“Best location ;)”

Taksim Metropark Hotel
Ranked #471 of 1,163 Hotels in Istanbul
Reviewed 2 September 2014

The value of this hotel is its location. It is only 1 minute walking from Taksim square and Al-Istiklal street, as well as Taksim metro station. The rooms are big, clean but not modern. Breakfast is basic. Wifi is excellent.

Room Tip: Higher floors have better view. Avoid first floor.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Rami K
taksimmetropark, General Manager at Taksim Metropark Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 31 October 2014

Dear Guest,

We are happy to hear that you liked the location, the size of our rooms, its cleanliness and other amenities like complimentary wifi. The hotel will be going through a renovation in November and we will be glad welcoming you again with a more modern and fresh style.

Warmest Regards
Alev Durucan

Reviewed 30 August 2014 via mobile

Just 80m from Taksim metro & across the monument to Gezi park, it would be difficult to find a more central position for shopping & The Istiklal caddesi. The bad news is that the 80m is a difficult decline of oil slick laneway & nothing to recommend about the hotels exterior either.
That's the bad news. Once inside, there is very little to complain about. Very clean, well renovated, bright & well serviced. Not underly small, but with no views of anything external to the hotel, from any floor.
Complimentary breakfast is ok with the usual Turkish buffet items.
Not the romantic getaway, but location is it's Ace card. (Just watch your step down the hill!!)

Note: Most airport shuttle buses have relocated 250m away from the now closed to traffic Taksim roundabout, which now makes all the similar primely located hotels a little less convenient.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 27 August 2014 via mobile

We wanted to shop shop shop till we drop..and turkish bath..and bit of sightseeing..and walk on the festive busy istaqlal street..and come back to our clean comfortable cozy room conveniently for a good nights sleep.The Metropark exactly fitted what we needed. Budget totally friendly, right next to the Marmara Taksim..hence excellent location at Taksim Square, good wifi, reception, housekeeping, showers, average bfast buffet. However....roomservice food is intolerable. They explain the reason to be lots of cafes and restaurants around the hotel, but does that mean their kitchen shouldnot cook food if we are tired and hungry..or even if they serve, it has to be really nonpalatable??!!!???? Guys, you are doing such a good job, plz taste and improve your food:)

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 25 August 2014

Very nice hotel in the city centre; clean, rich breakfast. The rooms have some deficiencies. For example, soap was out of stock the first two days; no extra toilet paper. They said they normally change the bed linen every other day; we had to ask for a change after staying three nights.

Room Tip: Of course, if you pay for a family room even if you are only a couple, the room is more spacey.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 19 August 2014

I have selected this place to stay for two nights as a stopover and a purely time passing way. All the way, saving money was my intension... keeping the whole thing in mind, from check-in till check-out, it was awesome.

First, the rooms, I have taken a super saving room, surely not really big in size and for a person like me, it's not enough... but still, as my intension was really simple, charge your gadgets, keep theme somewhere safe and take a shower (not a bath) and do you necessary work and a simple sleep at night... it was fulfilling the job fantastic way.

They though say this as a 4 star, but I have found it as a boutique hotel... frankly, it does not mater to me at all with the stars... i was in a 5 star resort in Antalya just the other day and after checking in here, it was like a heaven to me from a living hell of Antalya. Why?? first, not the rooms size, but the staff's behaviours and services... their front desk guys and the ONLY front desk lady was so so so friendly and cooperative, I can't really imagine... any thing i need, nearest shops to known crime-spots to metro to city-tour, all the way they truly helped me a lot by giving adequate info.

Food is fine, i have tried the breakfast though, and found a McDonald just the adjacent building, I have taken my dinners there.

For rooms, it has everything you may need, even slippers (as the other five star hotel did not even gave a slipper). Has minibar (on pay, but no problem with me). Hot water available and in-room tea-coffee is also there. Bathroom is a bit small for me though, but i'm sure, that's because of the super saver room that I have selected. (but i had no trouble with that)..

The hotel is at the City Square, thus the place is a bit noisy, but i found it not too loud... just some police sirens i sometimes heard when those passed nearby.

Has good WiFi access... fast enough and they don't use any proxy server type of thing... I found privacy is secured. (Which was not in the hotel I was in Antalya... The Hotel from Antalya caused me to get my email and Facebook account blocked due to their proxy server and info stealing issue).. But this hotel is free from this matter and safe.

Even during the checkout, they were too helpful and friendly... it was like I'm leaving my home... FD staffs came and see me off and said bye bye... ohh great!!

I'll surely came back to this hotel next time if I go there. And I truly recommend it... Yes, being a hotelier, I recommend it truly... Surely, it's a good place if you are in a budget and looking for friendly cozy place, not an expensive resort (which sometimes nothing but waste of money).

Room Tip: If you need some space, please don't take any super saver rooms.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank OPL-CR
Reviewed 18 August 2014 via mobile

I spent my honeymoon in the hotel, best thing in the hotel is it's location very near to taksim square and Istiklal street. The stuff are very friendly, the rooms are not that good but clean and the breakfast buffet was good overall I really enjoyed it and will comeback again.

Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Hany E
Reviewed 13 July 2014

Very central hotel. However the room was too small and not equipped with proper blackout curtains.

Although we had a view to an abandoned construction work, we could still see the Bosphorus.
The room was well equipped and the cleaning service was good.

The breakfast is not up to a 4* standard. Although Turkey is famous for fruits, only apples were offered and sometimes rotten.
Only one Turkish low quality tea was offered and the traditional Lipton tea had to be paid at an extra cost, which is not acceptable.

The reception staff were nice, but they could not provide a complete map from the city. They did however manage to book our Bosphorus cruise at a reduced price.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple