“Great accommodation, great location and great staff”
Review of Adora Hotel

Adora Hotel
Ranked #302 of 1,163 Hotels in Istanbul
Reviewed 14 May 2013

I've stayed at this hotel for 7 nights with my girlfriend and another friend and from start to finish there wasn't anything I can complain about.
First of all the location is perfect, 5-10 minutes walking from most attractions in the Old City. Although it is situated quite close to a very busy street we didn't hear anything during the night due to the sound proof windows.
We had a breakfast buffet every morning with loads of food for both vegetarians and meat eaters including some Turkish specialties such as sesame bagels, halva, Turkish pastries, Turkish tea and coffee. Everything was very tasty and diversified so you wouldn't get bored easily.
Also, every time when we were coming back from our daily trips we were offered Turkish tea and coffee for free by the hotel's staff. I would particularly like to thank you Abdullah (one of the receptionists) for taking care of us, for introducing us to the Turkish culture and for helping us promptly whenever we needed.
The hotel has provided very good quality for money and it is definitely the place to stay if you want to visit Istanbul.

Room Tip: We stayed in two rooms and I can't complain about anything so I believe any room would be good.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Daniel T

Reviewed 8 May 2013 via mobile

Stayed at the Adora for four days. I don't have anything negative to say about the hotel. The staff was extremely helpful. I would especially like to thank Abdullah who not only helped me with getting oriented to Istanbul but also went out of his way to help me get to the airport using the tram! The room was small but clean and everything worked properly. Breakfast was amazing. A much bigger spread than I thought there would be. Lastly but not least the location is about five mins walk from the major attractions in the old district. Also right near the tram line. I would definitely stay here again! Istanbul was awesome.

• Stayed: April 2013
1  Thank Nathan S
Reviewed 5 May 2013

Thanks to Adora Hotel and their amazing staff, my family and i will never forget our 2 weeks stay at Istanbul. Everything is excellent about this hotel - the location (it is in the heart of Istanbul's old city and incredibly close to everything!), the classy/cozy decor of the lobby and room, the cleanliness, the breakfast, the 24hr tea/coffee service, the free wi-fi and last but not least- the staff. Staff at Adora were extremely kind and helpful in every way! Burhan and Abdullah made us feel like we were at home and more. They helped with making our stay as comfortable as possible, were always there to give us advice on places to visit in and out of the city and were always there to help with everything. We had the BEST time at Adora and i recommend this hotel to anyone!

1  Thank Mayssa D
Reviewed 1 May 2013

First the good, great staff especially the front desk manager, Abdullah. Ramazan always greeted us after long days of seeing the sights with a smile and an offer of Turkish coffee or tea. Maid service was excellent. The hotel is within walking distance of the Blue Mosque, Ayasofya, Topkapi, the Grand Bazaar, great shopping and much more. The price was reasonable considering the location. However, expect small basic rooms with few frills (our a/c didn't work) and it is on a noisy street. However, the windows are insulated.

Stayed: April 2013
1  Thank Susan G
Reviewed 30 April 2013

Perfect location, close to Hagia Sofia and the Blue Mosque. The tram stops outside the hotel, Gülhane station. Great! Lot's of small local restaurants nearby. Walk 50 meters from the "main street" and the prices are much cheaper. The room we stayed in was small but clean and filled it's purpose. The staff was very friendly and helpful. Next time I go to Istanbul I will surley stay in this hotel.
/Anna

1  Thank Anna170
Reviewed 30 April 2013

Excellent little hotel. We were very impressed the hotel (and, of course, services we were provided at) and the location it is situated. Many interesting attractions are near 300-500 meters of walking from the hotel. Also we want to thank the staff of the hotel: Abdullah and Burhen who assisted us many times without a hesitation. So, we would like to recommend this hotel to everyone who wants to have a good hotel with excellent service at a reasonable price.

1  Thank Ivan S
Reviewed 28 April 2013

We stayed two nights at this hotel last week while in Istanbul. The location is in walking distance to the major attractions. The service was okay but our room was tiny. There was no area to open your luggage except on the bed. The room locks are similar to passage locks. We had to call for someone to get the air and TV to work. There is no room in the bath for your toiletries. The only good food I found at breakfast was the bread and an apple. The rooms are high in Istanbul and I guess I learned you get what you pay for.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends