“Great view”
Review of Ada Hotel Istanbul

Ada Hotel Istanbul
Ranked #28 of 1,163 Hotels in Istanbul
Reviewed 28 May 2014

I stayed in this hotel for 2nights and the thing I loved most about it was the view. very breath-taking. the owners are nice people , however I was made to pay an extra fee because I checked out earlier than I booked. I still recommend it though. nearness to historic sights and tourists buzzing all over.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo

Reviewed 22 May 2014

I have been emailing back and forth with this hotel for the last 5 days, He said there's no room at the hotel, but that I could stay at the new deluxe suites. When I said I couldn't afford that, he lowered the rate. We were emailing back and forth because I had a lot of questions and I would only get partial answers. So I finally asked if they had Skype or if they can call me (I'd read that they offer free phone calls to US, while I don't have international access) because I'm leaving tomorrow and need to figure out my hotel situation. I talked to him this morning and he said that everything was set. I said I'd send an email to outline everything we'd discussed and to give him my flight info since airport transport is included. He just emailed me half an hour ago to say something came up & he can't confirm! He offered to still give me airport transportation and help me find a hotel, but I shouldn't have to do that when I get there. If he had said no through email or during the phone call, then I would have found a different place to stay. Now I'm stuck trying to find a place when I should be packing.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
3  Thank islddreamer
Reviewed 20 May 2014

Last month we went on a long trip around Turkey and Greece and our travel agency Encounter Tours wisely made Istanbul our base. They booked the Ada Hotel for our time in Istanbul and we ended up staying there on three different occasions—upon our arrival, when returning to catch a plane to Greece, and back again for a few more days before our departure. Each time we spent 2-3 nights. I must say that staying at the Ada was a wonderful experience and one of the factors that made our trip memorable. The location was fantastic—can’t get much better than behind the hippodrome, a few short blocks from the Blue Mosque. It was the perfect place to explore all the main attractions of Sultanahmet Square. We even walked to the Grand Bazaar (15 minutes) and to Eminönü (25-30 minutes) when we took a boat trip down the Bosphorous or the tram to Kariköy (you can take the tram closer to the hotel but we enjoy walking and exploring all the little streets). Restaurants, a mini market and souvenir stores were all close at hand as well as are lesser known attractions like the Kucuk Haya Sofya (Little Haghia Sophia) and the beautiful Sokollu Mehmet Pasha Mosque right in front.
In addition to the great location, the rooms were comfortable and clean. Like many other hotels in the historic district, it seems that the hotel was probably started off as an old building or home and has been modernized and turned into a hotel. To me that all adds to the charm, but some if you are a very fussy traveler, you might think the elevator too tiny or the shower a bit small (then again, other rooms even have a jacuzzi!). I actually enjoy all of these differences as part of the whole travel experience. We also had a coffee maker and a refrigerator with water bottles in our room which was quite convenient. The owners, Mr. Doğan, a university chemistry professor, and his lovely wife are charming and attentive to all your needs. We did not book any tours through them as these had already been all taken care of by our agency, but they were quick to give us a map or explain direction to us if we wanted to go anywhere else. We left our extra bags with our shopping items with them both times which was an added bonus, not to have to lug around all the extra weight with us when touring.
Breakfast is a highlight of the stay as it is offered in the top-floor terrace area with an incredible view of the Marmara Sea. There is an open area for the summer as well as an enclosed area for when it is colder. The three Georgian sisters who prepare and serve breakfast and do the cleaning—Şerdona, Maya and Jana—are a real treasure. Their food is magnificent, and they could not be sweeter. The breakfast is a feast, with the typical Turkish fare of olives, tomatoes, cucumbers, all sorts of breads and cheeses, gözleme, and böregi in addition to all sorts of eggs (scrambled, fried, hard), sausages, fresh and fruit, yogurt, cereals, fresh jams and honey, coffee, tea, herbal teas, juices and much, much more. Despite staying there on so many occasions, I think it was impossible to sample all they would bring out.
Then during our last stay at the hotel came the big surprise—all the hotels in Istanbul were booked that weekend so Mr. Doğan let us be the first to use one of his new luxury suites just down the street. All I can say is WOW!!!!! Let me say it again—WOW!!! No expense has been spared to make these suites beautiful. We had a very large bedroom with its own little enclosed terrace, large closets, a super modern bathroom, a full kitchen with oven, microwave, stove, dishwasher, refrigerator/freezer, and even a washer and dryer. The living room sofa served as the third bed and has a very, very large flat screen TV. The décor is gorgeous—these must be some of the loveliest suites in all Istanbul. They are one block further down than the Ada Hotel and you are connected by phone to the same reception so if you need anything, Mr. Doğan will hurry right down. Each of us even got a little souvenir gift upon our final departure! Hotel Ada…we miss you!!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank CyndyL
Reviewed 18 May 2014

If you are searching for a small, charming hotel in Istambul that is clean and tidy, with spacious rooms, perfect location in the heart of the city, plus very helpful staff, then you should choose Ada Hotel. We have spent 5 wonderful days here, and can not mention one mistake. Rooms are very clean and large, good beds, very good breakfast on an amazing roof terrace. A very good value for money!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 May 2014

I booked this hotel based on reviews and I was not disappointed. this is a small family run hotel in an excellent location for the main sights. The service was friendly, helpful and child friendly, I could not fault.

I would thoroughly recommend this hotel.

GH

Room Tip: I would recommend a sea view
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 May 2014

Me and my husband stayed in Ada Hotel for 4 nights. The place came very well recommended from friends and we need to recommend it to everyone.
The Hotel: Its a small cozy Hotel that serves an AMAZING breakfast with FANTASTIC views to the Bosphorus river. The location is perfect, its walking distance to all major touristic places.
The room: Perfect for what we needed,clean comfortable bed and shower room, bottled water in the mini fridge was refilled everyday (as its not recommended to drink from the tap) and even though its in the middle of everything it is not noisy, we had an amazing relaxing time.
The experience: We didn't really plan our trip before hand, and as soon as we got there we asked Mr Demet for some recommendations and suggestions and it was the best thing we did! He made reservations for us in amazing restaurants and we even got to go to Cappadocia to do a tour and balloon ride thanks to him. He made all the bookings for tours there, the Hotel, the tickets and coordinated the transfers, it was amazing and he made our vacation truly unforgettable.
Will definitively go back to this Hotel when we go back to Istanbul and really recommend it!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 May 2014

Really welcoming, relaxed, clean hotel in a perfect location. The proprietor is very helpful but not at all pushy, speaks good English, and is knowledgeable about the city. Breakfast combines a panoramic view of the Bosphorus with an amazing variety of food, there must be at least 40 different foodstuffs to try, and everything we sampled was of excellent quality. Yes, the muezzins can wake you early in the morning, but there are few hotel rooms in the city where that wouldn't happen, and we had no problem going back to sleep because the bed was so comfortable. The rooms are not large, but big enough, and the fridge with bottled water provided was very welcome. All the major attractions are within 5-10 minutes' walk, and there are plenty of places to eat nearby; the proprietor will make recommendations if you wish - we asked for directions to a restaurant serving Turkish food and wine with a good selection for vegetarians, and were very pleased indeed with the place he sent us to (Spectra restaurant, just a few minutes away).

Room Tip: Rooms 301 and 302 have a vent connecting their bathrooms so you can hear every single sound from you...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple