“My home in Istanbul”

Ranked #155 of 1,149 Hotels in Istanbul
New York City, New York
“My home in Istanbul”
Reviewed 14 June 2014

This is my fifth stay at the Agan Hotel since 2008, and I would not stay anywhere else, I call it my home away from home. The staff is friendly, warm and willing to accommodate all your needs. The room are spotless, breakfast is awesome, and very safe location. You can walk to all highlights of the city,. The hotel has a wonderful restaurant and offers 10% discount on meals as a guest at the hotel. Breakfast is complimentary. Turcuy works the front desk and is one of the BEST in the business. Please just be sure to have a room for me after this review is posted:-) come and stay at the lovely quaint Agan Hotel !

Room Tip: Back rooms are quieter, but honestly compared to other hotel I stayed at i did not find Agan area as...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

3 Thank koolbeenz

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Hungarian first
  • Indonesian first
  • Turkish first
Pisa, Italy
Reviewed 7 June 2014

this is a great accomodation for all guys want live the old city. close to public trasport. with a very good shuttle transfer to airports. excellent food with sales for customers. owners are kind, friendly, young, very open mind. a great deal

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with BudgetPlaces

Medias, Romania
Reviewed 4 June 2014

Hi.I m Florentina from Romania. I would like tell here at all people from this world ...i love istanbul !I booked Hotel Agan from Internet and i met there the wonderful people. The staff is great, the services are very good, a friendly attitude and the best professionalism. I want to thank especially Engin Karalar, the receptionist there .He was very kind with us, a great man.I will always return with pleasure to this hotel.I miss youuu ,Istanbul, I miss Agan Hotel, I miss that street!I recommend everyone this hotel ! Congratulation and best of succes ! Flore, Romania,Medias

Room Tip: The hotel rooms are good.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 2 June 2014

I would like to thank you for the 4 days that were more beautiful than I could ever dream. " Hotel Agan" is wonderful and the staff exceed in professionalism, friendly attitude and offered us all the information that we asked.
They did everything to make our visit to Istanbul a journey to remember and an unforgettable experience. I would reccomend " Agan hotel " , Istanbul, to all my friends who saw my pictures and want to visit Istanbul, to make their stop at Hotel Agan. Congratulation and best of success ! Thank you ! Diana S., Canada

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Diana S
Birmingham, UK
Reviewed 15 May 2014

I count myself a regular visitor to Istanbul, so I've tried numerous hotels. I was last here for any length of time four years ago, when I wrote a very positive review of this hotel. This time I travelled with my elderly parents, whose first visit to Istanbul this was, and I had no hesitation about returning to Hotel Agan. Neither they nor I were disappointed.

Location is perfect - two minutes' walk from Gülhane tram station, so very cheap and easy to get here from Atatürk airport. Close to many main attractions, Helpful, welcoming English-speaking staff who had a good sense of humour. Generous buffet breakfast. Not the most spacious bethroom, but loads of hot water. Bedding and towels changed regularly.

The hotel isn't quite so pristine as in 2010, and prices have certainly risen. But I recommend Agan as very satisfactory, value-for-money accommodation in this amazing city, and as I said last time, I wouldn't hesitate to stay here on another occasion.

Room Tip: N/A - all rooms seem to me to be similar. There is a lift to all floors.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank PurpleHankyMan
Long Beach, California
Reviewed 1 May 2014

I was travelling solo and researched hotels like crazy. This one had many good reviews from female solo travelers so I made my reservation. I stayed for four days and every single day was awesome!

The room was small, but I expected that. Everything was very clean. I had a great corner room with views of the street. All the staff I encountered went out of their way to make me feel comfortable, and I was.

I loved that there was a restaurant right outside of the hotel. It's nice to be able to have dinner and drinks then stumble up the stairs to your room. The gentlemen working at the restaurant were friendly and fun! The breakfast buffet was very good. The buffet had typical Turkish breakfast food. Tomatoes, olives, bread, delicious cheeses and other items that I don't know what they were but they were good.

I HIGHLY recommend this hotel for female solo travelers. I actually recommend it for everyone, maybe not families, only because the rooms are kind of small. If you're looking for a cute, clean, inexpensive hotel walking distance to all the site, then you will LOVE Hotel Agan!

Room Tip: As for a corner room, with a street view.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank antialatina
Merseyside
Reviewed 19 April 2014

What do you want in your hotel but to be in a central location to visit all the 'must see' places. This is in a great location. The roads can be a bit of a maze but you will find your own way around. We upgraded the room which was worth it with it's Jacuzzi bath we didn't get a chance to use! Too much to see. The bed was just the way I like it - firm. You can get to the Grand Bazaar and the Spice Bazaar just by walking. The food served is good although you tend to munch on various things all day; roasted chestnuts, corn on the cob, Turkish delight and of course the apple tea or pomegranate tea so I couldn't do the portion sizes any justice - they are seriously big! Would go back to this hotel again although we definitely did cover the whole of the area with our feet! The early morning prayers are a bit early hence the sleep quality. Seriously when would you get time to use a swimming pool or fitness centre??? Even when it rains you go out :-)

Room Tip: Try to upgrade to a superior room :) We are on Kat 4 (Not a typo) and there is only 1 english tv cha...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple