“Really Nice Stay!”

Garden House Istanbul
Ranked #45 of 1,163 Hotels in Istanbul
Reviewed 18 October 2012

I thoroughly enjoyed my stay at the Garden House in Istanbul. The location was ideal, close to all of the major sites in the old historical area of town. The quaint streets and nightlife only added to the ambiance. The staff at the hotel were all very nice and did their the best to accommodate our needs and wishes. The room I had was totally clean, charming and comfortable, with views overlooking the garden.

Most important, I can't say enough about the manager Selcuk. He was so welcoming and helpful to this New Yorker. He was patient, informative and only wanted to make my stay more enjoyable. I would recommend this hotel to anyone who wants a simple, charming and convenient hotel.

Room Tip: 4th floor off the garden was great.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (1,394)

Reviewed 18 October 2012

Garden House is a small hotel in the old town . It is about 5 mins from Hagia Sophia .
Our room was spacious ,decorated in Ottoman style ,with a very comfortable bed & spotlessly clean .The staff were friendly & so helpful .The breakfasts were great with lots of variety . The courtyard was a feature especially on Friday & Saturday night for " Happy Hour " .A wonderful stay in a charming atmosphere .

Room Tip: We had a Junior Suite on ground floor as booked . Other rooms all very good .
Reviewed 17 October 2012

I stayed in the Garden House Hotel for 1 week. I always got a perfect clean room. The cute garden, the restaurant and services are perfect. The room was also comfortable and agreeable. The only negative point is breakfast, not really diverse on the extreme early time! But seems to be a good one after 7am (according to the others clients). I really recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 14 October 2012

Garden House Hotel ticks all of the boxes and I would reccommend this place to anyone visiting Istanbul. The rooms are nicely decorated, clean and spacious. The hotel is located right in the middle of the old town, so it is very quaint and close to all of the attractions. Above all else, the service at the Garden House Hotel is outstanding and the Customer Relations Manager, Selchuk, provides a level of hospitality that is above and beyond what you would normally expect.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 October 2012

I am just returning home from a five-day trip to Istanbul. My accommodations were excellent. I stayed at the Garden House Hotel. It was extremely convenient to the hippodrome public area which is the 'back yard' of the 2 most famous mosques. Selcuk, the manager, was extremely helpful. Right at the beginning, despite me being harried from the trip from the states, Selcuk sat with me in the quiet, shaded part of the garden and we reviewed what my goals for the trip were. I'm an independent traveler and avoid itineraries but Selcuk gently nudged me in directions that I might not have sought out: the Turkush Hamans for example were really enjoyable - I went to 2 different ones that were recommended. The garden area courtyard also serves as the restaurant in the evening. My 2nd floor room overlooked the garden area and was private and quiet. The room was cleaned regularly and I just couldn't have been more pleased with my stay at the Garden House.
There's alot to see in Istanbul and you will be doing a lot of walking!

• Stayed: October 2012
Reviewed 11 October 2012

We stayed here for a week and found that we were well cared for from the minute we entered the hotel! A small old hotel which is decorated in the traditional Ottoman style, the room (we opted for a superior suite) was lovely, nicely decorated, small balcony and a good sized ensuite.
Food at the hotel is very good, but there are loads of restaurants nearby so you don't have to eat in all the time, they have a coffee machine and freshly baked cookies in the seating area of the hotel, these are available all the time, a nice touch. The Manager Selcuk was so friendly and helpful, he went through maps with us and told us how to get to various places, he was always there if you needed help, always happy and smiling.
We would recommend this hotel, and would stay again, not only was our stay exceptional but it's also ideally situated in the Sultanahmet area, walking distance to all the main sights and for anywhere else the tram system is very easy to use. Oh and the black and white cat who comes round to say hello now and then was so sweet!

Room Tip: Go for a superior room, as you get a lovely airy balcony!
Reviewed 10 October 2012

I spent 3 nights in the hotel. It was an excelent experience.
Very well located because is near the more important historic monuments, staff friendly and really nice rooms.
When we arrived there was fresh fruits offered to us that was quite good with a good bottle of turkish wine.
Breakfast could be a a bit better, but it doesnt compromise the stay.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends