Hotel Centrum Istanbul
US$232
US$172
US$155
  • Restaurant
Yasmak Sultan Hotel(Istanbul)(Great Value!)
US$402
US$400
US$279
  • Restaurant
Hotel Empress Zoe(Istanbul)(Great Value!)
US$149
US$144
Hotel Amira Istanbul(Istanbul)
US$159
US$148
US$641
US$587
  • Breakfast included
Vault Karakoy, The House Hotel(Istanbul)(Great Value!)
US$149
US$105
Agoda.com
US$241
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsturkeygreat locationgrand bazaargreat touristtop floorblue mosquetram linehagia sophiabosphoruswifi
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 23 April 2013

I stayed in this quaint boutique hotel with my daughter. It is ideally located only about fifteen minutes walk to the Blue Mosque and other significant sights. Very friendly staff and Wifi is free. Food was great and the bathrooms were on the small side which is expected in these sorts of establishments.

Would I stay there again, you bet I would.

Room Tip: Upper floors are better - they have two lifts
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 April 2013

The hotel is not expensive so I was surprised that I received more than what I expected. Rooms clean, not very large but ok. Very good service from staff. The breakfast is very good and the restaurant has a great view to the Bosphorus. Excellent location to tram stop and walking distance to the Blue Mosque. There are many restaurants near the area and other spice and souvenir stores. It's a group, family or couples hotel.

Room Tip: Like many other hotels, I'd suggest rooms in the upper levels to avoid noises.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank CarlyBrown
Reviewed 5 March 2013

The hotel was basic,small rooms,very clean,adequate. The location however was inaccessable to taxis,a problem if a person is not so nimble,if you need a taxi you must walk to the main road,not easy if suitcases are involved. For sight-seeing it is ideal.Istanbul has both ancient and new,its good to see it from every angle.A trip to the Princes Islands is well worth a visit.Do visit the many shopping malls in Istanbul and also the Grand Bazaar.

Room Tip: The side or back of the hotel would be better,the front faces cafes etc
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 February 2013

I stayed here for 05-nights (20 to 25-Feb'13). I was returning from Germany and Istanbul was a transit I used for sight seeing. The positives : Rooms were clean, location very good, conveniently located within walking distance from the Blue Mosque, Hagia Sofiya, Grand Bazaar and the Topkapi Palace. Around 15 kms. from Ataturk Airport and 50 Kms. from Sabiha Gokcen Airport. Room service was very prompt. Wi-fi was excellent. Sauna, Massage & Hammam (Turkish Bath) all available in the hotel. I took the Hammam and was happy with the service quality.
The negatives : The rooms are small. The view from the room is nothing to talk about. Your shuttle Bus cannot come to the horel doorstep. You will need to walk around 150 metres to board the bus or reach the hotel from the bus. My airport drop was scheduled to arrive at 14 Hrs. and hence I had requested for a check-out at 13.30 Hrs. Check-out time is 12 noon. Though there was no booking for my room (Room No. 101) on 25-Feb'13, yet, I was told to vacate the room by 13.00 Hrs. Inspite of staying for 05-nights, I was not allowed even a 90 minute extension. This is definitely not hospitality. I felt like the lady at the reception "Ms. Suzan" worked with a severe "no concern" attitude. This experience left a dark spot on my visit, which was otherwise good.

Room Tip: While making a booking negotiate and take a confirmation about your requirements, specially check-in/check-out times, else you may be disappointed,a s they will talk about rules
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank KunalBanerjee
Reviewed 4 October 2012

I would echo earlier reviewers in saying that Hotel Centrum is in an ideal situation for visiting all the central sites in Istanbul. It is also very well placed for the tram stop and is walking distance to the port area. There are lots of restaurants all round. The hotel is clean and comfortable and we found the staff helpful especially as we had to leave at 5.15am for an early flight. As others have said, the rooms are not large, and while perfectly acceptable for two or three nights I do not think I would want to spend a week there, but overall we were quite happy with the service we received.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple