“Loved it.”
Review of Adora Hotel

Adora Hotel
Ranked #297 of 1,159 Hotels in Istanbul
Reviewed 3 January 2011

I stayed at Adora for 3 nights, together with 2 other guys and I can only say that I loved this hotel, regardless of the pretty small rooms and relatively poor breakfast.
The staff was absolutely incredible, providing us with everything we needed (even free omelets in the morning). They were very friendly and prompt, especially Burhan who was always there to answer our questions. Furthermore, they managed to obtain a parking space right in front of the hotel for 15TL (app.€ 7.5).
The rooms, though rather small and a bit chilly due to some radiator malfunctions, were extremely clean and cozy.
The position of the hotel is wonderful, as Adora is within walking distance from all main sights of old Istanbul and cheap restaurants with great authentic Turkish food.

I will definitely stay at this hotel whenever I return to Istanbul.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled with friends
2  Thank AlexaMardale
There are newer reviews for Adora Hotel

Reviewed 3 January 2011

Stayed for 5 nigths though it should have been one more but due to Turkish Airlines that failed - but we we´re totally charmed by this tiny yet very cosy hotel in a perfect spot if you want to see all the sights around The Sulhtanamet and have a short trip to the trains, trams & boats att Eminönü - and still not take notice that you´re in a 20 million-city! Cause i slept like a little baby but on the other hand i always do that but my travelcompanion didn´t complain about sleepingproblems so guess it was OK...

Never got around to test their food since it was only open during summerseason but a good turkish breakfast and a bar with snacks, Effes dark (best Turkisk beer i´ve ever tasted) and local wine made the loss insignificant - and you don´t have to worry about other places to eat out in Istanbul...

One thing that wasn´t good was the shower that could use some new parts since its waterflow was really slow but until next time i´ll return they will surely have fixed it...

• Stayed: December 2010
Reviewed 2 January 2011

I stayed In Adora hotel for 2 days in early December. It was a 2 days trip for me.

After so many reasearch in selecting the right hotel, I booked Adora hotel via trip advisor.
and it was truly worth. Thank you Trip advisor!

Most of tourist places are very near to Hotel. you can manage to get around by walk. Palace,Blue mosque,Grand bazaar...Staff of Adora Hotel were very much friendly, they arranged for the Turkish dance night, Bhosphorus tour for half day. The staff helped me to get to various tourist places my cheap means So this worked out for me a lot.
On arrival to istanbul ataturk airport to hotel ,I payed 45 lyra, since i hired a private vehicle, but while my retun trip from Hotel to Air port I finish in 3.25 lyra( Tram-1.75 lyra and Metro 1.75 lyra). Isn't it great a total saving of nearly 41 Lyra Straight.( Again thanks to the hotel guys who guided me on this). Not to forget they even provided me with a umbralla when it was raining on my first day in Istanbul.
Tram station is just just 2 min walk, and you get connected to all the places of Istanbul.Travelling in Tram is very much easy no confusion. just pay 1.75 lira and travel any where for one side trip.
Otherplaces to visit is Taksim, where you need to go to Kabatas from Gulhane station(Hotel location). from Kabatas just outside the Tram station you will get a fenicular underpass that takes you to Metro ( Kabatas- Taksim), From Taksin again you can walk around to go to Dolobacha Palace, Galata Tower....
Beware of people cheating you in Taksim area, they do a lot of acting and tricks to get some money out of you. Do not listen to anybody, just keep going towards you destination place.
Belle Dance at Hodja Posha was too good. truly professional ( Thanks to Trip advisor once again). This place is 5 minutes walk from Hotel
Bhosphorus Trip is worth visiting, You In between 2 continents.

Finally to conclude my mission Istanbul was a great sucess.:-)

Thanks,

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled solo
1  Thank PraveenHaadige
Reviewed 1 January 2011

I travel in Europe and Asia regularly. At the of a business trip I had a couple of days...
As I was checking in I was served tea and Turkish delight - nice surprise, nice touch. The facility was smallish and very comfortable. I love the location only a 10 minute walk from some of the most exciting history every. The staff arranged a 3:00AM taxi for me to get to the airport early and, knowing I was leaving early fixed a special breakfast. I am not use to this kind of excellent service. Seems to me these folks want my business. And they will get it! When I am in Istanbul and work allows, will stay at Adorama. The service and hospitality are unexcelled in my experience.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled on business
2  Thank Caravaneer7
Reviewed 27 December 2010

Excellent location, within walking distance to 90% of attractions. Excellent breakfast. Great value and very helpfull staff. Room was very tini but as usual in most of Europe.

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank litanowells
Reviewed 22 December 2010

at the beginning i want to give a special thank for Adora Crew "team work" specially for Burhan , really he was a very helpful person reception me and my friend very very good
any time i ask for help i found him front of me for helping
second about the hotel its very Nice i like it
but i have one Note its about the roof you should to use it during the winter because i wish to spend Night over there in the roof and because i am a sports man i hope next time found a Fitness Center or even a small gym
this is my Not
and i would say next time when i come to Turkey i will reserve in ADORA
ADORA ON OF THE 10 REASON MAKE ME FALL IN LOVE WITH TURKEY

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled with friends
2  Thank Raba7
Reviewed 21 December 2010

Excelent , the staffs in Adora Hotel were very kind and helpful and even offered my family
and I on how to explore Istanbul without being asked.The room is spacious , clean and
well decorated and located at very strategic area where you can visit many historical places within walking distance.
The breakfast provided are good and very delicous.Since this was our first visit to Istanbul,we felt at home with the help of Adora Hotel staffs.My special thanks to your staff
Borhan,Younus and Erdi for their kindness,friendliness and helps during my stay at your
hotel.It was very wonderful moment to meet them and we definately will come back and stay at your hotel.
Thank you and hope to see you again.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank arazak
Also consider these accommodations in or near Istanbul
Hotel Black Tulip
YenI Hotel
#388 of 1,159 in Istanbul
Adora Hotel
#6 of 8 in Kizilot

Been to Adora Hotel? Share your experiences!