“Friendly family run hotel near all the attractions”
Review of Ada Hotel Istanbul

Ada Hotel Istanbul
Ranked #17 of 1,163 Hotels in Istanbul
Reviewed 18 July 2013

I loved staying at this hotel. The rooftop breakfasts looks over the sea, framed by minerets. The family who run the hotel are extremely helpfull and go out of their way to help you navigate istanbul and beyond. I highly recomend you stay at Ada.

• Stayed: June 2013

Reviewed 13 July 2013

We stayed here for 5 nights in two double rooms as a family of 4. The Ada Hotel is in a picturesque, quiet site facing the Marmara Sea and yet just 5 minutes walk to the Blue Mosque, Aya Sophia and many other sites.Staff are very friendly and helpful - a car was arranged to collect us from the airport. Nothing was too difficult for the staff; notable help to arrange car hire and find a free parking space right next to the hotel. Rooms are spacious and clean with free and fast wifi, Cable TV (300+ channels). Superb breakfast included, eaten on a roof terrace with a great sea view - sets you up for the day. Very much recommended, we would stay here again. Having traveled through much of Asia and Europe this rates as one of the best hotels we have stayed in

Room Tip: Try to get a higher room with a sea view
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Neil H
Reviewed 13 July 2013

The hotel is set in the old city of Istanbul. After emailing, a car was organised to meet me at the airport and back again, it was on time and great value. The hotel is very close to the attractions in the old city and I could walk to them all in just a few minutes. I used the travel company in the hotel to book excursions and they were very reasonable. These were booked before I arrived and were fantastic, I loved the trip to Gallipoli. My room had a lovely view over the old city and out to sea. It was comfortable and all amenities were perfect from the bed to the bathroom. The owner is an absolute delight to deal with, nothing was too much trouble. Breakfast was delicious and served on the balcony with the beautiful view. I am so looking forward to returning and sharing this wonderful place with my family.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 2 July 2013

Stayed here for 2 nights before moving on to a previously booked hotel down the road, however, would have been more than happy to stay here for our 6 nights in Istanbul. Location is 5 minutes walk from Sultanahmet and most attractions are also within easy walking distance - Hippodrome, Grand Bazaar, Basilica Cistern, Hagia Sofia, Blue Mosque, Topkapi Palace, Arasta Bazaar, etc. It's safe and easy to get around, even late at night. Our room was on the 2nd floor, so unfortunately no view for us, but we were out from early morning to late evening, so wouldn't have had the opportunity to enjoy it. Breakfast on the terrace made up for this with a beautiful outlook over the Marmara Sea. You were spoiled for choice with so many options for breakfast and staff were helpful with explanations of some of the dishes. Our room was small but clean and comfortable. We had the added advantage of a small kitchenette, but with so many cheap options available for lunch/dinner we didn't avail ourselves. The owner was reserved but friendly. He kindly allowed my son and 2 of his friends who were leaving Istanbul late at night to leave their luggage in our room for the day and even invited them to have breakfast with us at no additional cost. He also booked an airport transfer for them with a pickup at the hotel. Would highly recommend Ada Hotel and would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank lizg007
Reviewed 27 June 2013

We throughly enjoyed our stay in this lovely boutique style hotel. The rooms are very comfortable. We were fortunate to have a room with a view of a mosque and the Marmara Sea. It is very well located for exploring Sultanahmet on foot. The owner is friendly and helpful. The breakfasts were truly wonderful with many diverse dishes on offer. The breakfast was far superior to any others we had during our stay in Turkey. We enjoyed interacting with the women who work at the hotel. We will definitely return to this hotel in future visits to Istanbul. Very highly recommended!

Room Tip: Get a room with a view of the water. It's worth it!
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank iatrippers
Reviewed 27 June 2013

I visited Istanbul with my fiancee and decided to stay at the Ada hotel. This was easily one of best decisions I've made and from now on whenever we visit Istanbul, we'll definitely choose Ada to be our hotel of choice.

The hotel is extremely well equipped and has excellent amenities and services. On top of that, the hotel itself and the location where it's situated are quite beautiful. The staff is polite, helpful and very, very professional.

I will definitely recommend the Ada hotel to anyone who is visiting Istanbul.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank AbhinavA60763
Reviewed 26 June 2013

I stayed in this hotel couple of months ago when I was visiting Istanbul with a friend of mine. I can say that it was one of the best hotel experiences I ever had. First of all, it is located in the center of a most touristic neighborhood. So, it was super convenient. On top of that, the hotel itself was very beautiful, authentic and clean. The owners were very lovely and friendly. They did their best to make ourselves comfortable. Overall, I would definitely recommend this hotel. Enjoy Istanbul with the great service Ada Hotel provides you.

• Stayed: March 2013