“Warning!”
Review of Klas Hotel

Klas Hotel
Ranked #733 of 1,163 Hotels in Istanbul
Reviewed 5 May 2012

We stayed at the hotel at the end of April 2012. We want to warn other guests for this hotel. They overbook systematically. Over Booked guests are offered a far worse hotel on arrival. They lied about the reason why you are forced to change hotel. To us, they said that the fire alarm was broken. To another guest, they said that the reservation system was broken. Furthermore, they said that the poolarea was closed because of the weather, even though it was hot. When we looked out we saw that the pool was under reconstruction and we had not read anything about this on their website. The staff at the hotel Klas misleads willfully their guests through lies. They are also very unpleasant. We were not allowed to cancel and we received no financial compensation. Do not go there!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
7  Thank Lars A

Reviewed 17 April 2012

I had a five day family trip in Istanbul with my family. I was looking at some hotels on the Internet and Klas Hotel seemed very nice. I opted for an executive room for more room space and comfort. When we arrived we were welcomed at the reception and I can say that the welcoming was fairly ok even if there was no thorough explanation on the Hotel as it is usual to receive when staying in 4/5 star hotels. We went up to our room and it was then that we received the first shock. The room carpet was full of stains making the room looking filthy. The duvet and the pillow cases were also stained. The bed for one of my kids was not a bed at all, they just put two mattresses on each other and covered with a sheet and blanket. The balcony was filthy with cigarettes buds all over the place and the room was also smelling of cigarette smoke even if they tried hard to mask it with air freshner. The house keeping is terrible, they just made the beds and that was it. One day I had to request a sheet for my daughters improvised bed as they removed it and did not replace it back. The floor was never vacuumed cleaned during the whole stay, not allowing my kids to walk bare footed or even play on the carpet. Glasses and tea cups were also left uncleaned for the whole stay. It was advertised that bathrobes and slippers are available, but I still have no clue were these items were. On a four night stay, I had to call three times the reception to rectify things, the first time the service was prompt but as for the others I had to wait for 30 min to get things done. The positive things this hotel has to offer are masked by the poor quality they offer to clients. Location of this hotel is very good as you can reach almost everywhere by foot or by tram which is situated at a short walk away from the hotel. In general, I can say that our trip to Istanbul would have been perfect if it was not ruined by all the complaints mentioned above!

Stayed: April 2012
7  Thank Oli36
Reviewed 28 March 2012

The Klas hotel situated in old Istanbul is ideally situated for visiting the main attractions eg. the Blue Mosque & the Topkapi Palace.
The rooms are very comfortable & the breakfast was very good by Turkish standards.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank GeomagsScotland
Reviewed 28 March 2012

We just stayed at Klas Hotel last weekend. When we arrived they told us they where overbooked and they did not have a room for us. They offered us a room in the hotel next door which supposely should also be a 4 star hotel. So we agreed to move for two nights to hotel Oron which was just next door. We should have first asked to see the rooms. They hotel lobby is already a dark hole and the rooms are very old fashion and not really clean. After we especially booked Klas hotel so we can have some modern rooms, we ended up in this place. For our
ast night in the Klas we got an upgrade to a deluxe room. Bathroom floor was soo sticky you could not walk in it barefoot. The walls are paperthin you here everything from next door. Also the staff are not that friendly and the music at breakfast was sooo loud you could not even talk to eachother......would not recommend Klas or even worse Oron hotel...the location is great...but there are many other hotels in that area.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Jasminegrizzly
Reviewed 23 March 2012

This may be a 4 star by Turkish Standards but don't expect a real 4 star. The room was very small and stuffy.
The staff were very friendly and there was a huge choice at the breakfast.
It;s very close to the tram and a very short walk to the Grand Bazaar. I would definitely recommend this hotel as long as you don't expect a 4 star!!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 December 2011

I visited here with my office colleagues, we think this place should have got a 3 star hotel rather than 4 star. The room was quite small, the bathroom was even smaller than most 4 star hotel i had ever stayed in. The breakfast was so-so, not special. I had no problem with the staffs, but my friend had a major problem. Her bathroom didn't have sliding glass on its shower side, when she asked to exchange for another room, they said they did not have any available room to exchange! We stayed there for 3 days, and still no news to exchange the room.
Although, i have to say this hotel is quite strategic for visiting tourist destinations. But that's all.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with friends
2  Thank missditz
Reviewed 12 December 2011

The execuative rooms are very large and offer good value for money.

The location (Laleli) is not the best part of town, but you can easily get to other parts using the Tram service.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple