“Loved T-Loft”

Ranked #35 of 1,191 Speciality Lodging in Istanbul
Cape Town
“Loved T-Loft”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 May 2014

From the moment we got out of our taxi and was greated by TJ we knew this was going to be a fabulous place to stay. Our room wasn't quite ready and Ulog (spelling) went and fetched us beers from the cafe across the road. We were soon in our Penthouse apartment, top floor room 7, don't worry there is a lift, the room was really nice, lots of space with separate bedroom and a big terrace. It was very clean. The room was cleaned daily and towels were replaced. Coffee and tea were provided which was the first time during our trip to Turkey, none of the other hotels had this in the rooms. TJ gave us lots of tips on where to go and what to see. The Lofts are down a narrow street which is very close to Taksim Square which has hundreds of shops and restaurants. There are trams which run thru Taksim and the Metro is right on your doorstep, 2 stops and you are in the old city by the Blue Mosque and Grand Bazaar. On our last night TJ had left 2 little key rings attached to our door which we thought was a great gift. We asked for a late check out and they were only too happy to oblige and they even brought us up a plate of fruit and 2 glasses of wine. This was the highlight to our trip to Turkey as we saw the old and new parts of Turkey from our terrace. We left with very fond memories of T-Loft. Just book it, you will not be sorry.

Room Tip: Try and pick the Penthouse apartment, No. 7 as it has the biggest terrace.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank KathyCapeTown

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Hong Kong, China
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 May 2014

Travelling in Turkey you need some reliable local people to help, while the staff at T-Loft helped us.
I think it's the standard operation model at this small-scale hotel in Istanbul which ran by a few friends. One of the owner is very helpful when we looked for local transportation to Sanfranbulu.
The hotel itself is so-so, but clean room, nice balcony, breakfast is self-served at the G/F lobby where is rather dark.
With the helpful staff, it's enough to compensate.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
Bremen
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 April 2014 via mobile

Small hotel with currently 7 rooms, one per floor. Staff extremely nice and helpful. Prepaid tickets to a concert, offered to walk us up the bus stop which we couldn't find, brought us a plate of fruit upstairs one evening when we were totally tired from yet another day of walking, brought our postcards to the post office etc.

Highly recommend. Just off Taksim place, a perfect spot to start any Istanbul activity...

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 February 2014

I have to write this review on tripadvisor even though currently I cannot find it listed on tripadvisor because the service I received here was simply amazing!

My sister planned a family trip during Chinese New Year for my parents and I to visit Europe and our first stop was Istanbul.

This is my first trip to Turkey and thanks to the owner and staff at T-Loft Residence, I know it will not be the last!

We had a long journey to Istanbul with connecting flights in Newark and Amsterdam so we were really tired when we arrived that night. However, the moment we entered T-Loft Residence, the owner welcomed us with great enthusiasm and I actually felt like I just arrived home even though this is a totally foreign country for me and my sister.

We were offered hot tea while the owner processed our check in. He had actually sent his staff to the nearby bus station three times that day to check for our arrival (due to email miscommunication, he thought we were to arrive by bus so he was concerned that we might not know how to get to the hotel from the bus station). I had never heard of anyone doing this in my life and I traveled quite a bit.

The room we stayed at was a spacious 1 bedroom apartment with kitchen facilities. The look was modern and it was clean and comfortable. They actually changed the towels and tidy up the room every day during our stay which was again unexpected since it is an apartment style hotel and normally they only offer cleaning before/after check-in/check-out.

The 2nd day, our parents arrived at the hotel early morning and although we only paid for their breakfast starting from the 2nd and 3rd night on (included in room rates), the owner just offered to let us eat breakfast together (My parents had flown in from Malaysia after a 12 hour journey so that's a really nice gesture from the hotel so our family could have our first meal together at the hotel).

Afterwards, the owner sent one of his staff to accompany us to Taksim Square and showed us the route that we were to take. I was just expecting a verbal explanation of the general direction and a map with pointers to be honest.

By the way, I thought the location for T-Loft Residence near Taksim Square is really convenient. One can easily use public transportation (I highly recommend this vs. the taxi drivers who want to overcharge and cheat) to reach the tourist sites in Istanbul. There are also lots of restaurants and shops aroung Taksim Square so it is quite convenient for tourists even though we are not exactly within walking distance to the tourist sites.

The rate we paid for the 1 bedroom apartment for 2-4 people was so affordable but the level of service received was much better than any 5 stars hotel in my opinion.

T-Loft Residence is like an oasis in Istanbul for me. Every night I came back to the hotel I felt like I had come back to a place of peace and relaxation.

On our last day, we had to miss the regular buffet hours (8am-11am) due to early flight departure but once again the owner came through when we inquired about the possibility to eat breakfast earlier and suggested that we could "pre order" the items we want for an earlier breakfast.

My sister was making request for the breakfast items the night before our departure and the owner kept insisting that she should pick more items. We ended up having 4 big plates of food served in our room at 6am on the morning of departure.

I am so glad my sister found T-Loft Residence and I already told my husband that when I take him to Istanbul next time, this is where we are going to stay.

I also highly recommend this hotel to anyone who is visiting Istanbul because the service is among the best that I ever experienced! You will not be disappointed!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family