“Great location, excellent value”

Hotel Niles Istanbul
Ranked #27 of 1,173 Hotels in Istanbul
Reviewed 7 January 2014

We had a very relaxing stay at this hotel at New Year. Pent house with a Turkish bath was perfect with a very cute decoration. Good breakfast at nice terrace with a Marmara view and always smiling and friendly staff. One morning we found a flower with a small 'eye' gift in our room saying happy new year. It was very surprising and thoughtful. Location is perfect to visit all touristic places like Sultanahmet, Beyazit, GrandBazar, Galata, Taksim. Also during this stay I forgot a very important paper for me at the hotel that they can easily throw away while cleaning by thinking it is a trash but they did not. So I m very grateful to them :)
Perfect experience. We definitely stay here again in future.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 1 January 2014

We had a very enjoyable stay this hotel. LOcThe breakfast buffet was absolutely delicious. Front staff was helpful in giving tips to get a local Turkish shave, visit to the popular sights as well as providing crutches for my partner who had injured her foot. Room service was friendly and considerate. Last but not least, the restaurant manager on the top floor, when asked where I can find some of this delicious rose petal jam that they serve in the breakfast buffet, packaged a tray full of them to take back home :D

Room Tip: Stay in the Junior suite (at least one night if you are short on cash) as this room is really much b...
1  Thank Nicolas M
Reviewed 30 December 2013

To compare this hotel to an international chain like Hyatt or ShangriLa is not fair.
But as a local hotel, it deserves all the raving reviews in this forum and international hotel chain can pick a page or two on how this hotel is operated.

1.Location is very good, not too far and not too near on the busy road, so you can still enjoy quiet nights and not the need to travel far to go to the main road. Wifi is strong and fast in/out of the room.

2. Rooms are very spacious, comfortable and clean. I saw some reviews saying the room is small, then they should see the rooms of some hotels in HongKong.

3. Breakfast food is tasty and healthy. Yes they serve traditional turkish bfast, and to be honest there is nothing wrong with a healthy salad, fresh bread and yougurt for breakfast. There are also some eggs, and cold cuts for those who wants a fuller one

4. Staff is very, very good.In this kind of business, i like to think it's the small things that matters for the customers. The housekeeping staff is very good in keeping everything clean and in order, I like the way i return to my room and the bathroom is squeaky clean. The bellboys are very polite and friendly , always unassuming of any tips be given to them.The Cafe staff as well, very attentive of the food and customers. My favorite personnel would be the receptionist, Yilmaz, aside that he is informative, efficient and very professional about his work, he also doesn't mind doing the extra miles to help his customers.I arrived at the hotel limping due to a slipping accident. We were simply asking for doctor's address or where to buy some crutches, the next thing we know is that he already asked a sister hotel to borrow some crutches for me. This is something that I will appreciate forever.

1  Thank aoisoba
Reviewed 29 December 2013

Great location, really great team who really help you feel at home. The hotel is really quiet even though in the centre of the bustling clothing area. Excellent location and the view from the roof terrace across the sea of Marmara is really great, fantastic. we are looking forward to our next stay.

• Stayed: December 2013
Reviewed 23 December 2013

We visited Istanbul just before Christmas and had an absolutely lovely stay. We really appreciated the friendly and helpful way in which the staff made every effort to make our visit the best possible one.

What made the stay especially great was the 24/7 rooftop bar/dining room where you could order food from surrounding restaurants for a very low fee, or just have drinks/coffee whenever while looking at the view over the Bosphorus.

We will be back.

1  Thank HerrHolmlund
Reviewed 13 December 2013

I spent three nights at the Hotel Niles back in October. My decision to stay at the Niles was primarily based on the overwhelmingly positive reviews on Trip Advisor. I am giving the Niles the highest rating primarily because of the hotel staff. I have never stayed at a hotel where the staff made you feel so welcome. The amazing treatment you will receive begins the moment you walk through the front door. If I ever return to Istanbul, one of the reasons I will go is to be able to see Kemal and the rest of the wonderful people I met again.

As for my stay, I loved the hotel itself. It is in a great location; just a short walk uphill to the main road that the tram line runs along. I only used the tram once since it was much more enjoyable to enjoy Istanbul on foot. All of the major sites are in easy walking distance from the hotel. The double room I stayed in was renovated and very comfortable. It is not a huge room, but is certainly big enough for two people. I had no problem with noise from either inside or outside the Niles. The WiFi worked well in the room. The breakfast area is very attractive and the food and beverage served was very good. You will not be eating an American breakfast, but that is what I would expect and want when I am traveling overseas. Unfortunately, the weather was not great so I did not get to enjoy the outside eating area. In the afternoon and evening, there are cookies and fruit available off the lobby.

I used the car service the Niles will arrange for you both from and to the airport. The price was good and the service impeccable. If you do use the service, when you come out of the area where you get your luggage, you will see a very long row of people holding signs for the person they are there to pickup. It can take a bit of walking back and forth to find your person.

One thing I would recommend is to take one of the commuter ferry boats across to Üsküdar . This gave me my opportunity say I set foot on the Asian continent. It is also a nice area to walk and be in a non-tourist section so you look through the market area without being beseeched to purchase something.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank CCK3510
Reviewed 10 December 2013

We we were not sure what to expect when we checked in having never been to Turkey before. The front desk person was great, the elevator is small but we hoisted our 4 large luggage bags up to the 4th floor and walked into our room. It overlooked the sea and the view was quite nice.
From the moment we checked in till the next day when we boarded the cruise, the staff were amazing, asking if we needed anything at every turn and making sure we had everything we needed - very attentive! They suggested a place to eat (which we took them up on - awesome) and they gave us a map with all of the things to see, outlining the best way to get around. The explained about the public transportation and how it works, and warned us about the carpet sales people in the main square. They prepared a great breakfast for us the next day before we left for the boat.
Overall, a great experience we would recommend.

Room Tip: Ask for something facing the ocean
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple