“Very good hotel”

Ranked #24 of 1,150 Hotels in Istanbul
Plettenberg Bay, South Africa
“Very good hotel”
Reviewed 17 October 2013

We stayed here for eleven nights, and it was very very good. The staff were extremely helpful, the rooms spotlessly clean and comfortable even if a little smallish, bust the lovely rooftop terrace was a great place to spend spare time. Staff confirmed flights, did inline check ins, organized laundry and taxis, whatever we asked. The location is fantastic. Our only caveat is the recommendations made by the hotel. They booked a restaurant for us where the food was mediocre and the prices the highest we paid in Istanbul, and they also persuaded us to take a guided tour of the Bosphorus when we told the. We were going on a tour by ourselves by public ferry. They also booked this for us. We regretted this tremendously. But that is a small gripe compared to the really superior service from what is supposed to be a budget hotel.

A hint, book early if you can. As the hotel fills up, the prices rocket, para ably standard practice throughout Istanbul.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (184)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
York, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 October 2013

First visit to Istanbul, an amazing city, and a week in Hotel Niles was everything we could have wished for, given that we really dislike the huge chain luxury hotels and always opt for independent private places even when travelling on business. Niles is really great, nicely decorated, great roof terrace, good breakfast, perfect airport transfer service, good rooms (we had the upgraded Superior Rooms - and these are definitely to be be recommended). One night there was a problem with air conditioning but it was dealt with very professionally and without fuss. Throughout we had really attentive service, help from individuals, interesting conversations with staff who certainly demonstrate a real interest in having guests get the best out of their stay in Istanbul. All-in-all this is one of the nicest hotels I've ever stayed in - really!

Room Tip: Upgraded 'superior' rooms are more spacious.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 12 October 2013

What a little gem! I have never *ever* stayed anywhere so hospitable. Not only was the service outstanding, but we were constantly fed and imbibed with free food and drink: coffee, tea, bottled water, fruit salad, cake... We even felt a little bit ashamed! Gorgeous little terrace on the rooftop. Do get one of the bigger rooms as the regular rooms are somewhat small. Also be sure to check about the air conditioning. Our air-conditioning unit seemed a bit old and could not be adjusted for temperature. It was also positioned in such a way that it was blowing directly at our head while we were sleeping - that was a bit painful.

Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
Liverpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 October 2013

Lovely hotel with stunning view of the Bosphorus from the roof terrace.

The public areas are very pretty, the bed was comfortable with very nice bed linen. Bathroom more than adequate.

Staff can't do enough for you.

Plan to return next year.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Anne M
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 8 October 2013

What can I say? This was not the first time I stayed at Hotel Niles so I was a returning customer and during my 5 week holiday of Turkey (Sept/Oct 2013) I returned to this boutique hotel 3 times within that period. I have waited now until my travels have finished before writing one combined review.

The hotel rooms have been renovated since my last stay in 2012 and I have to commend that ist is a lovely job. The room has maintained its classiness and the glass pictures on the bathroom walls are just stunning with great colour scheme. I was pleased to see that you had a little black hand basin plug hanging on the wall. I have travelled a lot of Turkey and have only ever seen a bathroom sink plug 2 times. It is gold for someone who wants to do a tiny amount of clothes washing by hand. 10 out of 10 for adding this.

I stayed in 3 rooms obviously over 3 different stays and loved the room on Level 2, I think it was 205 or 206 the most. The hotel staff are wonderful and very welcoming with great memories for remembering you if you are returning again. It's a nice touch I must say. Kemal and Yilmaz on reception are gems (sorry Kemal I have now found your little green pen and I will return it next time I am there) as is the male Hotel Manager (I am sorry but I can't remember your name even if we had great talks) but I thank you for making my favourite stringy cheese available at breakfast on my last day. I really appreciated that.

It is nice that this hotel asks for feedback and then follows up on any suggestions or issues that are provided. Thank you Deniz for upgrading the computer hardware in the reception lobby for my 3rd stay there. It was really good to be able to use this briefly, with a good connection and for free. Also it was great to see that you are varying the breakfast options daily - the food coming out as the different dishes each day was delicious. Variety is important especially for those that stay longer than 2 days.

Thank you again Hotel Niles. Nothing was any trouble to all of you, and the airport transfer was great, You all provide genuine smiles and assistance to your guests - you haven't lost me, one day I will again return.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
3 Thank havachatkiwi
London, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 October 2013

Service and staff excellent at this superbly located hotel just 2 minutes from Grand Bazaar. They couldn't have done more to help us.

Due to popularity of the place no availability for Superior Room we had asked for so we had a standard room which was really teeny, but perfect for 2 nights. No bath in the bathroom, but everything very clean and excellently fitted out.

Breakfast on the rooftop is lovely. Would be excellent if they could get a hotplate in to make eggs on the premises but other than that the choice is good.

Would really recommend to others. We paid 90 Euros (cash) per night and was well worth it.

Room Tip: go for the higher floors. we were on first and you're level with the street lights on the front...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Claire B
Pijnacker
Reviewed 8 October 2013

Despite of being rejected almost in every occassion (at all clubs/bars), we had a wonderful stay in Istanbul. The friendly staff and employees did their utmost to make it a good trip for us, as a group of 7 dutch men. Rooms were very good and clean and breakfast on the rooftop terrace with a nice view over the city was excellent.

We advise you to take the airport Ataturk because the traffic was terrible to the airport Sabiha Gocken (took us 3,5 hours for 35 km).

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends