“Awful !!”

Ranked #8,099 of 14,910 Restaurants in Istanbul
Price range: US$1 - US$21
Cuisines: Turkish
Neighbourhood: Sultanahmet
Description: Semazen Doner&Cafe is very close to sultanahmet square and sultanahmet train station. we are on main street and at the corner, in front of firuz aga masque
Reviewed 3 August 2017 via mobile

We went out for an evening meal and ended up at semazen. The chicken was undercooked and very bland. We also ordered chicken donner in Pitta bread which was dry and bland. Stay away if possible.

Reviewed 22 June 2017 via mobile

We ordered Lentil soup, vine leaves, shrimp casserole, and pasta carbonara.
Soup was average, shrimps were tiny sized (not good) and was not good, the pasta was horrible with heavy oily tomato sauce and no veggies, as for the stuffed vine leaves they brought only four pieces. We paid 91 Turkish Lira which was over priced for bad food, average quality. My problem is with the staff they are very rude and don't pay attention to us when we ask or order something, and it takes time to make our demands happen.
We paid 8 turkish lira as service fee.
Don't fall trap to the guy calling you to sitting the restaurant and eat, cuz it's a total scam.
I am writing this review as we are sitting and waiting to pay, using their Wifi

Reviewed 20 April 2017 via mobile

Not joking don't waste your time and your money in this awful place!!!
-I never tasted such a disgusting meat it is probably human flesh !!
- no sauce: KEBAB is dry and so tasteless!
- waiters don't care about the clients

Conclusion: if I could have put less than 1 star, I would've done it.

Reviewed 18 April 2017

A lot of the touristy restaurants around the main streets and squares of Sultanahmet seem a bit interchangeable, but I’m yet to have a bad meal in any of them. In fact, Semazen’s was probably the best, perfectly grilled lamb for about 25 lira. Staff get you in and then forget you a bit, however. Also the coffee seemed weak.

Reviewed 14 October 2016

This Doner and Cafe is the stomachs best friend, not only for poor travelling students but also for the more successful tourist who wants to get the feel of simple wholesome and inexpensive Turkish cuisine. I loved everything about the place from the old wooden covered benches to the simple menu and especially the waiters who knew every returning customer and even their choices. A real and true advertisement of Turkish hospitality.