“Great location for easy access”

Topkapi Inter Istanbul Hotel
Ranked #795 of 1,163 Hotels in Istanbul
Reviewed 24 August 2011

Location of this hotel to public transport (the train) was brilliant. Watch belongings on the train as we were robbed within a minute of getting on, trains are jam packed. Was very easy access to all the great tourist sites. The couple of minutes walk from the hotel to train was easy but you had to watch where you walked as very bad footpaths, holes in sidewalk and debris lying around. First impression of the area was not good. Bit of a distance to travel from the airport. Reception staff were lovely and helped with information as much as they could. The staff (all three ladies) from the Turkish Bath area a couple of floors down were not able to communicate at all in english with me. They missed out on customers because of this problem. Did not have any idea what I was asking even though I tried to show with signs using my hands - washing, shower etc. Had no idea what I was asking for when I said "toilet". Breakfast dining area had tables situated around the indoor pool. The variety and presentation of the food was more than adequate. Bedding and towels were clean but the rest of the room required a good clean. Moved the bed as I dropped my pen, the floor was covered with dust and there was a used condoms lying there.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Leannamarie63

Reviewed 6 April 2011

Small Hotel but we were there on June 2009 not June 2010, it was our Honeymoon, the hotel is not good for Honeymooners or Romance, but it is well furnitures, has quality trained staff, understanding English and cooperative all the time, although the room was small but it was finished with quality interiors, Breakfast was around the swimming pool we really enjoy having the breakfast every day there but the quality of the food was not that much, we stay for seven nights we never had a complaint of any thing, always clean always quite, very great stay in this hotel, recommended to every one, location is good because there is couple of markets beside the hotel, there is a tram stop one minute far from the hotel which will connect you any where in Istanbul

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 March 2011

Stayed there as part fo a group of 15 people so I can't really comment on the value for money as I don't know what is their usual walk-in price.
The hotel is a typicall 4 star average hotel. Nothing impressive, nothing really dissapointing.
First room we were offered wasn't cleaned well and we asked for a change which was done in 5 minutes with no hassle.
The hotel offers free sauna/turkish bath, I can't really comment on the quality of the facilities since I haven't been to many more but they seemed nice to me.
Location is not great but there is a tram station just 30 meters from the hotel which can take you to Sultanahment (Blue Mosque, Agia Sofia etc) in 20 minutes.
Our roum was very hot for no apparent reason (heat was off) so we had trouble to sleep.
In my opinion you should choose this hotel only related to price, If you are offered a price less than 90€, it's a good deal.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Vasios
Reviewed 11 November 2010

This place has a full package everyone is looking for. Clean and bright rooms, high quality service and welcoming staff. For the price we have paid for this hotel was a heaven :) Suits to everyone's taste no matter it is a family, a banch of tourists or group of friends.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 11 November 2010

I travel a lot and have to meet with different people. I set my partners at Topkapi Hotel and they were really impressed from its service.
Rooms are very clean and neat. They provide wonderful food, specially service. Waiters are perfect. They do their bests to make you comfortable! In Turkey people know how to serve!!
I would highly recommend to stay at this wonderful Hotel!

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank serdar_kakayev
Reviewed 10 November 2010

After a long time I came to Turkey, Istanbul. I stayed at Interistanbbul hotel for whole my trip duration. it was very nice and descent hotel. The receptionist was very nice and polite :)
If I would go to istanbul, i will stay there again. Also, i recommend this hotel for those who are planning to stay in istanbul. i am glad i chose this hotel...

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 10 November 2010

I have been all over the world, but this hotel, is the best I have ever been to, friendly people, and the best service ever. I would recommend it to everyone..... so do yourself a favor and the next time you visit Turkey stay at Topkapi Inter Istanbul Hotel. Loved it will see you guys again soon.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled on business