“The friendliest hotel we've ever stayed in”
Review of Ada Hotel Istanbul

Ada Hotel Istanbul
Ranked #14 of 1,134 Hotels in Istanbul
Amman
“The friendliest hotel we've ever stayed in”
Reviewed 21 March 2009

Believe all the reviews here! This is the loveliest, friendliest and most welcoming hotel my husband and I have ever stayed in. The owners, Dr Dogan and his wife (sorry, I don't know her name) live in and run the hotel and are extremely warm and helpful. They helped us with everything, suggesting restaurants, arranging food takeout (delivered to our room from various Turkish restaurants), taxis, whatever we wanted. And lots of tips on buying carpets and so on (oh, and arranged all the shipping for us and negotiated the price). We couldn't have asked for more.
The hotel is in a perfect location as well, close to all the tourist sights and many shops and the Grand Bazaar. And with a view of the sea. The breakfast was lovely, and the room was very nice too. I would recommend this hotel to anyone I know - you won't be disappointed.

• Stayed March 2009, travelled as a couple
2 Thank girlosaurus

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (157)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Reviewed 13 March 2009

I had a great time in the Ada Hotel in the historical district Sultanahmet in Istanbul. The hotel is very central, just around the corner of the Hippodrome and offers a superb view over the Sea of Marmaris. The people are very friendly and speak really excellent English.
I had a double which offered a very large comfortable bed and apart from the very modern bathroom a whirlpool in the bedroom. A bit odd of course, but wait until you've done all the sights and need to be pepped up by the waterjets! The roomfare includes a
great breakfast with lots of variety and fresh fruit. I certainly will stay there again!

• Stayed March 2009, travelled solo
3 Thank Christiaan v
Sweden
Reviewed 13 March 2009

We stayed at Ada Hotel Istanbul for 4 nights, spending long weekend there. I just wish to shortly share this fine experience, and to thank Dr. Dogan for his warm and welcoming way of managing the hotel. Istanbul is a fantastic city, and we had a lot to see. And every night, coming back to Ada- was like coming home! When the spring comes with some more warmth, it will be wonderful for the guests staying at Ada, to have their breakfast at the terrace- overlooking the moscue and the Bospore. I have already recommended Istanbul and Ada Hotel to my friends at work,so there will probably be 6 ladies coming for long weekend in a near future...

• Stayed March 2009, travelled as a couple
3 Thank MajanSweden
St. Louis, MO
Reviewed 5 March 2009

We stayed at Hotel Ada for 3 nights a few weeks ago and were very happy with our choice. We searched through lots of Istanbul hotels before choosing this one. Our room was fairly large and the jacuzzi was a nice bonus, especially after a long day of sightseeing in the chilly rain. Hot water was in abundance. The bathroom itself was quite large, and we had a full-sized queen bed, a rarity in our travels overseas. Our room over looked a small mosque and nice views of the Bosphorous. My only real complaint, and its minor, is that the prayer call from the mosque directly in front of the hotel was quite loud at 5:50 am! Lovely, but loud.

The breakfast spread was very nice, with lots of seasonal fresh fruit, olives, tomatoes, yogurts and jams, honey, breakfast meats and cheeses and fresh bread.

The location was great; an easy 5 minute walk to the Blue Mosque. The owners were very friendly and arranged for airport pickup and dropoff.

• Stayed February 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank tcreath
Bonn, Germany
Reviewed 1 March 2009

My wife and I stayed her for three nights and were pretty happy with the choice. The hotel is located close to the major sites in old Istanbul (Blue Mosque, Aya Sofia, and Topkapi Palace) but also tucked away down a quiet street a few blocks from the water. The room was small but we had a nice view of the water. Breakfast was okay but the terrace provides a great view. There is a computer for guest use in the lobby and there were also several guidebooks available to guests. The owner was very accommodating in terms of helping arrange airport transfers and making dinner reservations.

• Stayed February 2009, travelled as a couple
egypt
Reviewed 26 February 2009

I spent a couple of weeks at ada hotel in December for my Honeymoon, and it was great. almost everything about the hotel was more than superb, the management, the location, the rooms, the view, ie every thing. Istanbul is really a great city, to me it is the greatest, and staying in Ada made it more enjoyable. (NB it is a small boutique hotel not a huge one)
I grade each item alone as follows:
The management and Staff: 10/5 (it is not a mistake, I give it double the full mark)
Dr. Dogan, the owner and the manager of the hotel, is really a great person and he made our stay wonderful. He was greatlly helpful in every thing. Whenever we needed anything he was there to help, from things we needed for our stay in the hotel to guidance about the city, he even brought us a taxi when we needed one, and when e discovered that the cab driver tricked us he called the taxi company to bring us our money back. I want to say thanks a lot Dr. Dogan. Thank you from all my heart. I am sure you won't find a more friendly and helpful owner ever.
The hotel actually is like the house of Dr. Dogan, and he is there to help, he and his great family 24/7

The Location: 5/5 (I also wanted to give it more than the full mark but then I will be doing this to every thing making it pointless)
The location is also outstanding it is close to all you need in Istanbul. It is very close to the main attractions in Istanbul, has a sea view, and is close to the tram station. Imagine that at the end of your day you pass by hagia sofia and the blue mosque, then you end up at a room with a sea view. it is actually almost a dream came true. The only thing that some people might not like is that it is in a small street and not on the main road.
the closeness to the tram is really important to point out. Due to the closeness to the tram we were able to go to almost every where, even the places that were far from sultanahmet, where ada is located, in a really comfortable and fast way

The Room: 5/5
We stayed in Room 401. It is a room with a sea view (the view includes a historical Ottoman mosque and some Byzantium ruins) and Jacuzzi, and it couldn't be better. The room was really spacious with a huge and a comfortable bed, a large storage area, a great jacuzzi and a great bathroom and shower.
In order to understand how nice the room was, all I need is to describe how we spent our day there, We woke up at a sea view drank up a cup of tea, then we went to the breakfast terrace, then we went out, enjoyed Istanbul to it's full extent, then came back and spent some relaxing time in the jacuzzi then went to bed a slept like babies before enjoying the next day and so on. to put it short, room 401 was perfect, nothing less

The breakfast: 3.5/5 (the only thing that doesn't get the full mark)
The breakfast was great, but lacked variance. It is not a fancy hotel breakfast, it is just like home breakfast. I don't say the food was bad, on the contrary it was delicious and all what you need was there, but don\t dream of a large table with different kinds of food from all areas. and also a disadvantage is that all the days were the same. To put it short, you will like the food, but not as much as you will like everything about ada. But to make it clear, the breakfast terrace is breath-taking like that of the room and even more

Others: 5/5
Everything else was great, the high speed internet, which is free, fast and working 24 hours. I used to download a disney movie every day, I started it before I left in the morning and when I came back at night it was completed.
There was complementary tea bags and everything else was great.

Conclussion:
Istanbul to me is the greatest place to be and in Istanbul, Ada hotel is one of the best places to be, if not the best

Again, thank you Dr. Dogan and Thank you Ada

• Stayed December 2008, travelled as a couple
1 Thank AbdelRahman_sarwat
athens greece
Reviewed 12 February 2009

Lovely, clean room overlooking the column. Staff (owner and wife) very friendly.

• Stayed June 2008, travelled as a couple