9 on Istanbul Hotel
Hotel Amira Istanbul(Istanbul)
US$176
US$259
Travelocity
Regie Ottoman Istanbul(Istanbul)(Great Value!)
US$183
US$170
Agoda.com
  • Breakfast included
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 25 February 2013

Hi,

I was in a business trip for a couple of days, the hotel is clean with good service. The rooms on the high way side are quite noisy try to avoid such rooms.

The breakfast is limitied with local products are and don't expect to get expotcis fruits or even a continental breakfast, but for me it was ok.

TIP: If you are visitng istanbul it takes around one hour to get the old city (Enimonu) with subway and boat.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms on the highway side!
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 15 November 2012

The hotel was a good stay in Istanbul. Its far from airport and main attractions. I stayed here for business purpose. So, it was good for me. Good hotel, good facilities, spas. nice food.. excellent service.. overall a recommended hotel to stay if you've something to do in this area.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business
3  Thank ElmoY
Reviewed 28 February 2012

I spent long time in this hotel during business trips. Because of location and price there are not many other options. The hotel itself is not bad but with some major issues: the good rooms are just a minority: absolutely avoid internal rooms (no windows) if you want to breath, rooms facing the main street (highway) can e really noisy if you are not used to. Heating and conditioning system is really poor and old, no way to set a temperature, you can either be cooked or die for the cold, you never know... The restaurant doesn't worth the visit... Overall it's ok just if you need the position and if you get corporate rates which are much lower then showed.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 24 January 2012

This hotel is in an industrial part of the Asian side of Istanbul. On one side is a 6 or 8 lane highway, and on the other side are what appear to be industrial premises. As a female travelling alone, I was limited to staying in the hotel or taxi's to get out.

The reception area is relatively plain with the restaurant off to the left hand side. Service was good and I was quickly checked into my room and the porter whisked my bag off to the room. He took his time to show me the TV, Mini-bar and bathroom before leaving me to unpack.

I wasn't too impressed with the hotel as the taxi pulled up but once I was in my room it seemed fine. Lovely and clean with spotless white sheets. The room was well stocked with complementary toiletries, shoe polish, needle kit, etc. They also supplied slippers which were replaced each day.

The room service menu is available for 24 hours per day although I found that the food wasn't as I was used to. (Why should it be, I was in Turkey!) I chose not to have room service the first night but went to the restaurant. It seemed to be full of men with no women in sight. The menu was the same as the room service menu but the service was fine. The food was OK, but I couldn't say more than that. I had pepper steak with fries and rice (I know - it's odd). I expected a traditional steak coated in cracked pepper. What I received was more like steak dianne. A braised steak covered in mushroom sauce, with some grilled jalapineo peppers on the side.
Despite it not being as expected, it didn't taste bad.

My biggest complaint is the highway, both the noise and the lights. The curtains are very thin and the lights from the traffic flashed through the room all night long. The bed was very firm (hard) but if the room had been darker and the noise less, I'm sure I'd have slept fine.

There was free wi-fi but I couldn't get any internet connection either on my iphone or my notebook.

If you go here request a room away from the highway.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the highway
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Liz_nz
Reviewed 28 December 2010

We were put up in the Prenses Hotel for a couple of nights when our flight home was cancelled due to snow. It's a lovely hotel, with very comfortable, spacious rooms, spotlessly clean. It has a lot of facilities which we didn't have time to make use of. All the staff were polite, friendly, and couldn't do enough to help. Breakfast was an enormous array of everything you could image, hot and cold. (except bacon, of course) As the airline was paying, we had a set evening meal, but that was also very good.
The one drawback was the location - it's in the middle of an industrial estate on the asian side of Istanbul. Fine if you're looking for a stopover from Sabiha Gokcen airport, which is about 30 mins away, but about an hour by local bus and a ferry to the european side.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled with friends