All the main sights are within few minutes walking distance from the hotel as well as the tram stop at Sultanahmet and the nearest stop for City Sightseeing tours. The hotel itself was exactly what I expected. My twin room on the second floor was the perfect size and so was the bathroom. My room was overlooking the street and was great for watching the comings and goings. The housekkeeping kept my room clean everyday and the minibar was well stocked. I enjoyed a cup of tea in the garden listening to the birds chirping around me. On returning to the hotel on my second day I found a massive sign wishing me Happy Birthday, big bowl of fruit and a fruit coctail waiting for me in my room. I did not mention to anyone it was my Birthday. It was the perfect end to a wonderful day spent in the city. I was treated like a family by Kerim and Emrah. They made the my stay perfect. I enjoyed my stay and I am going back there in October, this time with a friend.

Room Tip: The hotel has variety of rooms including sea view rooms with balcony. Twin rooms might be more spacious.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank Katarina J
Reviewed 1 May 2014

We enjoyed our stay at the Diva's hotel. It's located really close to all the historical sights of the Old City and close enough to the Tram line to explore other parts of the city.
The hotel itself is a little quirky but clean and with good facilities. Free WiFi was a welcome addition.
The high point is the staff, they are very friendly and incredibly helpful. I wanted to grab some late night Baklava so asked for a recommendation on where to get some, the night porter walked me there to make sure I found a good place and was great company. The concierge, Kerim, was at pains to make sure we had everything we needed and helped us find sights to see.
On arriving we were given a choice between 2 rooms, a smaller double and a much larger twin which we took.

Room Tip: We stayed in Room 5, which was good sized twin room at the front of the hotel so a little noisy but with good facilities and a modern bathroom.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 April 2014

We have stayed there with our family...Divas hotel is very near to historical places like Blue mosque,hagia sophia, grand bazaar...etc... and the hotel situated at a very quiet street...the staff is very nice and friendly...

• Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank Tyson76
Reviewed 23 April 2014

The location is in an excellent location. As others have mentioned, it is close to the Blue Mosque, Hagia Sophia, Grand Bazzar, Topkapi Palace. The hotel is in a hilly area and this might be difficult for some people. But other than that, and the hotel's carpet which is a bit sad, and the low level in the room, we liked our stay there very much. The room was a good size with a fridge and safe. The excellent and friendly staff made everything very enjoyable. I can't compliment the staff too much. Breakfast was excellent. Everything that you could wish for.
We loved Istanbul. An amazing city with friendly people.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Patriciaann66
Reviewed 16 April 2014

I was really looking forward to staying here following the positive reviews I had read but it was really disappointing. The room was small but clean so I was initially pleased but there was absolutely no natural light. The window was badly placed and overlooked a roofed in courtyard. Other quirks such as the hot and cold taps running the opposite description and the pitiful wardrobe space could have been charming but the paper thin walls and the lack of towels and housekeeping weren't. The corridor outside our room appeared to be an open luggage store and we were constantly disturbed by the noise. However we found the main problem to be the staff who were perfectly civil but lacked any form of friendliness whatsoever. Every query was met with a disinterested response and more than once I had to wait for them to finish playing on their phone or the internet before dealing with my query. The location was good but there are many other hotels in this area which should really be explored before booking. Breakfast was fine but again hardly served with a smile. I look forward to reading other reviews as there were several other dissatisfied customers registering their disapproval, albeit one of them particularly rudely, during our stay. One thing to note is the sea views appear to be limited from the hotel, do check when booking if you require one. We didn't even get a window which opened to the outside!

Room Tip: Aim for higher floors and certainly avoid rooms on the ground floor
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends