Klassis Resort Hotel
  • Breakfast included
Beynova Hotel(Istanbul)
Garden Hotel(Silivri)
View Hotel
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 4 February 2013

I have made a reservation for this hotel especially for spa and steam bath. Although they confirmed that I could use the facilities, I disappointingly learned that they had been closed for more then one month. I could not find anyone to understand my problem, the reception desk was so impolite and as I paid in advance, I stayed there for one night.
the room was old and the furniture was outdated. The worst part was the breakfast. I have never seen such a low class 5* hotel breakfast with so bad food.
Never never will visit there again.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank fante77
Reviewed 18 November 2012 via mobile

Don't be misled by the glamorous pictures on the Internet, it's a shabby place and doesn't even deserve 3 stars. Although I'm not a smoker, I ended up with a room that still smelled of cigarettes. Finally when I ended up in a smoke- free room, all I wanted was to rest as it was around 11pm. Around 1am I received a phonecall to my room and the receptionist stated that there was a problem with the payment and they needed to see my ID. It was an unacceptable behavior to call up a guest at 1am in the morning where else this could have been resolved the next morning. I would never stay here again and I wouldnt be surprised if it closes down one day as there were barely any guests, I would say 95% of the rooms were not occupied. Stay away from this horrible place!

• Stayed: November 2012
1  Thank snakeflower
Reviewed 22 September 2012

This is a huge resort hotel lost in the middle of nowhere by the seaside about 1,1/2 hours from central Istanbul and 40 minutes fom the airport. The hotel is quite old in style but well appointed, the rooms are quite large and confortable although maybe a bit outdated. Bed mattresses excellent. A nice balcony overlooking the sea which is quite nearby. Breakfast is huge and very typiclly Turquish, not fabulous but with enough choices. Fresh orange juice is available at an extra cost. Wi fi is free. The hotel has 2 pools, one indoors, and a spa centre with good choices of massage.
All summed up it delivers what is expected from this kind of establishment. Service at front desk is busy as this seems to be a popular convention venue but is attentive and fiendly. Silivri village is a but far away but reacheable by taxi with plenty of restaurants and coffee shops there to chose from.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank lagartixa47
Reviewed 21 August 2012

I could only imagine the state of the earlier negative reviews, but I was quite lucky obviously, though I can guess what ticked others off.
I booked a pool villa online, but the website did not have extensive info on these villas. The hotel, as mentioned earlier, is built on a vast area, it is huge, with an almost dream-like sillhouette --towers, landscape trees, walkways, etc...
I was with my family, and enjoyed a 3-night special deal for the Eid (the muslim holiday), and received the holiday program by email as well as the price list from which I picked the pool villa option.
The villa was actually the ground floor of a villa, and ours was at the very end of the villa series. It was kind of misleading that they were named pool villas since they are not practically around the pool, but were on the lower side of the hotel grounds as opposed to the garden villas which are located on higher ground than the pools and the reception --quite far from the activity centers.
It is true, the hotel grounds are quite neglected though the garden is very impressive. But the buildings are losing their paint, the rooms smell mouldy, the faucets, metals are losing their shine, everything needs to be renovated, and then it will be breathtaking again.
For the holiday season, the staff was reinforced obviously. Therer were plenty of waiters, both at restaurants and around the pool. But the poolside menu is kind of weak. The rooms were cleaned every day, and there were a couple of maintenance guys walking around the pool at all times.
Although the hotel was fully booked, we did not feel the crowd, or were overwhelmed by the crowd. The open buffet dinners were satisfactory, just like the breakfasts. But the highlight was the holiday gala dinner which was superb. The gala featured a roster of fine musicians from Turkey, and was quite entertaining.
There are three pools (one of them indoors) at the hotel, and we used the bottom one closest to the sea, filled with sea water. Although the hotel was very crowded it was not difficult to find a deck chair as there were plenty. The sea however was not at its best because the wind was very strong and the waves were strong as well.
I used the spa as well and had a massage done by an Indonesian lady. The facility was quite clean, well-decorated and worth its price.

Room Tip: ask for a pool villa in the middle
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Leandros
Reviewed 14 July 2012

I have being a regular customer at this hotel for the past 5 years. At first I was impressed then disappointed and now disgusted. I have just checked into the hotel ready for a 3 day holiay with my wife. Living in Istanbul, this has been a great retreat. Unfortunately, all the pevious posts are correct. I will just add a few more. Cockoaches in the poolside male toilets, pleanty of dirty and dead spiders (some small some big) floating on the main pool surface, complete disorganisation on the front desk, faceless front desk and annoying men walking around the pool shouting ice-cream and the food that is neither freshly made nor taste good for a 5 star hotel at 5 star hotel prices. This used to be a place of Klass - not anymore. Time to find a new retreat.

Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple