“you get what you need”

Ranked #52 of 1,141 Hotels in Istanbul
Budapest, Hungary
“you get what you need”
Reviewed 4 June 2014

We got good value for the price. Friendly staff, Selcuk helping with everything, not pushing too much the special tourist attraction offers. Free drinks all day, nice breakfast in a quiet garden, room comfortable and clean. Close to the main attractions and transportation to the other parts of city. Enjoyed to relax there after the tiring daily tourist programs. Remember the exact location if you don't take a taxi back, you might get lost in the surrounding small streets :).
Beatrix&Csaba

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (241)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
New York City, New York
Reviewed 2 June 2014

We received a warm welcome at this small, boutique hotel. I was impressed with the many kind touches, like a complimentary coffee/tea, juice stand available 24/7. Downside is that's it's a bit off the beaten track. It took time to find it. The price seemed a bit high for the setting. It's a quaint hotel. It's not perfect, price could be better, but I enjoyed my stay.

Room Tip: Never take a room close to the road. There is road noise. Make sure you verify the location of your...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank NYWrldTrav
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 June 2014

My first visit to Turkey.
A vey nice, quietly hidden little place. Very well located for some of the most famous sights in Istanbul, and you can easily walk to them, however, the walk is a trifle uphill.
But of course, it is downhill when you are returning after a day's sightseeing. And there is always a welcoming glass or two of wine, juices, and tea and cakes, all on the house!

The room we slept in was large, airy, and tastefully furnished, but it didn't have much of a view. We could, however, sit on the balcony and look down a pleasant little courtyard.

Very filling breakfasts, with a large variety of items, and omelettes made before you and delivered to your table. Didn't eat at the hotel, so can't comment on the food, but the menu was inviting and interesting.

I do not like TV or music in public places. There is a TV screen, on all the time, in the small lounge where the free, help yourself wines etc are to be had. But the sound on the TV is usually switched off, and if you ask, the very helpful staff will turn the TV off altogether.

Room Tip: Trust the staff; they are very helpful. We went off season, so there were plenty of rooms to choose...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Aziz R
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 June 2014

We stayed in this hotel for 5 days during May. We were overwhelmed by the choice of places to stay in Istanbul but glad we choose this place to enjoy our stay! This is a hidden gem of a boutique hotel, demonstrating traditional features of Istanbul. The staff were very friendly. Mr Selcuk, the hotel manager, was informative and helpful, providing us tips of the city and always ensuring we are comfortable during our stay. If you are looking for something modern, then this hotel is not for you. The hotel is traditional in its features and furniture and this was something we were looking for. The boutique room was clean, consisting of a Turkish bath but also had normal shower. We had a balcony but was not facing the garden house. We stay in room 205. The location of the hotel is very good, very close to places such as Blue Mosque, Hagia Sophia, the Palace etc...Definitely recommend this place.

Room Tip: Choose a room that faces the garden. We stayed in room 205, had a balcony but faced the road instead...
Hasselt, Belgium
Reviewed 28 May 2014

I stayed in this hotel from May 19 to May 23. I found staff and ambiance both very good. Among the staff there is a gentleman called Faris who is super friendly and very professional. Also Mr. Saljuk made sure that our stay was pleasant. I am glad we chose this place.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Madrid, Spain
Reviewed 27 May 2014

We were in our Honey Moon Travel. I had been looking a lot of hotels in internet, and choosed this one, and I can tell you I was completely wright. The hotel was very well located, close to Blue Mosque and Hagia Sofia, quiet and clean. The room was really nice, big enough, with the touch of Turkish decoration (including the bed sheets) that I looked for, the bathroom clean almost new, they changed the bed sheets and bath towels every day, the breakfast also very good, and the best was the kindness of the personnel of the hotel, from desk to restaurant, specially Mr . SelÇuk, that solved all our problems and made our stay really pleasant.

Room Tip: I wrote an observation about the type of room I wanted, in the web page where I did the reservation...
Port Talbot
Reviewed 26 May 2014

My business partner and I have recently stayed at the Garden House for a very busy business trip. We had originally thought to stay in Beyoglu where many of the business hotels are but we are so fed up of soulless hotels and needed somewhere to really feel at home. After looking through Trip Advisor, we found this lovely hotel. We are seasoned travellers and have stayed in many places but this hotel takes my breath away! The rooms are lovely, we splashed out on a suite room (no more expensive than a standard business room elsewhere) which has lots of space, an amazing Turkish bath, and all the luxury you need.

The garden is fantastic, and so relaxing. After seeing many of the sites, it is perfect to sit, read a book and sip the local wine. There is free tea (many types), coffee, juice, water and freshly made cake all day and night. I am a true Brit and drink lots of tea. I really think we have saved a fortune here alone! The garden definitely makes the business travel well worth it.

The hotel is on a hill and so you need to be aware that walking uphill is inevitable but it has kept me fit, so I cant complain. I would advise all travellers to buy an Istanbul Card for the Metro as you save money on every journey. We had to commute across to Asia side for some meetings but this is the first time my commute was so relaxing, on the ferry, drinking tea and taking in the sites. To get to Uskadar, Asia side (large business centre) from Eminonu on the ferry only takes around 15 mins. I found that the boats came along quicker than the metros! This place is fairly central so whether you are working Asia side or Europe side you can reach everywhere fairly quickly.

For culture, you really couldn't be closer with a five minute walk to the Blue Mosque, Hagia Sophia and the Basilica. The hotel is situated in the middle of three very beautiful 15th Century mosques, so history and culture is everywhere.

There is a guest relations manager (Selcuk) that is here most of the time and has helped us will all our travel requirements (he is not on commission and is provided solely for the guests needs) and is so helpful.

The staff are wonderful and really know customer service (seriously London, you need some lessons here!)

We have meeting here again, hopefully within the next month or so and we will definitely be booking here . I would recommend this hotel for holidays but also it is ideal for business. I would also be happy to be a lone female traveller here as it is a secure environment.

Room Tip: For a Turkish bath, you have to book a suite room.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business