“Best location in Istanbul”
Review of Istanbul Hostel

Istanbul Hostel
Ranked #500 of 1,173 Hotels in Istanbul
Reviewed 17 October 2013

My partner and I stayed at this hostel and had a great time. The hostel is amazingly located right near the Blue Mosque and although the hostel itself is a little run down in areas the location and the helpful staff make it well worth the while. Staff went out of their way to he us with various things such as going to shows, going to theTurkish Baths, airport transfers etc... Breakfast is supplied and although it may seem like a strange combination at first (bolied egg, bread, olives, tomato, cucumber, jam, butter, cream cheese) it really does grow on you.
The outside terrace is great for late night drinks and dinner and the rooftop would be amazing in the summer (it was a bit too cold for us to use this when we were there)
The bathrooms were fairly average and a bit on the dirty side, but this wasn't too much of a bother.
I would definately recommend this hostel to anyone going to Istanbul.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
7  Thank elle_87

Reviewed 7 August 2013

We traveled many cities in Turkey and Greece, Istanbul was by far one of the best! It has a great location, breakfast, it is clean, and most important the staff is super helpful! The staff did everything possible to make sure that my friends and I were comfortable. I will definately stay here again and highly recomend Istanbul hostel!

Room Tip: I recommend the double bed private with shared bathroom. I accidentally rated a swimming pool but th...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
5  Thank ClaraFerreira
Reviewed 1 August 2013

I stayed two nights at this hostel in Istanbul. The room was ok and my general impression of the hostel was good. I stayed quite often in different hostel and I can say that this one is very nice. Very good personnel. Friendly and competent.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled solo
4  Thank marooned2006
Reviewed 18 July 2013

My first hostel experience. I was not so sure about the security of my stuff as I had a room right on the ground floor and the rooms were always open, but I guess that's how it works in the hostels. Shared a 10 bed room with 2 other friends and overall was happy with the breakfast view especially as you could sea the river and sites on either sides. They really need to have more bathrooms and need to renovate a bit but for the price I had a comfy bed and a good rest.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Supriya K
Reviewed 17 July 2013

I stayed in a single room at this hostel and had a great experience. The single room is in another apartment separate from the main building, has access to two washrooms, kitchen and laundry, all of which is shared amongst four other people. The room itself was very clean with ample space. The washrooms are a little awkward but its a hostel.

The location is perfect if you're just in Istanbul to see the sites. Its a short 5 minute walk from the Hagia Sofia, the blue mosque, basillica and maybe a 15 minute walk from the grand bizarre. It's a little far from the night-life of Taksim. I'm not sure how the actual hostel rooms were in the hostel but I think it would be worth it to book your own room, double or two single beds in the separate unit. The hostel itself actually has a nice restaurant which serves better food than most of the places around.

The only downside of the place was that there was no wireless in the separate unit. But the wifi throughout the main building worked well. The staff is super friendly and they really help you plan your stay.

Thanks to everyone for a great stay!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 1 July 2013

Beds were fine and location too. The staff is not very helpful, and the breakfast is sad. The roof terrace is great. The bathrooms are not really clean. They are quite old and outdated. This place could need some renovating. I think there are alot of places much better in Istanbul, for the same price that you pay here.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank FrederikBertelsen
Reviewed 26 June 2013

If your going for location; this is it. Right in Sultanahmet with everything you need only a 2 minute walk away. Great roof top terrace which really made it, and great views over the mosques.
We stayed in the 6 bed dorm two nights and the 24 bed dorm. This was our first dorm experience and it was fantasic. I dont know whether we were just lucky but we had undisturbed sleep, comfy beds and everything ran smoothly. They were happy to hold our luggage for an extra day. I highly recommend using the travel guide next door. We tailored our two week holiday in Turkey with all transport, most meals and everything included for a very good price and it meant we didnt have to lift a finger. Nothing bad to say about this place. Great staff vcery helpful.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple