“The place to stay”
Review of Ada Hotel Istanbul

Ada Hotel Istanbul
Ranked #36 of 1,173 Hotels in Istanbul
Reviewed 11 March 2014

My family and I had the pleasure to stay at this lovely hotel just last week. We were there for 3 nights. The place is run by a couple who I must say are exceptional when it comes to service, comfort and food.
The bedroom was very clean and the owner was always at hand to answer any questions. The breakfast on the rooftop was breathtaking with at least 15 items on the menu. Each one delicious. I would highly recommend it. The only issue was with the phone. It would not let me dial out to a cellphone line or back to Canada. However, the owner was kind enough to let me use his phone as my daughter had to be taken to an ER. He even arranged for a taxi for us

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 6 March 2014

A humble and delightful boutique hotel neatly situated a few minutes away from the top Istanbul sights of the Blue Mosque and the Aya Sophia. The hotel was comfortable, providing clean rooms and a fantastic buffet breakfast. The owner was warm and hospitable and provided great advice and insights; it was a wonderful experience and represented really great value for money (the free pick up from the airport is handy too). If you go to Ada Hotel, you're in the safest of hands!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 March 2014

I stayed at Ada Hotel with a friend for two nights and it was wonderful! The place is clean and homy and the breakfast just amazing!!! The familiy is very helpful and friendly and offers their help whenever you need it. We had a great time in istanbul and one reason sure is the superb hotel!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 24 February 2014

My wife and I stayed at ADA Hotel for 8 nights and don't regret a minute of it. From being picked up at the airport and being advised on restaurants and excursions, there was nothing missing. The location is excellent and a 5-minute walk to the Blue Mosque and other important sites to see - Aya Sophia, Topkapi, the Cistern, the Grand Bazaar, the Egyptian Spice market and even Eminonou. This is a family business which also can provide wonderful excursions outside the city for very reasonable prices. Dogan, the owner and also a travel agent, organized a day trip to Ephesus, a highlight of our trip and at a very reasonable price.

The rooms are spacious and comfortable with king sized beds and views of the Sea of Marmora (for extra cost). The view from the Breakfast room at the top is well worth it. There is a lot of choice for food - typical Turkish fare and plenty of it. We were made to feel at home.

I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone, but in particular singles, couples, and families. It is a peaceful place to stay and only a stone's throw from the bustle of Sultanahmet.

Room Tip: Get a room with a view if possible, but all are good.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank bartweyand
Reviewed 19 February 2014

I stayed here with family and friends in early December. The owner, Demet, had arranged a pick-up from the airport for me which Is a terrific service altogether. The driver was a very pleasant man who exchanged pleasantries and some info of the city along the 45 min journey. All the more remarkable as he had very little English and I had no Turkish. But a little genuine warmth goes a long way and it was plain to see he was very proud of his city.
Once I arrived at the hotel Demet checked me in and showed me to my room in no time. The room was just right, had a king size bed, en-suite and had a view facing towards the sea, albeit some distance away, but was pleasant nonetheless.
My family and friends had arrived earlier in the day, so we decided to go for a ramble in to the Istanbul night. And here is the first big win for the Ada, - location. It is only a few hundred yards down to the Square in front of the Blue Mosque. And from there all the rest flows, the Cistern, the Bazaar, and so on, all within walking distance.
The second win for the Ada becomes apparent the next morning, - breakfast. One word, Wow!
The selection, the freshness, the taste, - simply wonderful. Tip, try everything! To be honest I'm still not sure what some of it was, but I don't think I've had the pleasure of a better breakfast anywhere else. And it's all served on the top floor of the hotel. Even though it was chilly, I ventured outside on to the balcony one of the mornings it savour the view, and here is where I fell victim to an unholy bunch of seagulls. I had brought my plate of lovely grub out to the table only to realise Id forgotten my coffee. So in I went to fetch only to return 30 seconds later to a scrabble of gulls wolfing down my brekkie. There wasn't a scrap left. So be warned, never turn your back on the scavengers.
And so, we got to explore this lovely city over the next 3 days. It's a delightful place and the people were warm and friendly. If you go, I highly recommend the Ada.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank DublinPedro66
Reviewed 19 February 2014

The warm welcome, helpful staff, clean room, efficient wifi, varied and abundant breakfast are just a few things that make Ada Hotel the place to stay in Sultanahmet. Oh, and its location is perfect to walk just about anywhere! I stayed with my friend for four nights and my flight was cancelled so I stayed an extra night on my own. It's a wonderful family owned hotel whose manager can help you with anything you need. Since I live only a three hour flight away, I'll be back to Istanbul and for sure this hotel!

Room Tip: A sea view is perfect.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 10 February 2014 via mobile

We spent a weekend at Ada hotel and everything was just perfect. We arrived earlier than expected the first day and were offered breakfast. The room was so clean with free coffee and tea for two in the kitchenette. Water in the fridge costs the same as in supermarkets. Super well located, few minutes away from everything in the city. Breakfast was delicious with too many choices. The view from the terrace was breathtaking. The owner was so helpful and friendly and made our first visit to istanbul just unforgettable. I highly recommend this place!

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple