“Our third November weekend break at the hotel Niles”

Hotel Niles Istanbul
Ranked #24 of 1,159 Hotels in Istanbul
Reviewed 20 November 2013

Thank you Kemal and all the wonderful staff at the hotel Niles for a relaxing weekend break. Airport transfers.were smooth, our room lovely. This time we went to the local Turkish. Bath as well as generally enjoying the wonderful atmosphere of Istanbul. Hopefully we will be back next November.

Room Tip: We had a penthouse suite on the 4th floor with a balcony and views towards the sea of marmaris. We s...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Hotel Niles Istanbul

Reviewed 19 November 2013

This was a great hotel to stay at as it was within walking distance to most of the major attractions. My husband and I stayed for four nights as this was the second part of our honeymoon. We arrived at 530am and was able to get checked in right away which was awesome. The free breakfast was good, more variety would have been good but who can complain considering it was free. The rooftop terrace was beautiful to have breakfast in. The staff was amazing, very helpful. There were a few quirks, we wanted to try a restaurant that was not reccomened by the hotel and found their help was not up to par as when we booked at a restaurant that was. Overall we would reccomend Hotel Niles to everyone.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 November 2013 via mobile

Everything about our stay was Perfect and the staff, especially Kemal Çelik, were the best I've ever experience in all my travels. I can't say enough praise, and if you want more details on how helpful they are see the quick story below. Top notch organization!!!! Thanks.

I had the hotel help me ship a painting back to the US via UPS and after it was damaged in route by UPS I had no recourse since the claim had to be done in Turkey. Kemal Çelik from the hotel was amazing and I cannot describe all he did without getting too long, but I can say he went so far above and beyond to help me with this I couldn't believe it. He has spend over 2 months going back and forth with UpS and me to get it worked out. What amazing service!!!!! I can't imagine a better experience with Kemel and all the staff at Hotel Niles. My Wife and I will definitely be back.

Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 November 2013

We stayed as a group of 6 for a long weekend. We picked the hotel because of it's reviews and location. We arrived to a very friendly welcome from reception. The rooms were clean and looked like they had recently been refitted. The rooms were quite small, but it wasn't a problem. The location was brilliant, just a few minutes from the nearest tram stop, but we walked everywhere.Its just 10 minutes walk or so to all the main sights. The hotel itself is down a quiet side street, and in a more authentic part of town, which we liked. We found some restaurants and cafes that were less "touristy" than the ones by the main sights.
Breakfast was lovely on the roof top terrace.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank jackieb0y
Reviewed 18 November 2013

We are a group of former colleagues turned into friends from Germany who made it a tradition to meet once a year in some foreign location and spend a carefree weekend together. By pure chance we found this hotel - close to Grand Bazaar, Hagia Sophia, Topkapi Palace and the Blue Mosque. None of us knew it before, but already the service ahead of our arrival impressed us! And it continued throughout our stay - from the warm welcome and patient assistance with Internet-reservations through to great restaurant-tips. The staff never lost its good humour and was always happy to help us with recommendations or advice. The service alone makes the Hotel Niles strongly recommendable - but on top of this its rooms are nicely decorated and immaculate, the breakfast served on the "roof terrace with a view" caters for all tastes and its central location helps you safe time and taxi fares.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Andrea S
Reviewed 18 November 2013

I've come around quite a lot but I have rarely had such a nice, helpful and supporting team at a hotel - turkish hospitality at its best! The rooms are nice and clean, the breakfast is wonderful and the view from the roof terrace just stunning. Moreover you are in the middle of everything, the most wonderful attractions in walking distance. But the most important thing: you really feel at home and best looked after.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 17 November 2013

I think the one lesson i'd learned is to use 'earth view' to see exactly what the surrounding streets looks like to really know if it is well situated. The hotel looks fine and the rooms are well decorated enough but i never had a feeling as if i was in a hotel but more like a house renovated. Elevator was small and view was seeing old run down houses and the worst coast of istanbul where all the cargo boats passes by to somewhere in the black sea. The hotel is on downhill street in a very hectic area where cheap clothing are sold and seems like a clothing wholesale area. I know there are many areas in all cities like this but i definitely would not want to pay for a hotel, not cheap, for my relaxing vacation. This is the sort of area where you pass by just to see the real deal. I was much better serve hanging around the spice market than here, the grand bazzar. I am surprise of the very high rating of this hotel and the only good thing i can say is the breakfast was very varied compared to other hotels i had stay in on this trip. The weirdest part is where the bellhop would just look at you and wait for a tip as if this is some high end hotel.

Room Tip: dont stay in any hotel more than two tram stations away from Sultanahmet. There is a steep descend s...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family