“A great choice to explore istanbul”
Review of Alaturka Hotel

Alaturka Hotel
Ranked #498 of 1,038 Istanbul B&B and Inns
Denpasar, Indonesia
“A great choice to explore istanbul”
Reviewed 4 August 2014

We booked this hotel on our first trip to Istanbul and were very happy with it. Stayed for 5 nights. The location is great. In the old town but not very busy. We have the great room with a view of the main street. The breakfast is great. The ladies in the kitchen so sweet even though they not speaking english well. they very helpful. they all nice people.
The view from the breakfast room and top roof were amazing...you should try this when you stay here.
If you have a long stay and need to wash your clothes, the express laundry is 2 block away and very cheap.

Room Tip: Not to close to the restaurant or kitchen and try get the corner room.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
  • Turkish first
New Orleans, Louisiana
Reviewed 18 May 2014

Stayed here for a few days on a trip with my daughter. The hotel is in a great location just moments from the Blue Masque, Hagia Sophia, and Topkapi Palace. It is also on the end of the street known as "Resturant Street" The room was small but quite cozy. The staff were always very friendly and willing to help!!

The breakfast is a traditional Turkish breakfast, so be prepared if you are expecting a feast! It is good and plentiful though!

Overall, great value for a great location and a great little Gem of a place!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 April 2014

I stayed here for 5 nights-the hotel is in a great location close to all central sights & has a great view from the roof terrace. Although we were on the first floor which has poor sound insulation and you can here pumping music from bars until the earlier hours so wouldn't recommend if you're a family.
Reception staff were really friendly but unfortunately on our penultimate day I retuned to our room to find that someone had been using my makeup and left it in a messy state. Not such a big deal but just a bit cheeky. Upon retuning home I realised that my company iPhone which I'd kept turned off in my suitcase the whole stay was missing. I was annoyed at myself for not realising it was missing when I packed up my case - the last time I'd seen it was on our penultimate day. I emailed the hotel reporting this and asked them to look into it. They were incredibly dismissive saying that I had 'obviously lost my phone' which I hadn't as I had not taken it outside of the room during the entire stay and that 'all our staff are honest'. Which unfortunately is not true.
Don't stay here with any valuables as it's simply not worth the risk.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Flic T
Reviewed 18 April 2014 via mobile

Booked this place as the hotel I stayed at on last visit was full. Nice clean hotel with very helpful and accommodating staff. My second floor room had a view of the water which was a nice bonus! Definitely heard street noise but it's a big city so to be expected. Breakfast was good but other hotels step it up a notch. Nice to have the breakfast upstairs to take in the views in the morning! Views from the top are great but not unique to hotels in the area. All in all I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again.

Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Perth, Australia
Reviewed 3 January 2014

This was my first visit to Istanbul, and I was travelling with friends.We wanted to stay in Sultanahmet as the location was only a short walk to the Blue Mosque, Hippodrome, Basilica Cistern, Hagia Sofia and the Topkapi Palace. The room was a twin and an adequate size for me and my friend. It also overlooked the main street area,which was was nice but if you are a light sleeper the enthusiastic crowds in the local bars at night may be a bit noisy. A room off the street would be better then, or use ear plugs, as I did. The bathroom was fine with all amenities. The decor was older style but clean and fitted in with the surrounding area. Breakfast wasn't a feast but it was adequate and typical Turkish fare. Great views from the dining room and also the Terrace Restaurant. The reception staff were extremely friendly and helpful and gave us a good local map with directions. Close to the hotel, you can catch the tram in the square, and go to the Ferry Terminal, Spice Market, Galata Tower and Grand Bazaar.The trams are usually very busy so have your tokens ready and be organised.it's a bit daunting if you are unused to public transport in a major city, though, but it's an easy and convenient way to travel. Our party had a very enjoyable stay at this hotel and would definitely recommend it to other travellers.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 29 October 2013

First off, The Alaturka has AMAZING views from the rooftop terrace! However, there is a restaurant up there, so other than the mornings (when complementary breakfast is served in the terrace restaurant), you can't really go up unless you are eating at the restaurant...which I would not recommend as the food was pretty bad. Definitely worth it to go up at night for a few drinks though! The Hagia Sophia is RIGHT THERE. Stunning!

The rooms and amenities at this place were decent - comfy bed, good room size, nice furnishings, and great street view (with bonus view of the top of the Blue Mosque) from our room's adorable juliet balcony. Plus there is an elevator, which seems rare for the area. Good for people who pack giant suitcases! However, our shower was terrible – no water pressure and only lukewarm water. Also, our TV and phone didn’t work, and the staff weren’t very friendly. The front desk clerk wouldn't accept a 100 Lira bill that we had just received from an ATM minutes earlier because it was missing a teeny pice of the corner. Very frustrating - especially since it was accepted without trouble by a restaurant later that evening. Also, beware of staying here if you are noise sensitive as the street noice is very loud - lots of lively bars and restaurants nearby. Plus there is a mosque next door so the call to prayer is particularly loud. Didn't bother me, but just thought I would warn you :).

In general though, this is a good hotel for the money and the view from the roof can't be beat! I would probably stay again.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank erin464
Perth, Australia
Reviewed 16 October 2013

We weren't sure what to expect as our first visit to Istanbul. Room was a generous size and overlooked the main street area. Whilst this was nice the enthusiastic crowds in the local bars at night were a bit noisy so a room off the street would be better or use ear plugs. Bathroom was fine and no issues. Decor was older style but clean and fits in with surrounds. Breakfast wasn't a feast but it was adequate and typical Turkish fare. Great views from the dining room and also the Terrace Restaurant. Reception staff extremely friendly and helpful and couldn't ask for more.
Best of all was the location with short walks to the Blue Mosque, Hippodrome, Basilica Cistern and Hagia Sofia and Topkapi Palace.. You could catch the metro tram in the square taking you to the Ferry Terminal, Spice Market, Galata Tower and Grand Bazaar. Be warned though, the trams are busy so have your tokens ready and be organised but it's an easy and convenient way to travel.
Overall, a very enjoyable stay and would definitely recommend.
Dean: Perth WA

Room Tip: Room off the street front will avoid any excess noise.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends