“:)”

Ranked #952 of 1,141 Hotels in Istanbul
Mardin, Turkey
“:)”
Reviewed 6 March 2013

i have stayed in istanbul for a week and during a week ihave stayed at hotel akçinar i was really happy to stay at hotel akçinar because the hotel is very near to all historicail places you can get every where by walk and it is very easy to find the hotel back no lost :)

the breakfast is very good and teh hotel staffs are very good and helpful to us we feel our self like at our hotel for sure we will advise this hotel to all our friends

we look forwward to stay again soon

ramazan and brenda

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ramazan u

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
  • Arabic first
  • Turkish first
Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 November 2012

I stayed here for the last three days of my trip. They showed me one room before I confirmed the booking and tried to give me a different one when I arrived. The other room was quite small (as a previous reviewer wrote) and when I explained about the room they had initially shown me, they put me in the original room.

The hotel is very clean, in a great location and the staff are great too.

Room Tip: Make sure you see the room you are going to get before you book. I think some of the rooms are great...
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled solo
London
Reviewed 14 November 2012

Sytayed here for one night on our return from Egypt having stayed in a hotel further up on the same road during our initial stopover. Paid 85 Euros per night for a triple room, same as the earlier hotel, and at that rate expected bigger rooms and something a bit more than the basic set up you get at this hotel. The room itself was very small, there was barley enough room to fit our luggage in the room so we ended up stacking some of the furniture on top of each other to make some space.The bathroom was tiny to put it mildly, i've seen bigger wardrobes in hotels, and breakfast was not ready at 7am as promised. Also, we asked for an iron only be told the hotel does not provide one.
The only saving graces for this hotel are the excellent location that is second to none and also the helpfulness and knowledge of the owner. Otherwise it would only be a two or one star. At the price point we paid you should be able to get somewhere nicer so I would shop around before opting for this particualr hotel.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with family
Athens
Reviewed 21 July 2012

This hotel is clean, spacious, with a friendly staff. I would recommend it to everyone. The breakfast room is small, but that is no problem. Everything else is first class. It is in a quiet location yet so so central to shopping and the big sights!

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Archimphil
Reviewed 26 June 2012

The room was rather small and the breakfast was OK, but the best feature is its location: right by the galata bridge, 50 meters from tram which takes you to most of the sights you want and need to see. I'd stay here again for its location and its quietness.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled solo
Swabi, Pakistan
Reviewed 21 May 2012

The hotel staff is very polite and cooperative. I spent one night here. The room and washroom were a bit small and comparatively expensive

Room Tip: The lift is slow
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Arif K
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 22 April 2012

I booked this hotel at the airport and, well, I got fleeced! But that was not the fault of the hotel and when I decided to stay in Istanbul a second night they gave me a great rate and I happily stayed. This hotel isn't (nor does it CLAIM to be) the Ritz, and I would want to stay at the Ritz.....the Akcinar is perfect for tourists and shoppers or even people on a layover in Istanbul for one night....within an easy walk of ferries, the train station, shops, the "Blue Mosque" (and indeed more mosques and museums than you could shake a stick at (were you so bizarrely inclined!)), museums, parks.....and it's cheap! A typical Turkish breakfast sets you up so that you wont need a lunch and the staff are always eager to answer (the often stupid) questions from tourists..... I ranked this hotel as "excellent" because for the value for money, friendliness and location and..... I enjoyed staying here....the room was a little small but spotless and everything worked and the bed was comfortable (the safe was handy!) and the internet was FAST (be aware that the current regime in Turkey have taken the view to restrict access to the internet so if you go to Starbucks and wish to surf, you will need a local mobile number so that the government can inspect and censor your websites, emails and facebook.....three times while on facebook a government warning popped up to warn me that the site might be listed under a government decision relating to unsavoury websites.....mmmmm.........if/when I come back to Istanbul, I would happily stay here again

Room Tip: in Turkey as well as many other DON'T EVER book a hotel room from the airport using one of those...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled solo