“small room but good service”

Hotel Centrum Istanbul
Ranked #411 of 1,129 Hotels in Istanbul
National Park of American Samoa, American Samoa
“small room but good service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2012

The staff at the hotel centrum istanbul were great. They accommodated us for an early check-in (8am early!) and gave us a free breakfast while they cleaned up the room for us. They bent over backwards to make our stay pleasurable and comfortable. After 2 weeks travelling around Turkey staying in some fairly average hotels, this was a great place to spend our last night before flying out. The breakfast buffet was a pleasant change from the usual tomatoes, cheese and cucumber, and had a selection of cereals, yoghurts and cook to order omelettes!
Good value for money and nice and central to all the main Istanbul attractions.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank gizem s

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
  • Turkish first
Rockhampton, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 July 2012

Location is what I fisrt look for when searching for a hotel and this one is in the perfect position. Walking distance to - the Eminonu water front and all the ferries for a Bosphorous cruise, Galatea bridge for an atmospheric fish meal, Spice Bazaar, Grand Bazaar, Haghia Sophia and the Blue Mosque we walked to all from this hotel. ( if you don't like walking the tram is only about 50 mtrs away.)
The hotel itself was very good, we were given an early check in, and when we left, our luggage was held in a safe room until it was time for our shuttle to the airport, which was arranged by the hotel.

Our room was clean, comfotable, light, airy and not small, it did not have a balcony or tea making facilities ( it's only fault in my eyes )
Breakfast was was an excellant buffet in a room with nice views.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Moombee
UK
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 June 2012

I have stayed a couple of times at Hotel Centrum and was pleasantly surprised at the hotel for what we paid. The rooms were reasonably sized and very clean. The staff were as helpful as they could be even though few of them spoke any English apart from the receptionist Suzan they were all very kind and willing to try and help.
The breakfast was average but we would go just before the end of breakfast so there want much left by then so I’d advise to go early if you want a warm breakfast.
There is a Turkish bath below the hotel which isn’t much to look at when you compare it to the other hamams with amazing architecture but, the experience of a traditional hamam is second to none. The scrub and soap massage was very thorough and well done. And the massage was brilliant. For 40 minutes full body massage I think you get what you pay for. At the time the price was 35euro for the whole experience, that’s Turkish bath – 30 minutes, full body massage – 40 minutes and unlimited use of the small spa pool and sauna. The woman who does the massage- Asia, is a lovely person. Even when I returned to Istanbul other times and didn’t stay at the hotel I still returned for the hamam.

The location is perfect for sight-seeing. It’s very centrally located so only 5 minutes or less to the Spice Bazaar, 10 minutes to the Aya Sofia, Blue Mosque, Basilica Cistern, the old Hippodrome etc. The tram line is less seconds away which can get you to the other main sights very quickly if you didn’t fancy walking. Walking though is better, you experience so much more.

The street that the hotel is one has a number of nice restaurants to dine at. They are lively and bright with traditional Turkish décor. Makes you not want leave the area because there isn’t another street quite like it.

I stayed another time with friends and have recommended the hotel to many friends who have visited Istanbul. They all loved it there.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank FloatingStar
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2012

I recently stayed at Hotel Centrum in Old Istanbul. The service was excellent. It is a lovely boutique hotel with a very pleasant atmosphere.

The rooms were impeccably clean, breakfast on the top floor was well prepared and varied and the staff assistance was first class.

We stayed there for 1 night+ 2 nights later and a last night before our flight home and arrived very early on that last day. We were given access to our rooms several hours early so we could sleep. There are many good eating places around. The hotel is in a great position for access to the main Old Istanbul places of interest.

Free wifi was a great asset, however this worked much better in the lobby than in our rooms.

Nothing was too much trouble for the staff.

Room Tip: Wifi not that stroing in rooms.
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank linoss
Sydney
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 June 2012

The 4 stars isn't for the quality of the facilities but more so for the value for money you get at this place. We stayed here for 2 nights and found everything as promised, in working order, which was all we asked. The location is the big thing about this place. It is smack bang in the middle of the best part of the city, within walking distance to all the historical highlights of the city. The people working here (and in the restaurant across the street) were very friendly, checking in with them to talk about our days activities became one of the highlights of our day. Yes, the rooms are small, yes, there wasn't the best view from our room. But this was at the end of our holiday when we had ran out of money and still we were not the least bit disappointed. Our Istanbul leg of our holiday was made into a great experience with this simple fact: this place is in a great location and they deliver what they promise. A clean room at a considerably cheap price in a GREAT location.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank DenAndBel
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 June 2012

I wish to write down my gratitude for the kind service which I enjoyed during our 1-night stay in May 2012. Especially I wish to again thank you for locating my mobile telephone which I left by mistake in my room safe, and for Aydin for so quickly bringing it to me at the port at Salipazzari by taxi as I did not have sufficient time to come back to the hotel to collect it myself (my ship was due to set sail within an hour!)

Although my telephone is only a simple cellphone handset and worth very little to anyone, it would have been a great inconvenience to lose all the contact information. So, it was a big relief when I was told that it had been safely found in the hotel room for me. I could not have asked for anything more when you were able to send Aydin to bring it to me at the port. Thank you again! Please ensure that Aydin knows how grateful I am to him for saving me so much trouble. I will surely remember this kindness I received in Istanbul for a very long time to come

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank uchao
Auckland New Zealand
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 June 2012

We stayed in this lovely hotel in May 2012. The location if perfect in the 'old city' of Istanbul. The room was a bit too small and the air conditioning didn't work, but the location was everything. Step out the front door and no matter which direction you turn there is a restaurant. It is walking distance to the many great tourist highlights. We plan to return to Istanbul and the Hotel Centrum will be our choice of hotel.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family