Hotel Centrum Istanbul
US$172
US$155
US$232
  • Breakfast included
Yasmak Sultan Hotel(Istanbul)(Great Value!)
US$402
US$400
US$279
  • Restaurant
Hotel Empress Zoe(Istanbul)(Great Value!)
US$149
US$144
Hotel Amira Istanbul(Istanbul)
US$159
US$148
US$641
US$588
  • Breakfast included
Vault Karakoy, The House Hotel(Istanbul)(Great Value!)
US$131
US$105
Agoda.com
US$241
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsturkeygreat locationgrand bazaargreat touristtop floorblue mosquetram linehagia sophiabosphoruswifi
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 6 June 2012

I wish to write down my gratitude for the kind service which I enjoyed during our 1-night stay in May 2012. Especially I wish to again thank you for locating my mobile telephone which I left by mistake in my room safe, and for Aydin for so quickly bringing it to me at the port at Salipazzari by taxi as I did not have sufficient time to come back to the hotel to collect it myself (my ship was due to set sail within an hour!)

Although my telephone is only a simple cellphone handset and worth very little to anyone, it would have been a great inconvenience to lose all the contact information. So, it was a big relief when I was told that it had been safely found in the hotel room for me. I could not have asked for anything more when you were able to send Aydin to bring it to me at the port. Thank you again! Please ensure that Aydin knows how grateful I am to him for saving me so much trouble. I will surely remember this kindness I received in Istanbul for a very long time to come

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank uchao
Reviewed 1 June 2012

We stayed in this lovely hotel in May 2012. The location if perfect in the 'old city' of Istanbul. The room was a bit too small and the air conditioning didn't work, but the location was everything. Step out the front door and no matter which direction you turn there is a restaurant. It is walking distance to the many great tourist highlights. We plan to return to Istanbul and the Hotel Centrum will be our choice of hotel.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank Torana2
Reviewed 12 May 2012

Hotel Centrum is a perfectly adequate hotel - nothing special but the location is excellent. It's on a pedestrian street, within easy walking distance of all the main places to visit - the Blue Mosque, Topkapi, the Bazaar and the Bosphorus. Although the hotel bar is rather dark, there is a lovely bright breakfast room on the top floor. The Ozler is a really friendly restaurant next door - ideal for lunch, dinner or a last drink on the way home - and there are other good restaurants along the street. All in all I'd stay here again - or if not here in one of the other hotels on the same street.

Room Tip: If you're a light sleeper avoid the rooms overlooking the Ozler bar - and be warned that they are building a new underground line close by and work quite late.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank AudreyTrouser
Reviewed 31 March 2012

- Communication before the arrival: friendly at some stage and pushy at other stages to use transfer service without providing information (e.g. cost of transfer, waiting time, type of car, hotel internal or external service etc.).
- Transfer from airport to hotel: Clients have to wait for 20min to be picked up. Vehicle is not adequate (Renault Traffic to pick up one person??!!)
- Service at arrival: Reception requests transfer to be paid cash before check-in (30 Euro). Pick up a taxi and should not cost you more than 20 Euro!
- Service during stay: insufficient room service (low internet speed, constant internet connection error especially at night, absence of Ironing service, room cleaning and bed making is not up to standard, bathroom cleaning is not appropriate), hotel infrastructure needs further attention to acoustic isolation to internal and external noise and elevators are very small so if you have some luggage then consider deliver on two times!
- Breakfast service: Serving staff are nice and helpful but food selection is relatively limited.
- Communication during checking out: Reception staff do not take responsibility for service their offered clients (e.g. receipts for transfer, ironing service their offered through their external contacts).
- Location is Good but there are tens and perhaps hundereds of other hotels in the area, some of which have excellent service such as Rast Hotel (slightly expensive but very relaxing) or Hotel Spectra (if you have limited budget).

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
3  Thank N-Tounsi
Reviewed 27 March 2012

I'm now staying in this hotel this week. My organization got a group discount and my room costs EUR 75, normal price is EUR 90. Good - location. Average - service, room is small, basic setup, lower end (2 star in my humble view) breakfast. Poor - value for money, no shuttle service, hotel airport pickup is EUR 30 one way. It's cheaper to get a cab EUR 20. If I had a choice, I would have chosen something of better value.

Stayed: March 2012